Sign in to follow this  
praegler

Trying a two Rounder - Be Nice

Let me know your thoughts and try to be kind.  I know not every pick will be to everyone's liking.  

1. Cincinnati  -  Joe Burrow [ QB ] LSU
    This one should be written in Sharpie.  He had a fantastic season.  I know some people say that he was not even in the discussion when the Season started, 
    but he has improved each year of his college career.  And with the Bengals set to let the Red Rider walk away, they need to replace him.

2. Washington  -  Chase Young [ EDGE ] Ohio State
    I know that Edge rusher is not the biggest need for Washington, but Young is a generational player and you can not let him fall past you.  And defensive
    minded coach Ron Rivera knows this.

3. Detroit  -  Jeffrey Okudah [ CB ] Ohio State
    And now the Draft really starts.  Detroit has need at CB, Edge Rusher and OL and could go in any of those directions.  I could also see Detroit entertaining
    offers to move down, so long as it is not that far down, in order to get more picks.  But seeing has I am not doing trades, they stand pat and take the Best
    CB by far in this draft in Okudah.  Okudah is a true shut down Corner and will make an immediate impact in the Detroit secondary.

4. NY Giants  -  Andrew Thomas [ OT ] Georgia
    This is another spot I could see a team trading down.  The Giants need an Edge Rusher and DB's, but keeping Daniels from seeing Ghosts is way to import to them.
    With Eli retiring, there is no safety net for Daniel and keeping him upright is way to tempting so they go with who they feel is the best OT in the Draft.

5. Miami  -  Tua Tagovailoa [ QB ] Alabama
    As a Dolphins fan, I would rather they not do this pick, but if Tua falls this far (since no trades), I can't see them passing on the QB of the future.  They can sit
    him for a year behind Fitzmagic to get fully healthy, while they fix the rest of the team and give him his best chance to win.

6. LA Chargers  -  Justin Herbert [ QB ] Oregon
    I was torn on this pick, but with Rivers heading to Florida with his wife and gaggle of kids, looks like the Chargers will be in the market for a new signal caller.
    Herbert's MVP performance at the Senior bowl has again punched him into the First round and top 10.  The Chargers can't pass on him and hope they can get another 
    prospect in the 2nd.  The rest of the Chargers team is built to win now.  

7. Carolina  -   Derrick Brown [ IDL ] Auburn
    Carolina is salivating and running the to podium to announce their pick themselves.  They can't believe that Brown has fallen to them.  I know they need DB help more,
    but with Okudah off the board and no other CB worthy of this pick, they go with the Best player available.

8. Arizona  -  Jedrick Wills [ OT ] Alabama
    Arizona was another hard one here.  They do need a Def line play maker, and will consider Kinlaw or Epenesa for this pick, but they had one of the Worst OL in the
    league and need to fix that for their Second year QB.  With that, they look at getting one of the most athletic Tackles in this Draft to help protect their QB.

9. Jacksonville  -  Javon Kinlaw [ IDL ] South Carolina
    The Jags need DL play makers and the rise of Kinlaw is a dream to them.  Again Epensea might be considered here, but Kinlaw is too good for them to pass up.

10. Cleveland  - Isaiah Simmons [ LB ] Clemson
    Probably the biggest surprise of this Draft so far is the fall of Simmons.  He is a victim of circumstance, but the Brown are not complaining.  I know the OT is their 
    biggest need, but they can't let Simmons drop past them.  BTW:  RIP Swagger, you will be missed.

11. NY Jets  -  Tristan Wirfs [ OT ] Iowa
    J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets, biggest need is OL.  Wirfs has the Flexibility to play both Tackle and Guard.  Gives them the ability to mix and match to find the right fit
    and improve their front line.  However, if Gase has his way they would go RB...Wait Gase does not know how to use a RB, never-mind. 

12. Las Vegas  -  CeeDee Lamb [ WR ] Oklahoma
    The Raiders have their choice of WR's, which is just what they need after the Brown fiasco from last year.  The Choices come down to Jeudy, Lamb, and Ruggs for the top spot.
    They each have their own merits.  Jeudy is the best route runner, Lamp is the best jump ball receiver, and Ruggs is the fastest.  In the end they decide on Lamb as their go to guy.

13. Indianapolis  -  K'Lavon Chaisson [ EDGE ] LSU
    Indy needs a new QB, but seeing as Love is not worth a first round pick, they go with the second need and fill in the DL with the best player on the board.  Chaisson is an 
    explosive, long, and athletic run stopper.  With them going against Henry and Fornette twice a year, they need to shore up their run stop ability. 

14. Tampa Bay  - Mekhi Becton [ OT ] Louisville
    TB has need at OL, DL, and QB.  They choose to help the QB they have and possibly QB of the future, if they draft one, by upgrading their OL first.  Becton's stock has 
    been rising quickly and they take him.

15. Denver  -  Jerry Jeudy [ WR ] Alabama
    I know Denver needs OL, DL, and DB help first, but with Jeudy sitting their staring them in the face, they can't pass.  They need a replacement for Sanders and get way
    more than a replacement, they get a complete upgrade.

