Philip Rivers, Chargers Agree to Part Ways

nevetslc

Some teams gonna horribly overpay him and regret it 8 games into season.

2 minutes ago, Boltstrikes said:

Well, not the way I wanted to wake up today. Guess it’s time to start looking at the 2021 top prospects. 

Better to end the relationship a year too early rather than hitch your wagon too him and end it in 2022 or something when he's a shell of himself.

Nevertheless end of an era.

Edited by Magnifico

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

And to think that despite ALL the talent that was on that team for those 16 years, the best they ever did was an AFC Championship appearance ONE TIME.

He deserved better.

So this. If you look at the Chargers during Rivers time and the coaching choices you have to be mad. Such a waste. The lesson should be you never fire a coach after a 14-2 season and then go and hire Norv Turner, **** McCoy and then Coach Lynn who despite the fact is a really good dude, definitely did not deserve an extension after earning the 7th overall pick. 

This is the end of an Era. An end to my team. There finally is no more San Diego Chargers. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Elky said:

If he doesn't retire, he'll probably wind up either in Tampa or Jacksonville.

I’d pencil in Indianapolis or a Tennessee as options too. It depends what he is asking for. You don’t want to handcuff yourself to him for more then three years max at this point with a one year deal being ideal. 

18 minutes ago, Boltstrikes said:

So this. If you look at the Chargers during Rivers time and the coaching choices you have to be mad. Such a waste. The lesson should be you never fire a coach after a 14-2 season and then go and hire Norv Turner, **** McCoy and then Coach Lynn who despite the fact is a really good dude, definitely did not deserve an extension after earning the 7th overall pick. 

This is the end of an Era. An end to my team. There finally is no more San Diego Chargers. 

They should have fired Marty. The problem was that they waited too long and who they replaced him with. Guy just can't handle the postseason.

• Like 1