Quinton Dunbar no OTA's

Legend_Kenny4ever

On 3/19/2020 at 1:08 PM, offbyone said:

I am with you if that is the case, but where have you seen that?  I haven't even seen a rumor of what he is asking for.  The closest I heard was "reasonable contract extension".  

Sorry. I have to find it. I know I read somewhere where he wanted #1 CB money because he was "our #1 CB". Well, that's true, he was the best CB we had on a lousy defense. But that doesn't mean he's at the same level as some true #1 CBs

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I’m not exactly sure how we’re getting better under Ron Rivera but whatever. Can’t pay Scherff, can’t pay Williams, Can’t pay Flowers, can’t pay Dunbar, can’t pay free agents. Maybe I’m crazy but I’m not seeing how this team is getting better....

I'm all for "next man up" and growing your talent. But basically not doing much in FA to plug important holes (that are weak in the draft) is malpractice

I like Dunbar a lot. He plays the ball well and is sticky in coverage. Hard worker and doesn’t complain...Until now.

Hope we get some value. My guess is a 5th round pick, but maybe a starting TE.

He seems to have played his cards poorly, but we’ll see.

7 hours ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

I like Dunbar a lot. He plays the ball well and is sticky in coverage. Hard worker and doesn’t complain...Until now.

Hope we get some value. My guess is a 5th round pick, but maybe a starting TE.

He seems to have played his cards poorly, but we’ll see.

All of our players play their cards poorly and don’t just demand a trade if that’s what they actually want. They start going to the media and then they defend themselves after their reports they said like just send the players that want out away!!! Loved Dunny loved Trent. Y’all done bye hope for the best but y’all did us 0 favors to recoup value back not that they care but since that’s the case if they end with a crappy team I no longer care!!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Minn needs a corner, we could use a safety.. I believe both were Not drafted,, both excelled last year as top 5 position players.  What do you think? 

Wishful thinking, but it seems like we’re riding with Sean Davis. Who I liked in PITT, but hope the bad pursuit angles and missed tackles are cleaned up. 

27 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Can’t wait to see people lose their minds when we trade Dunbar to Carolina for Cam. 

I’d lose my mind too because that’s horrible value and would continue the terrible theme of this off-season. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Sorry. I have to find it. I know I read somewhere where he wanted #1 CB money because he was "our #1 CB". Well, that's true, he was the best CB we had on a lousy defense. But that doesn't mean he's at the same level as some true #1 CBs

No worries.  I will go on the record (and eat crow later) saying that I bet the contract Dunbar ends up with is equitable or a bit less than Kendall Fuller's new contract.  And that will be a bargain for a starting corner.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, offbyone said:

No worries.  I will go on the record (and eat crow later) saying that I bet the contract Dunbar ends up with is equitable or a bit less than Kendall Fuller's new contract.  And that will be a bargain for a starting corner.

No eating crow there if that is the case. I'll gladly pay less than $10m to him.

On 3/21/2020 at 10:41 PM, Thaiphoon said:

I'm all for "next man up" and growing your talent. But basically not doing much in FA to plug important holes (that are weak in the draft) is malpractice

I think that we were conditioned from Rivera's comments that he doesn't have the patience for a rebuild, and neither does Snyder, as an indication that we were going to have a silly off-season.  Aside from the Amari Cooper negotiations, it seems that that wasn't in the cards.  And I actually like it.  In the first year of a new coach, especially one that is going to have such a culture shift, it's important to evaluate the players currently here, and not add a whole lot of different personalities to the equation that could rock the boat and make things more difficult.  

I was predicting silly money to be thrown around, but I've been pleasantly surprised.  It doesn't mean that I am happy about spending a whole lot of money on backup players, when those spots should be filled in the draft, but at the same time, they aren't being filled in the draft.  It makes sense from a culture perspective, and a financial one with the Alex Smith contract, to wait another year before really going deep into the free agency pool.  

14 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Minn needs a corner, we could use a safety.. I believe both were Not drafted,, both excelled last year as top 5 position players.  What do you think? 

A top corner is worth more than a top safety though.  The Redskins would likely need something more back in a trade, especially with Harris under the franchise tag and absolutely needing a new contract, and likely wanting something similar to what Landon Collins received last year.  

10 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

No eating crow there if that is the case. I'll gladly pay less than $10m to him.

I mean I will eat crow if I misread the situation and he signs a big old contract.  In that case then I agree with the redskins decision.  

Adding Kendall Fuller puts in a solid position, but fuller plays inside, dunbar plays outside.  If we lose dunbar we are back to needing another corner.  So I just hope they are careful here.  I guess we don't need to panic because there are a few options remaining still from Logan Ryan down to Rhodes.  

8 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I think that we were conditioned from Rivera's comments that he doesn't have the patience for a rebuild, and neither does Snyder, as an indication that we were going to have a silly off-season.  Aside from the Amari Cooper negotiations, it seems that that wasn't in the cards.  And I actually like it.  In the first year of a new coach, especially one that is going to have such a culture shift, it's important to evaluate the players currently here, and not add a whole lot of different personalities to the equation that could rock the boat and make things more difficult.  

I was predicting silly money to be thrown around, but I've been pleasantly surprised.  It doesn't mean that I am happy about spending a whole lot of money on backup players, when those spots should be filled in the draft, but at the same time, they aren't being filled in the draft.  It makes sense from a culture perspective, and a financial one with the Alex Smith contract, to wait another year before really going deep into the free agency pool.  

I get that. I do. But one of the really important pieces we needed to add this FA was a TE to help Dwayne in the new system that relies on TEs.

We added Logan Thomas

Don't need to go deep into the pool. Just needed to at least try to get one of the guys out there. We sat on our hands and signed...

Logan Thomas.