16. Atlanta  -  A.J. Epenesa [ EDGE ] Iowa
    Atlanta's biggest need going into the draft is Edge Rusher and with Epenesa dropping to them, they can't pass on him.  Epenesa dominated the Big 10 and will bring that 
    to the NFL to help put Atlanta back into the hunt.

17. Dallas  -  Kristian Fulton [ CB ] LSU
    The Cowboys need help with DB, and might need help at WR, if Cooper walks in FA.  They decide to get the DB help first and wait on the WR for a later round.

18. Miami (From Pittsburgh) -  Yetur Gross-Matos [ EDGE ] Penn State
    After getting the QB of the future with their first pick the Dolphins can go in any direction with the second of 3 first round picks.  They have so many holes to fill.  
    OT is a possibility here and many believe Swift (RB) is as well.  I don't see them taking a RB before the second round though and the only other OT they might consider are
    Jones and Jackson, but this would be a reach for both of them.  So they take the chance they can get one of them in the Second round and go with the Best Edge Rusher left
    on the Board.  I think Gross-Matos would have gone higher if not for the Bullying incident.  Flores will know how to kept him on good behavior.

19. Las Vegas (From Chicago) -  C.J. Henderson [ CB ] Florida
    Addressing their WR needs, the Raiders now turn to the Defensive side of the ball and take the best CB.  Henderson might be a slight reach at 19, but with no second round
    pick, they can't wait.

20. Jacksonville (From LA Rams) -  Trevon Diggs [ CB ] Alabama
    Addressing the DL with their first pick they continue the run on CB's and take the talented Diggs with this pick.  Diggs have the size and speed to be a solid Corner in the 
    NFL.  He does have some issues with tackling, but that can be taught, size and speed can not be.

21. Philadelphia  -  Xavier McKinney [ S ] Alabama
    The E-A-G-L-E-S were at the bottom of the league in Pass yards allowed.  McKinney will help to fill that hole in the secondary.  He is a versatile player and athletic freak.
    He can play Man or Zone coverage.  He can even be lined up in the box to stop the run.  The Eagles will find ways to use him.

22. Buffalo  -  Henry Ruggs III [ WR ] Alabama
    The Bills need a dynamic young receiver to pair with their young QB.  Ruggs is one of the fastest receiver in this Draft and will be the Deep threat the team needs.  He explodes
    off the line and will be a match-up problem for every defense.  The Bills will be a scary team next year.

23. New England  -  Josh Jones [ OT ] Houston
    Brady will be the biggest topic leading into FA and possibly during FA.  Brady wants the Patriots to improve the Weapons he has at his disposal, but Brady is not a big fan of 
    Rookie WR's, so they don't go that way in the Draft.  Look for them to address that in FA.  Instead, they look to improve the pass protection for their QB, and yes I do think
    he will eventually resign with New England much to my displeasure.  They could also look for a TE, but with none justifying a 1st round grade to them, they take the best OT 
    on the board in Jones and protect their statue QB (yes he is getting old and is not as mobile as he once was).

24. New Orleans  -  Grant Delpit [ S ] LSU
    The Saint need a WR, but since there are no other WR's worthy of this pick, they go to their next position of need and look at the defensive secondary.  Delpit has been falling
    lately and some have him falling out of the first round, but I don't see it.  I still think it is 1a and 1b with McKinney and Delpit.  Since McKinney is gone, they swoop in
    and pick up Delpit.

25. Minnesota  -  Jeff Gladney [ CB ] TCU
    Another team with DB needs, they go with the best CB left on the board.  Some boards have Gladney ranked as the third best CB in the draft over Henderson, while others have
    Henderson and then Gladney.  I am of the later opinion and think Henderson goes first, but the Vikings could do worse.  Gladney will be an instant upgrade in the secondary.

26. Miami (From Houston) -  Tyler Biadasz [ IOL ] Wisconsin
    Here we are again, a rare 3rd first round pick for a team.  The Dolphins consider Jackson the left tackle here, but realize that they need a RT since Tua is a southpaw.  
    They also need help at Guard and Center.  Ultimately they don't feel Jackson is worth a first round select and go with the versatile Biadasz.  Biadasz can play both Guard
    and Center in the NFL, and give the Dolphins the flexibility they need to find the right fit.  Don't discount the EXTREME possibility of the Dolphins trading out of this pick
    As Flores is an understudy of Belichick.

27. Seattle  -  Austin Jackson [ OT ] USC
    With Seattle not having their next pick until late in the second round, they reach a little for the young OT.  Jackson is raw and needs to improve his technique, but if
    anyone can do that is the Seahawks coaching staff.  He is only 20 years old and has plenty of time to learn and play.  He may start at guard his first year while learning, 
    but Seattle will have their LT of the future.

28. Baltimore  -  Kenneth Murray [ LB ] Oklahoma
    Baltimore actually has quite a few holes to fill this off season.  They could use and upgrade at Edge, OL, and even RB (Ingram is over 30).  But, with a need at LB as well and
    Murray still sitting there, they can't pass on him and reach for one of the other positions.

