Philip Rivers, Chargers Agree to Part Ways

nevetslc

17 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

So, folks aren't gonna blame Rivers’ lackluster postseason performances on him? Just everyone else around him?

Eh, okay.

You talking about the dude that blew out his ACL, strapped a brace on and played anyway? While LDT, Gates, Merriman were all unavailable? Let’s hold that against him and praise Brady for going on IR for his injury. 

Biggest issue of the Chargers not having success is they are just soft. Once we lost Dielman this team just got softer and softer over the years. You had Gaither and company out for stretches because of, “muscle spasms.” Look at the leadership. Norv and Mccoy were soft, when your quarterback is easily the toughest player on your team you’re going to have a bad time. Stupid Rivers would be chasing defenders down on turnovers in preseason for gods sake. 

Edited by Boltstrikes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Boltstrikes said:

You talking about the dude that blew out his ACL, strapped a brace on and played anyway? While LDT, Gates, Merriman were all unavailable? Let’s hold that against him and praise Brady for going on IR for his injury. 

Biggest issue of the Chargers not having success is they are just soft. Once we lost Dielman this team just got softer and softer over the years. You had Gaither and company out for stretches because of, “muscle spasms.” Look at the leadership. Norv and Mccoy were soft, when your quarterback is easily the toughest player on your team you’re going to have a bad time. Stupid Rivers would be chasing defenders down on turnovers in preseason for gods sake. 

What about the eggs laid against the Patriots in 06 & Jets in 09?

Matt Ryan is the guy people think Philip Rivers is on this board.

Edited by ClutchDJ

2 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

What about the eggs laid against the Patriots in 06 & Jets in 09?

Matt Ryan is the guy people think Philip Rivers is on this board.

You mean 06 when the Chargers had the lead 21 to 13 with just over 6 minutes left in the game, when Marlon McCree picked Brady then fumbled the ball giving it back to the Patriots who went down and scored a TD, then couldn't stop them again on the next drive allowing a FG to win it? 

Or the 09 Jets when Rivers put up nearly 300yds against the #1 defense in the league while Tomlinson only had 24yds on 12 carries and Nate Kaeding, who missed just 3 FGs all season, missed 3 FGs in a game that ended 14 - 17?

TuKf61l.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zappaz said:

You mean 06 when the Chargers had the lead 21 to 13 with just over 6 minutes left in the game, when Marlon McCree picked Brady then fumbled the ball giving it back to the Patriots who went down and scored a TD, then couldn't stop them again on the next drive allowing a FG to win it? 

Or the 09 Jets when Rivers put up nearly 300yds against the #1 defense in the league while Tomlinson only had 24yds on 12 carries and Nate Kaeding, who missed just 3 FGs all season, missed 3 FGs in a game that ended 14 - 17?

TuKf61l.jpg

I remember lots of drops in the 06 game from usually reliable guys like Eric Parker, Gates, and VJ especially in the 2nd half of the game when Cam decided to abandon the running game for whatever reason. 

Philip Rivers still has ball left on him. He has been nothing but professional and given his all to an organization that quite frankly didn’t deserve him. I don’t care where he ends up next year; that team will benefit and I will root for him. Yes, even in Silver and Black. Rivers was that good to us fans. 

9 minutes ago, Boltstrikes said:

Philip Rivers still has ball left on him. He has been nothing but professional and given his all to an organization that quite frankly didn’t deserve him. I don’t care where he ends up next year; that team will benefit and I will root for him. Yes, even in Silver and Black. Rivers was that good to us fans. 

Well, the raiders aren't gonna do that but lol 

I wasn't alive back then but you can be damn sure that I would have rooted against Joe Montana in a chiefs uniform when they played the niners. 

I can't imagine rooting for a division rival at any point for any reason (outside of somehow them winning meant the niners made the playoffs as a wc). Frank Gore can sign a contract with the Seahawks and I would root against him. Frank Gore is one of my favorite players of all time. 

Let's be reasonable here 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2020 at 10:15 AM, Magnifico said:

Some teams gonna horribly overpay him and regret it 8 games into season.

Better to end the relationship a year too early rather than hitch your wagon too him and end it in 2022 or something when he's a shell of himself.

Nevertheless end of an era.

Or he goes on to win a SB for a actually functional organization and proves that the Chargers higher ups held him back from truly establishing himself as 1 of the GOATS.

• Like 2

On 2/10/2020 at 8:32 PM, viper952 said:

LMAO no way

I watched both, nearly every game. Rivers was vastly superior. Weird how you non Chargers fans seem to remember 30 years ago with Fouts, but with Rivers all you remember was last year. So weird indeed.

Rivers will be dominant whatever team he lands with.  I wouldn't be surprised if he is an MVP candidate.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Zappaz said:

TuKf61l.jpg

300 yards is worthless with no scoring. Especially when the opposing QB throws from 100 yards and 1 INT. Especially considering that 1 of the touchdowns the Jets scored was because of an INT

41 minutes ago, Malik said:

300 yards is worthless with no scoring. Especially when the opposing QB throws from 100 yards and 1 INT. Especially considering that 1 of the touchdowns the Jets scored was because of an INT

He had 1 passing TD and 1 rushing TD...  

Oh and we can also thank Cromartie for this amazing tackle attempt on Greene.... at least Weddle tried.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

I can see the meme now, 3 layers.

Eli left San Diego won 2 superbowls.

Brees left San Diego won a superbowl.

Rivers leaves San Diego/LA wins a superbowl.

Next Chargers QB "excited for my contract to be up so i can leave and win a superbowl"

This would be one of the most Chargery things to happen. 😂 Now I’m rooting for it. 

• Like 2