Magic: the Gathering - War of the Spark Mafia -GAME OVER - The Gatewatch defeats Nicol Bolas!

Whicker

7 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Yeah the point thing from my end just didn't seem worth it. Seemed better suited to just kill creatures which honestly felt pointless as well with people being able to create a new one like every night 

No you're right. As the game went on I realized how pointless you and Matts were. I wanted a "destroy creature" for town as well as "give loyalty counter to" and I just gave you all slap on creatures. Definitely not good design

4 minutes ago, Counselor said:

So why y’all leave me alive so long? Because I suck right?

Nah, you played pretty well this game. I'd been wanting to kill you the last couple of nights but others just took precedence. Wolf for his lore knowledge, josh for his move, stuff like that.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

I'm not gonna ask why y'all didn't kill me.

Our strategy all game was to kill the town leaders so that come lylo there wouldn't be someone to help galvanize town. You just aren't a vocal leader or at least you weren't this game. The strategy worked really, really well too if it weren't for ksj. 

On 2/16/2020 at 10:38 PM, Ragnarok said:

Agreed.  Below is exactly what I typed out earlier today when I mentioned claiming.  Straight copy pasted.

*So, against my better judgment, I am going to claim.  I'm the vampire.  I'm not giving out the token info or anything as that would just help scum now.

I made a vampire N1, N2, and N4.  One of my vampires was put in stasis N2 so I can confirm what daboyle said.  That's also why I stopped pushing squire D3, because I could confirm what he had explained(poorly) D2.  That's why I said we should back off daboyle, his story makes sense and I don't think is scummy.

One vampire each was also killed N3 and N4 so I can confirm what PR said.  However, I'm more concerned about his role as he keeps taking out townie creatures.  If I was scum with his role, I would want to take out creatures that can be used to vote first.  Cause that really hurts their margins to win.  Paranoid me is thinking that racks, PR, and wolf are all scum together and trying to get town to off MWil.  Hoping town will follow.

I'm still leaning towards that group of four, but I'm not as firmly against MWil as I was earlier.  While I get Counselor's pint, I think scum MWil sits back a bit and lets town kill itself here.*

Obviously, my theories on PR were wrong.  I had Counselor as lock town so grouped wolfie in with PR and racks in my head. 

Adding to this, my vampire was put in stasis last night.  

@Ragnarok  care to explain how I was explaining what happened on N1 poorly?

Full truth on what happened.   I did not know that the creatures and the player could be moved against differently.   To the best of my knowledge, I repeatedly said "my creature was caught in stasis"  

Just now, rackcs said:

Our strategy all game was to kill the town leaders so that come lylo there wouldn't be someone to help galvanize town. You just aren't a vocal leader or at least you weren't this game. The strategy worked really, really well too if it weren't for ksj. 

I wasn't kidding when I talked about last week.

My gf got a ovarian torsion Tuesday so we took her to the ER.  After they gave her a CT Scan, they told us she was out-of-network.  So we asked for our bill to see the cost.  They tried to refuse(which legally they can't do) and they brought back a bill where the CT Scan was over $10,500 and total bill was over $15,000.  So she said we were done and we left.  And I had to deal with her being in pain the next couple days. We are currently fighting the bill.

Plus, I caught something at the ER and was pretty damn sick.  Finally started feeling okay a couple days ago and today is the first day I would say I'm back to 100%.

That's no excuse for defending MWil though.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

I wasn't kidding when I talked about last week.

My gf got a ovarian torsion Tuesday so we took her to the ER.  After they gave her a CT Scan, they told us she was out-of-network.  So we asked for our bill to see the cost.  They tried to refuse(which legally they can't do) and they brought back a bill where the CT Scan was over $10,500 and total bill was over $15,000.  So she said we were done and we left.  And I had to deal with her being in pain the next couple days. We are currently fighting the bill.

Plus, I caught something at the ER and was pretty damn sick.  Finally started feeling okay a couple days ago and today is the first day I would say I'm back to 100%.

That's no excuse for defending MWil though.

Hope you guys are okay

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

@Ragnarok  care to explain how I was explaining what happened on N1 poorly?

Full truth on what happened.   I did not know that the creatures and the player could be moved against differently.   To the best of my knowledge, I repeatedly said "my creature was caught in stasis"  

I wanted to make myself look better so I wouldn't get lynched.

It wasn't that you explained it poorly, just clumsily and without knowing the mechanics.  The confusion in stasis and roleblockling part in particular.  Then I got a vampire put in stasis N3 and realized what you had meant.  That's why I pushed to clear daboyle.

• Like 1