Quinton Dunbar no OTA's

Legend_Kenny4ever

On 2/13/2020 at 9:37 PM, Thaiphoon said:

Yup. I get that. I'm just saying that we should tell him we want him back but if he's asking for the moon then I'd work out a trade partner for his services.

Or, we keep him this year under the current contract and if he balls out we franchise him for the 2021 season. Then, he’ll be 30 and we can re-sign him on a long term deal for the 2022 season and beyond or let him walk and collect the comp pick for the 2023 draft.

51 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Or, we keep him this year under the current contract and if he balls out we franchise him for the 2021 season. Then, he’ll be 30 and we can re-sign him on a long term deal for the 2022 season and beyond or let him walk and collect the comp pick for the 2023 draft.

I think we’ve seen that now players will sit seasons out. A angry player isn’t good for the locker. It’s good for media and dysfunction. We’ve had enough of that sign or trade enough is enough. Angry then walk. Unrealistic then walk. A fair deal he’s earned. I’d pay it. But I’m not just gonna say ah whatever them franchise him and make this the Kirk Cousins situation again. We need stability. Guys that want to be here and are happy to be here that buy in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

I think we’ve seen that now players will sit seasons out. A angry player isn’t good for the locker. It’s good for media and dysfunction. We’ve had enough of that sign or trade enough is enough. Angry then walk. Unrealistic then walk. A fair deal he’s earned. I’d pay it. But I’m not just gonna say ah whatever them franchise him and make this the Kirk Cousins situation again. We need stability. Guys that want to be here and are happy to be here that buy in.

Le’Veon Bell sat out a season after playing on a franchise tag. He looked stupid while doing it and the Jets have debated cutting him after one season bc he didn’t live up to his contract last year after he sat out a season and they gave him a big contract.

Trent sat out a season after having $100 million in career earnings.

Dunny is not in their class.

Him sitting out a season heading into a free agency year is incredibly stupid for his future career earnings.

How has Dunny earned a new contract?

He’s missed 15 games over two years as a starter. I don’t even think he’s earned his current contract to be honest bc he hasn’t been on the field enough to earn it.

Look, I like Dunny but he needs to show a whole hell of a lot this season if he wants a big contract extension. Him sitting out after missing 15 games over the last two seasons and heading into free agency probably means next year he’d be looking at a one-year prove it deal for like $5 million like Ereck Flowers just played for, Terrelle Pryor played for in 2017 and other players have played for before them.

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Le’Veon Bell sat out a season after playing on a franchise tag. He looked stupid while doing it and the Jets have debated cutting him after one season bc he didn’t live up to his contract last year after he sat out a season and they gave him a big contract.

Trent sat out a season after having $100 million in career earnings.

Dunny is not in their class.

Him sitting out a season heading into a free agency year is incredibly stupid for his future career earnings.

How has Dunny earned a new contract?

He’s missed 15 games over two years as a starter. I don’t even think he’s earned his current contract to be honest bc he hasn’t been on the field enough to earn it.

Look, I like Dunny but he needs to show a whole hell of a lot this season if he wants a big contract extension. Him sitting out after missing 15 games over the last two seasons and heading into free agency probably means next year he’d be looking at a one-year prove it deal for like $5 million like Ereck Flowers just played for, Terrelle Pryor played for in 2017 and other players have played for before them.

Which is why you pay him now for less then what he’s gonna earn on the field with this staff. I do believe he does want to know where he stands. I wouldn’t break the bank. But Dunbar passes the eye test. He’s going into his prime and he’s been out best CB by far. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

Which is why you pay him now for less then what he’s gonna earn on the field with this staff. I do believe he does want to know where he stands. I wouldn’t break the bank. But Dunbar passes the eye test. He’s going into his prime and he’s been out best CB by far. 

It entirely depends on what his asking price is. If he thinks he’s getting Norman $ bc Norman was just cut and was set to make $15 million, he can pound sand.

He’s a good corner in an awful secondary who’s unable to stay healthy for a season, he’s a poor man’s Jordan Reed. 

Again, I like him, but he has to prove he can can stay healthy. I don’t even think I can verify paying him in double digits on a per year avg coming off two injury plagued seasons. 

• Like 2

Either trade him now. Or make him play this year and pocket the comp pick when he leaves.

Unless we're getting a 3rd or higher for him now, don't trade him.

Dunny won't hold out of camp/regular season. Not this close to FA. And especially since he hasn't earned a ton of $ (comparatively) yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

Either trade him now. Or make him play this year and pocket the comp pick when he leaves.

Unless we're getting a 3rd or higher for him now, don't trade him.

Dunny won't hold out of camp/regular season. Not this close to FA. And especially since he hasn't earned a ton of $ (comparatively) yet.

As flashy as he is on Instagram I don’t see him according to set out, I keep him rostered if I’m Washington. Unless we got offered a high 3rd which we won’t. 

No need I’m creating a big hole at a position that we already have a big hole in

• Like 1

On 2/20/2020 at 10:00 AM, Skins212689 said:

Wish I knew what type of money he was asking for. 

Agreed.  If he wants some crazy elite deal then I think the fans would universally say get lost.  But if he is just asking to say double his current pay to 7-8M/year then I think all of the fans would say the front office are being fools.  I just hope they actually listened to his request.  I assume they know what it is because the word was that he was in the middle of extension talks with Bruce Allen and gang before they got fired.

• Like 2