Quinton Dunbar no OTA's

Legend_Kenny4ever

9 hours ago, offbyone said:

I tend to agree.  Dunbar is a big time commodity and one we actually have a need for.  I don't understand really understand why we didn't aggressively lock him up.  He is a cover outside corner, something that fits the JDR system. 

But it is disappointing he keeps pouring gasoline on the fire.  He isn't helping his cause.  I would prefer we have  a happy camper, it isn't like we are cap poor.  I would have at least made him a reasonable offer like 8M/year 3 years.  And like you say we are signing average players with money that could secure a real piece.  At this point though, I don't know if this gets resolved.  We should trade him if we can, but they better have a back up plan.

He wants Trufant money. I'm not giving him that. I'd like a happy camper too. I would definitely give him more $$. But I'm not giving him #1 CB money. And with his antics, he's not helping himself out with the F.O

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Would love to give him a few million to play this year. He wants #1 money though.

I would be happy giving him the same deal or maybe a million or two more than what Fuller got. He's definitely a better corner than Fuller at this point.

Just now, lavar703 said:

I would be happy giving him the same deal or maybe a million or two more than what Fuller got. He's definitely a better corner than Fuller at this point.

Fair point. But I need Dunny to play more than 11 games in a season. Last season was his best season in terms of staying healthy and he still missed over a quarter of it. If I'm extending him I'm doing it in the 8m range with escalators for staying healthy that can give him generous bonuses and increase his AAV.

But I'm not doing anything as long as he continues to do this crap. 

• Like 1

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

Fair point. But I need Dunny to play more than 11 games in a season. Last season was his best season in terms of staying healthy and he still missed over a quarter of it. If I'm extending him I'm doing it in the 8m range with escalators for staying healthy that can give him generous bonuses and increase his AAV.

But I'm not doing anything as long as he continues to do this crap. 

I agree. I don’t want him to get paid but his behavior has sort of annoyed me. With that said, I’d still pay him more than Fuller. I’m assuming he’s just another guy we’ll let walk away and then sign some obscure guy none of us has ever heard of to replace him and it won’t work out. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I agree. I don’t want him to get paid but his behavior has sort of annoyed me. With that said, I’d still pay him more than Fuller. I’m assuming he’s just another guy we’ll let walk away and then sign some obscure guy none of us has ever heard of to replace him and it won’t work out. 

Don't get me wrong. Absent his behavior, I want him here. I like his style of play and want to give him an extension. And I don't want to sign some scrub to replace him. So if we can pay him commensurate with his availability and then provide him a way to earn a ton extra if he stays healthy, makes pro bowl, etc... that's the route I want to take.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I said a frontloaded 4/$40M, with limited guarantees, in my Mock Offseason, and that’s as high as I would possibly go.

I now wouldn’t give him the benefit of front-loading it, as I don’t trust him (how could anyone), so it would basically be Fuller’s exact deal. He wants to take that and shut up, I’m cool with it. I do think he’s a good player. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

He wants Trufant money. I'm not giving him that. I'd like a happy camper too. I would definitely give him more $$. But I'm not giving him #1 CB money. And with his antics, he's not helping himself out with the F.O

I am with you if that is the case, but where have you seen that?  I haven't even seen a rumor of what he is asking for.  The closest I heard was "reasonable contract extension".  

The destination that makes the most sense is probably Minnesota. They’ve gotta be desperate at CB at this point, as their top three from last year are already gone. They still have Mike Hughes, so that’s one spot they might feel good about, but they probably need at least one and maybe two more. 

Maybe Jay will convince the Jacksonville brass to make a move? That’s Dunbar’s boy, and they’ve just traded off Ramsey and Bouye in the last couple months. 

• Like 2

I’m not exactly sure how we’re getting better under Ron Rivera but whatever. Can’t pay Scherff, can’t pay Williams, Can’t pay Flowers, can’t pay Dunbar, can’t pay free agents. Maybe I’m crazy but I’m not seeing how this team is getting better....

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’m not exactly sure how we’re getting better under Ron Rivera but whatever. Can’t pay Scherff, can’t pay Williams, Can’t pay Flowers, can’t pay Dunbar, can’t pay free agents. Maybe I’m crazy but I’m not seeing how this team is getting better....

yeah for someone who said this isnt a rebuild its sure starting to look like one

17 minutes ago, e16bball said:

The destination that makes the most sense is probably Minnesota. They’ve gotta be desperate at CB at this point, as their top three from last year are already gone. They still have Mike Hughes, so that’s one spot they might feel good about, but they probably need at least one and maybe two more. 

Maybe Jay will convince the Jacksonville brass to make a move? That’s Dunbar’s boy, and they’ve just traded off Ramsey and Bouye in the last couple months. 

thats actually a prety good spot for him to land now that I think of it, would hope we could get a 3rd out of it. I mean hes no Darius Slay but hes still a #1 IMO thats cheap the last year of his deal. Slay went for a 3rd and 5th but is now making bank so I would think Dunny would get quite a bit less on an extension front. I think a 3rd would be reasonable