If Julio retired today: How many WR’s higher all-time?

DirtyDez

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 10:07 AM, iknowcool said:

Yeah, except 71 of Moss' 101 touchdowns in his first 9 years were outside of the redzone.  Which means if you eliminate all of his touchdowns that were from being "forced the ball in the red zone", he still scored more touchdowns than Julio.

Source

Can you actually be a decoy if you never score TD's

• Like 3

On 2/16/2020 at 3:38 AM, x0x said:

Probably Top 20. Gotta think off the top in SB era:

Sterling, Rice, Owens, Moss, Fitz, Bruce, Brown, Carter, Andre, Calvin, Reed, Lofton, Irvin, Cliff Branch.

That's 14.

Steve Smith, Wayne, Harrison, Stallworth, Beleitnikoff, Ward, Largent are the only others I'd consider over him and that's 7 and his career ain't done and I don't think I'd put all of them ahead.

My Guy... What?!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, C0LTSFAN4L1F3 said:

I  mean Julio is afraid of the endzone. He loses points for that in my book

Read through the thread. Julio doesn't have a ton of touchdowns compared to the greats through 9 years, but does everything else well. Maybe it's because the Falcons have other targets to hit in the red zone. Maybe it's because teams play more c3 and try to contain what he does do. But TDs are more of a function of the offense than the individual player.

On 2/13/2020 at 11:15 AM, scar988 said:

TDs are a function of the offense. Not of the player. When you're in an offense with Roddy White, Tony Gonzalez, Michael Turner, Tevin Coleman, Devonta Freeman, Austin Hooper and Mohamed Sanu eating the red zone TDs because you're drawing doubles all the time, what can you do?

Lose game winning jump balls to Jalen Mills?

I'm sorry I couldn't help it, top 15-25 all time probably. 

On 2/28/2020 at 7:19 PM, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

Lose game winning jump balls to Jalen Mills?

I'm sorry I couldn't help it, top 15-25 all time probably. 

You mean Jalen Mills interfering with him the whole way and Matt Ryan missing the throw? Because it's not like Mills actually even made a play on the ball.

• 2 weeks later...

15-20

I'm Not going to research stats or rank WR's but right now I would say these guys are ahead of Him

Fitz, Carter, Moss, Megatron, Monk, Irving, Largent, Rice, Owens, Harrison, Bruce, Holt, T. Brown, Reed, and Ward

Then he would be battling with Andre, Boldin, Lofton, Warfield, Sharpe, I can think of 3 Smith's, Swann, Wayne, and I'm sure I'm missing some!

On 3/13/2020 at 10:36 PM, vikes635 said:

15-20

I'm Not going to research stats or rank WR's but right now I would say these guys are ahead of Him

Fitz, Carter, Moss, Megatron, Monk, Irving, Largent, Rice, Owens, Harrison, Bruce, Holt, T. Brown, Reed, and Ward

Then he would be battling with Andre, Boldin, Lofton, Warfield, Sharpe, I can think of 3 Smith's, Swann, Wayne, and I'm sure I'm missing some!

I'm sorry, Lynn Swann? He doesn't even belong in the Hall of Fame.

He doesn't belong in the HAll of very good.

He had 5462 yards in his career.

He had 51 touchdowns. In 9 years. 

You know who had more yards and TDs and everything in those 9 years?

82 other players. 

Julio Jones is EASILY better than Lynn Swann. 

On 3/15/2020 at 8:57 PM, scar988 said:

I'm sorry, Lynn Swann? He doesn't even belong in the Hall of Fame.

He doesn't belong in the HAll of very good.

He had 5462 yards in his career.

He had 51 touchdowns. In 9 years. 

You know who had more yards and TDs and everything in those 9 years?

82 other players. 

Julio Jones is EASILY better than Lynn Swann. 

I agree I probably have Jones higher than Swann myself but you are obviously boxing stats in with out considering decade played in. Also I believe swann gets allot of notoriety due to the fact he had his biggest games on nationally televised games. He passed the eye test from many and was apart of many big plays in nfl's historical real. All I was saying is he is on a list of many to compete for those alltime spots. Lets face it after all he is indeed a HOF   

7 hours ago, vikes635 said:

I agree I probably have Jones higher than Swann myself but you are obviously boxing stats in with out considering decade played in. Also I believe swann gets allot of notoriety due to the fact he had his biggest games on nationally televised games. He passed the eye test from many and was apart of many big plays in nfl's historical real. All I was saying is he is on a list of many to compete for those alltime spots. Lets face it after all he is indeed a HOF   

Except he shouldn't be one. He has half as many yards as guys like Roddy White who won't even get a sniff. Only reason why swann gets in is because he was on a Pitt SB team.