If Julio retired today: How many WR’s higher all-time?

DirtyDez

Maybe in the 15-20 range at best. I couldn't put him above someone like Sterling Sharpe who despite playing in few seasons with hundreds of less balls thrown his way still has 8 less touchdowns than. Andre Johnson is the only other great WR I think of who got into the endzone less than him and he didn't get to play with a borderline hall of famer in Matt Ryan.

• Like 5

I agree with the top 20 posts. 

Off the top of my head I'm not taking his 9 years over: Rice, Moss, Owens, Ca. Johnson, Fitzgerald, A. Johnson, Carter, Irvin, Sharpe, Holt, Harrison, Wayne, S. Smith, A. Brown, Bruce and that's leaving guys like Hutson, or (far more recently) Largent out of it.

Edited by Bullet Club
  • Like 2

On 2/11/2020 at 7:24 PM, Classic said:

This. Julio is a top 10 WR all time talentwise

On 2/10/2020 at 3:30 PM, Bullet Club said:

I agree with the top 20 posts. 

Off the top of my head I'm not taking his 9 years over: Rice, Moss, Owens, Ca. Johnson, Fitzgerald, A. Johnson, Carter, Irvin, Sharpe, Holt, Harrison, Wayne, S. Smith, A. Brown, Bruce and that's leaving guys like Hutson, or (far more recently) Largent out of it.

You're not taking Julio over Reggie Wayne? Seriously? I honestly think you're being a little biased towards guys of the past. Just speaking on guys that I have seen play that I think he is unquestionably better than.. Holt, Bruce, Steve Smith. Guy's who are on a similar level.. Fitz and Andre. I'd definitely take Moss, Owens, Calvin and Harrison over him though. 

• Like 1

Just now, braylon said:

You're not taking Julio over Reggie Wayne? Seriously? I honestly think you're being a little biased towards guys of the past. Just speaking on guys that I have seen play that I think he is unquestionably better than.. Holt, Bruce, Steve Smith. Guy's who are on a similar level.. Fitz and Andre. I'd definitely take Moss, Owens, Calvin and Harrison over him though. 

Honestly, Harrison might not be CLEARLY better than Julio either. I would have loved to see a young Peyton Manning throwing to Julio Jones.. Dear lord. :o

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, braylon said:

He's a better player but give me Reggie Wayne's career. Roughly 50% longer career at this point.

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

The amount of TD's he has is absurdly low.  That's the first thing that jumps out at me when looking at his numbers.

TDs are a function of the offense. Not of the player. When you're in an offense with Roddy White, Tony Gonzalez, Michael Turner, Tevin Coleman, Devonta Freeman, Austin Hooper and Mohamed Sanu eating the red zone TDs because you're drawing doubles all the time, what can you do?

Edited by scar988
  • Like 2