Legend_Kenny4ever

Quinton Dunbar no OTA's

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

Who on earth would pay him 14M a year?  He can't possibly be asking for top 5 corner money.  Where did Cooley get this number?

56 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Who on earth would pay him 14M a year?  He can't possibly be asking for top 5 corner money.  Where did Cooley get this number?

Because PFF was saying he was the 2nd best corner in the NFL. He was responding to that. Cooley was speaking about how Dunbar is the best CB on our team right now...but he is still just a #2 CB and that we shouldn't pay him like the 2nd best CB in the league

Calling his bluff if I’m the skins. He won't sit out the season, he can't afford it. 

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

Because PFF was saying he was the 2nd best corner in the NFL. He was responding to that. Cooley was speaking about how Dunbar is the best CB on our team right now...but he is still just a #2 CB and that we shouldn't pay him like the 2nd best CB in the league

Also, I’m sure - as I have thought all along - his agent and him are looking at Norman’s contract, seeing that we just cut him and now Dunny is the #1 corner so he should just be slotted into that pay scale.

Well, it doesn't work that way. Dunny has to earn it, and he hasn't yet, but I hope he does this year.

3 hours ago, offbyone said:

Agreed.  If he wants some crazy elite deal then I think the fans would universally say get lost.  But if he is just asking to say double his current pay to 7-8M/year then I think all of the fans would say the front office are being fools.  I just hope they actually listened to his request.  I assume they know what it is because the word was that he was in the middle of extension talks with Bruce Allen and gang before they got fired.

7-8 is fair IMO. Even maybe going up to 10 if his numbers repated themselves next year. Dumbar definitely has been fun to watch and develop, I would be dispappointed seeing him leave as a Free Agent or Traded.

17 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

7-8 is fair IMO. Even maybe going up to 10 if his numbers repated themselves next year. Dumbar definitely has been fun to watch and develop, I would be dispappointed seeing him leave as a Free Agent or Traded.

I agree he would be worth it if he plays more than 11 games, which he hasn't done in his last - and only - two years in the league as a starter. For me, this is something that needs to be visited next February/March after Dunny has played for Rivera/Del Rio and after hopefully he has a healthy 2020 season. 

The dude has to prove he can at least play 3/4 of the season for me before I give him even top 20 CB money, which is what $10 million a year for a CB is.

I would trade or cut Dunbar. He was the best corner on one of the worst secondaries in the league. I’m sure they could find another player to match his production that wants to play here..