Quinton Dunbar no OTA's

Legend_Kenny4ever

34 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Would love a Diggs for Dunbar trade. 

Okay we’re going to trade a team first player for a player crying about winning a football game!!!!! Hard pass!!!!!

im not open to trading Dunbar if the FO does their homework in the locker room. If Dunbar who has stepped up and spoke and acted as a leader something Norman didn’t do I’m sorry I’d air more twards paying him and unlike looking at the shiny thing elsewhere I’d prefer to take my chance on the player in house. He is our best DB. He’s not a world beater but he plays hard and we can continue to look at other teams players their allowing to walk or we can take care of our own like the teams that sustain sucsess. Now if he’s asking to essentially make JNo money I explore trade options. If he takes a starting upper tier type deal in the 11 range I get this done. It’s not like we haven’t had 12 mil plus giving us marginal sucsess. We keep looking outside while the guys we keep developing are the farm guys for other teams sucsess. We let Breeland and Fuller go to KC. They both make plays. They might not be world beaters. But you can’t have world beaters everywhere. When you spend outside you tend to over pay. So losing what Dunbar offers when we can keep it for less then what replacing will more then likely costs I think we can get a deal done for fair value to make him happy with escalators for production. 

5 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

In what way is Dunbar a “team first player”.  Lmao. Have you seen him on Twitter?

I don’t check twitter. That’s a persons social media. If the FO thinks he’s worth it keep him. If now walk. But Diggs on the field acts like a kid

57 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Or why don’t we just work out a contract extension with the guy? I mean, this whole thing seems silly to me. Just like the Brandon Scherff thing never should’ve gone this far. If you can pay Paul Richardson then you can pay our guys. 

If he wants to be the highest corner in the league - like Scherff wants to be the highest paid guard - both coming off two injury riddled years where they were up and down, I’d say they haven’t earned to be amongst the highest paid at their positions.

I’ve been thinking more about this, and if Dunny won’t agree to a contract that pays him $7-9 mil on avg, you have to call his bluff.

He has to earn a big contract extension and I don’t think he has. He’s missed 15 games the last two seasons as their best corner, that’s probably cost the team a few games amongst other things but, it doesn’t help.

I don’t believe in giving top $ if you can’t be on the field. He has to prove he can play near 16 games and he hasn’t the last two seasons. So, if I’m the redskins I let him hold out. I fine him when he misses mandatory stuff and eventually he’ll show up to play bc he doesn’t have TWill $.

If he won’t agree to a contract that pays him on avg near $10 mill a year next March and he plays well this year,  franchise him for 2021. Then, he’ll be near 30 when he finally hits the market and we’ll take that 2023 comp pick.

57 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Would love a Diggs for Dunbar trade. 

It’ll never happen bc Diggs isn’t on the trade block, I don’t think just Dunny is fair compensation for Diggs and the Vikings have two great and one good corner but, I’d do that in a heart beat. At least Diggs plays in games.

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

And then do what at corner? 

Sign Bradberry, and then Fuller to be the slot corner. Sign a #2 corner - cheaper then Bradberry - to compete with Moreau and Moreland for the #2 job, someone that will cost 3-6 million a year like Fuller will.

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, Slateman said:

He's played 11+ games every season except one. 

He’s missed 15 games total the last two years and when he’s not out there it does affect our secondary a lot. He needs a raise but if he’s asking for Josh Norman $, he hasn’t earned that. He needs to earn it first.

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It’ll never happen bc Diggs isn’t on the trade block, I don’t think just Dunny is fair compensation for Diggs and the Vikings have two great and one good corner but, I’d do that in a heart beat. At least Diggs plays in games.

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

By the way, 3 of the Vikings CB’s are FA’s this season? And who are these two “great” CB’s?  Corner has been a glaring weakness for them the last couple years. 

Yeah. I'm doing the TCMD Mock for them. Waynes and Alexander are FAs. So are Fields and Sherels. It's been tough. Rhodes probably will get cut IRL (I did it too). 

• Like 1