Trying a two Rounder - Be Nice

praegler

Just don't see any way Ruggs gets past the Eagles. You got the positions right. McKinney is legit, I'd be happy with that. He's among my 10ish realistic targets for 21 overall. Haven't watched a whole lot of Jefferson, but from what I hear, he isn't what the Eagles are searching for. Eagles grade: B-

Pretty good job overall for the Dolphins.  Of course we would go Tua at 5 if he's still there.  Very nice first round, but personally I see Swift going in round 1 and Dobbins going very early round 2.  I think RB Clyde Edwards Helaire climbs into round 2 after the combine and pro days.

Edited by Swampbilly

1 hour ago, Swampbilly said:

Pretty good job overall for the Dolphins.  Of course we would go Tua at 5 if he's still there.  Very nice first round, but personally I see Swift going in round 1 and Dobbins going very early round 2.  I think RB Clyde Edwards Helaire climbs into round 2 after the combine and pro days.

Yeah, The combine, FA, and Pro-days will change everything.  Just having fun with an early shot at this.

22 hours ago, praegler said:

23. New England  -  Josh Jones [ OT ] Houston
    Brady will be the biggest topic leading into FA and possibly during FA.  Brady wants the Patriots to improve the Weapons he has at his disposal, but Brady is not a big fan of 
    Rookie WR's,
so they don't go that way in the Draft.  Look for them to address that in FA.

Thank you Thank you Thank you.

Someone  that gets it. You build winners with a offensive line. WR is a waste without good line play. Last year was a perfect example. Patriots stunk because they had a bad OL. Cleveland had great weapons but stunk, bad offensive line.   Yes, I know that the WR for Pats stunk however that was  not the major reason for the offensive failures. Pats history show that you don't need great WR to win. Solid WR do just fine. You can get WR in FA and with picks in the lower rounds. Matter of fact the only WR successful  in the 20 year run that was a high pick for the Pats  (2nd RD) was Dion Branch.

Pats need to address  3 positions on the OL for the coming season. Thuney gone FA, center should retire and Cannon will be cut for cap reason, and he is a walking injury.

Edited by m haynes

23 hours ago, praegler said:

30. Green Bay  -  Tee Higgins [ WR ] Clemson
    Green Bay needs a compliment to Adams and Higgins is that compliment.  At 6'4", he is a big bodied type receiver.  He has surprising suddenness of the line and quickness of feet 
    to get open.  He needs to learn better use of his hands to defeat press coverage at the Line of Scrimmage and Adams can teach him that.  At the end of the day Rodgers will be 
    very happy with this select.

While value isn't an issue, the Packers haven't taken a WR in the first round since they selected Javon Walker.  And they haven't drafted a non-premium position in the first round since they took AJ Hawk.  That's more than a decade of history.  Given the board, I'd imagine Neville Gallimore would be the pick here.

23 hours ago, praegler said:

62. Green Bay  -  Patrick Queen [ LB ] LSU

Great value and fits a need, but I don't see him being available this late.  He's going in that 20-40 range IMO.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

While value isn't an issue, the Packers haven't taken a WR in the first round since they selected Javon Walker.  And they haven't drafted a non-premium position in the first round since they took AJ Hawk.  That's more than a decade of history.

I understand what you are saying and you are right with all of this.  Except for One thing.  That was the old Staff, this is a new staff and I don't know that we have enough information on what they will be doing.  I was drafting based on Need and what was available.   While Gallimore is a good player, I don't think he goes in the first round.  I could see Raekwon Davis slipping into the first round.

18 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Just don't see any way Ruggs gets past the Eagles. You got the positions right. McKinney is legit, I'd be happy with that. He's among my 10ish realistic targets for 21 overall. Haven't watched a whole lot of Jefferson, but from what I hear, he isn't what the Eagles are searching for. Eagles grade: B-

I also had them taking Ruggs, but I went with Need as they do need DB's.  There will be some good WR's in FA that I think they go after.  And I have watched Jefferson and I think his stock will rise after the combine.  But, thanks for the passing grade :)

• Like 1

On 2/10/2020 at 10:46 AM, praegler said:

49. Pittsburgh  -  Cesar Ruiz [ IOL ] Michigan

Never say never, but for the Steelers, I think you have at least three guys taken later that I don't think the Steelers would pass on:

50. Chicago  -  Antoine Winfield Jr [ S ] Minnesota
57. Houston  -  Cole Kmet [ TE ] Notre Dame
60. Baltimore  -  Jonathan Taylor [ RB ] Wisconsin

I also think these two are better OL prospects, but I'm biased again Michigan.

63. Seattle (From San Francisco) -  Solomon Kindley [OG] Georgia
64. Kansas City  -  John Simpson [OG] Clemson