Magic: the Gathering - War of the Spark Mafia -GAME OVER - The Gatewatch defeats Nicol Bolas!

Whicker

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

I wanted to make myself look better so I wouldn't get lynched.

It wasn't that you explained it poorly, just clumsily and without knowing the mechanics.  The confusion in stasis and roleblockling part in particular.  Then I got a vampire put in stasis N3 and realized what you had meant.  That's why I pushed to clear daboyle.

I was fully perplexed that my elf was caught in stasis yet my move to create another elf was fine.  

Then when dome said no one else visited me.  Key part was me, I was further perplexed.  

THe complexity of the set up, my complete lack of any knowledge of the theme went a long way into making that explanation look clumsy.  

Just now, squire12 said:

I was fully perplexed that my elf was caught in stasis yet my move to create another elf was fine.  

Then when dome said no one else visited me.  Key part was me, I was further perplexed.  

THe complexity of the set up, my complete lack of any knowledge of the theme went a long way into making that explanation look clumsy.  

I figured that once I had seen it for myself.  Having multiple vampires at that point made it abundantly clear.  And I realized how seeing it N1, it would have been very confusing.  

I didn't realize it Day 2, which is why I kept pushing you a bit.  

But I had to play up your clumsiness in that reveal a bit that last day to try and move votes off me and onto bcb.  

• Like 1

@MWil23 I tried to cater to you the day I died. I was 100% confident in racks (and Matts lol). Initially I was going to defend you and Matts that day in hopes that scum would leave me alive. I marked BCB that night for death too. 

then Matts had to go and make the worst defense of himself I’ve seen in a long time. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

@MWil23 I tried to cater to you the day I died. I was 100% confident in racks (and Matts lol). Initially I was going to defend you and Matts that day in hopes that scum would leave me alive. I marked BCB that night for death too. 

then Matts had to go and make the worst defense of himself I’ve seen in a long time. 

I want to make it clear that me telling swag he had a bad read on me when he said I was town was 100% intentional as was when I responded to pickle's post saying us. There was one other thing that day where I implied or basically outright said I was scum that was also intentional. So you being 100% confident on me being scum was by design.

@Whicker first and foremost thank you for an unbelievably fun game and setup. This was an AWESOME and unique game with a lot of moving pieces and varying outcomes.

@Counselor congratulations on a fantastic game. I'm legitimately sorry for baiting you into getting angry with me, but I thought it was my best play. You and Pickle locking your votes on me was what I was hoping for/going for.

@theuntouchable I thought that you were going to go "2 for 1" by marking Rack/one of us after I read that you wanted Matts as the lynch. I figured you were going to try to get a little greedy (more like rightfully calculated to be fair) and go all in on multiple players in our faction. It appears as though I got lucky and guessed correctly.

@JoshstraDaymus IMO you played that spot on 100% right. Town was unlucky in that Matts was caught visiting SwAg the same night we took him out and we caught a HUGE break there.

@The Orca the reason that I was so confused as to how you could red letter SirA was that I had protected him with my move, and your power I thought was too OP to penetrate that block, but as soon as I saw your flip, it 100% made sense. Good work!

I'll try my best to explain some of my/our rationale here:

*We figured out early on there were a LOT of moving parts, and if we got into a game of chess with SwAg, Dome, and Touch we'd get blitzed. Can you imagine what @SwAg would have done with all of those soldiers? He'd move one in front of himself and then move others to investigative roles like Orca, Squire, or if he figured out Touch's power, him as well. We figured that we'd play for LYLO immediately, knowing that with 4 investigative/watching/tracking roles we would be smoked, and we couldn't possibly take them all out, so we took out Orca with his ability, the best thread players in the game in SwAg/Touch/Dome ASAP, and blocked the others that we knew about. We figured if Town had a protector, they'd protect the investigative roles, leaving the other players open for hits, which is why I had to take Squire out via a day hit.

@kingseanjohn actually saved Town by skipping Night, as Naz would have created a 3rd creature, and had a strong-armed hit N5. We would have taken out the voting power in Counselor and Rags, etc. 

So, I decided to take all of my thread credibility that I had built up and light it on fire by going "all in", figuring that Counselor and Pickle would call me/tunnel on me immediately. I banked on getting backing from Forge/Rags, which I thankfully did, but I then proceeded to totally mess up my fake claim character, which Wolf pounced on immediately. I figured if I could get my fake claim correct, I just needed 2 of Wolf, KSJ, Gopher, and Daboyle to go with me for a mislynch on Pickle/KSJ if I got a 3rd. We were 1 day away from our "bonus hit", and then yesterday's mislynch of Rags happens and we win.

In hindsight, I should have just let Naz die (sorry Naz) or setup KSJ in a coinflip situation, ironed out my fake claim via Whicker/SirA, or waited for Pickle to claim first and then just CC him/anyone else.

Regardless, great job everyone and it was a lot of fun.

P.S.

Watching @squire12 in scum chat lose his mind on how many times BCB contradicted himself or the rules (Rule #1 especially) was hilarious...but that's why we took out the calculated players that we did. It gave us a coin-flip chance and we lost.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I want to make it clear that me telling swag he had a bad read on me when he said I was town was 100% intentional as was when I responded to pickle's post saying us. There was one other thing that day where I implied or basically outright said I was scum that was also intentional. So you being 100% confident on me being scum was by design.

Ok

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Imagine if you had red lettered SirA first and beat Orca to the punch there. We get SirA lynched, he flips red, everyone thinks that Orca is a liar, so we block him that night, setup a mislynch the next day, then the debacle turns into a "Matts vs. Rack" lynch while we strong-arm hit someone else the night before instead of Orca (Touch probably a day early, giving us a Dome/SwAg/Touch trifecta!), Rack is GF and we get off a hit that night with a Day hit, and all of this with only 1 scum lynched.