Ravens extend S Chuck Clark (3 years, $19M, $10M GTD)

RaidersAreOne

Baltimore allowed 24.6 points per game in the first five weeks of the season but only 14.5 points per game after Clark became a full-time player after Tony Jefferson went on injured reserve with a knee injury.

Not all credited to Clark, because we obviously added Peters and changed ILB starters during that period. Still he was apart of why that turn around happened 

While I think Jefferson got some undeserved blame, there is no denying, that something on our defence changed when Clark got control. While being a stellar special teamer and a very sound tackler, I rarely saw him having a bad play, and while his ceiling as a playmaker might not be there, what he was this year is certainly sufficient for this contract, and if he can improve we got a steal here.

53 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Getting a liiiiiittle ahead of yourself, no?

Not really, perhaps I’ll adjust my statement to say, “biggest 2nd contract steals in franchise history”. It obviously wouldn’t top the value of securing Ray Lewis or Ed Reed where we got them in the draft. So “overall steal” no, but I figured the contract implied biggest contract steals in franchise history... rookie deals not counting obviously as those are all steals FTMP.

But Clark on his second contract at roughly 2.5-3% of our total cap as a pro bowl caliber talent? I’m not sure what other move would compete with this, perhaps Elvis Dummervil where the fax arrived late and we got him for cheap? I’d have to look to see what Dawan Landry and Bernard Pollard got paid. I’m sure there are deals I’m forgetting where we got a guy really cheap, but this would have to be right up there for sure.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

One step closer to never having to watch Tony Jefferson on the field any longer!

It's long been a done deal that Jefferson wasn't coming back. He even said as much before the season was over. Then he confirmed it on his IG account like a week or two ago talking about how he took less money to come here and wasn't taking a paycut. He got the scissors the moment Clark took the field. He's been done. And good signing for the Ravens. Let's make the most of these 3-year deals and get a chip out of it. We're on the clock.

Edited by RavensfanRD