29. Tennessee  -  Terrell Lewis [ EDGE ] Alabama
    Like so many teams this year, Edge Rusher is a top priority for the Titans.  With the re-emergence of Tannehill, and the post season dominance of Henrey they can wait on their 
    QB and RB.  Instead they help improve an already good defense.

30. Green Bay  -  Tee Higgins [ WR ] Clemson
    Green Bay needs a compliment to Adams and Higgins is that compliment.  At 6'4", he is a big bodied type receiver.  He has surprising suddenness of the line and quickness of feet 
    to get open.  He needs to learn better use of his hands to defeat press coverage at the Line of Scrimmage and Adams can teach him that.  At the end of the day Rodgers will be 
    very happy with this select.

31. San Francisco  -  Jalen Reagor [ WR ] TCU
    San Fran needs a Deep threat.  Sander is good, but might not be there next season. Reagor is the deep threat this team needs.  Opposing Defenses need to respect his speed or pay
    the consequences.  He is also very shifty and can play in the slot. He does have to work on his concentration as he does have drops, but he is a polished route running and deep
    threat.

32. Kansas City  -  Zack Baun [ EDGE ] Wisconsin
    Baun is a defensive Coordinators dream linemen.  He is versatile enough to play on the Edge and use his quick burst and hands to win in the pressure game.  While playing off the 
    ball and using his fast processing to step in and fill gaps in run stuffing.  He is a Linemen that can and should be moved around to create match-up problems for the offense.

33. Cincinnati  -  Prince Tega Wanogho [ OT ] Auburn
34. Indianapolis (From Washington) -   Jordan Love [ QB ] Utah State
35. Detroit  -  Julian Okwara [ EDGE ] Notre Dame
36. NY Giants  -  A.J. Terrell [ CB ] Clemson
37. LA Chargers  -  Lloyd Cushenberry III [ IOL ] LSU
38. Carolina  -  Raekwon Davis [ IDL ] Alabama
39. Miami  - D'Andre Swift [ RB ] Georgia
40. Arizona  -  Curtis Weaver [ EDGE ] Boise State
41. Cleveland  -  Jonah Jackson [ IOL ] Ohio State
42. Jacksonville  -  Bryce Hall [ CB ] Virginia
43. Chicago (From Las Vegas) -  Jaylon Johnson [ CB ] Utah
44. Indianapolis  -  Laviska Shenault Jr. [ WR ] Colorado
45. Tampa Bay  -  Neville Gallimore [ IDL ] Oklahoma
46. Denver  -  Ross Blacklock [ IDL ] TCU
47. Atlanta  -  Matt Hennessy [ IOL ] Temple
48. NY Jets  -  Joshua Uche [ EDGE ] Michigan
49. Pittsburgh  -  Cesar Ruiz [ IOL ] Michigan
50. Chicago  -  Antoine Winfield Jr [ S ] Minnesota
51. Dallas  -  Hunter Bryant [ TE ] Washington
52. LA Rams  -  Marlon Davidson [ EDGE ] Auburn
53. Philadelphia  -  Justin Jefferson [ WR ] LSU
54. Buffalo  -  Lucas Niang [ OT ] TCU
55. Atlanta (From New England) -  J.K. Dobbins [ RB ] Ohio State
56. Miami (From New Orleans) -  Isaiah Wilson [OT] Georgia
57. Houston  -  Cole Kmet [ TE ] Notre Dame
58. Minnesota  -  James Lynch [ IDL ] Baylor
59. Seattle  -  Justin Madubuike [ IDL ] Texas A&M
60. Baltimore  -  Jonathan Taylor [ RB ] Wisconsin
61. Tennessee  -  Jacob Eason [ QB ] Washington
62. Green Bay  -  Patrick Queen [ LB ] LSU

63. Kansas City  -  John Simpson [OG] Clemson

64. Seattle (From San Francisco) -  Solomon Kindley [OG] Georgia

Edited by praegler

33 minutes ago, praegler said:

31. San Francisco  -  Jalen Reagor [ WR ] TCU
    San Fran needs a Deep threat.  Sander is good, but might not be there next season. Reagor is the deep threat this team needs.  Opposing Defenses need to respect his speed or pay
    the consequences.  He is also very shifty and can play in the slot. He does have to work on his concentration as he does have drops, but he is a polished route running and deep
    threat.

Not so sure they do - afterall they had Marquis Goodwin at their disposal for most of the season, and he was a non-factor in Shanahans pass offense.

Sanders might be back, and they have Jalen Hurd and Trent Taylor coming back from injuries, so I'd be surprised if they pick a WR early.

DB or OL is in my opinion more likely - in your scenario I would go with CB A.J. Terrell.

if im the jags i go with simmons ruggs and Gallimore.    Cb is decent at the starters and nickle.  Need more of a vet there. 

Simmons gives us a lb to pair with jack.  Ruggs gives us a legit wr to pair with chark. Gallimore shores up idl

Be Nice

Can't promise anything.

16. Atlanta  -  A.J. Epenesa [ EDGE ] Iowa
    Atlanta's biggest need going into the draft is Edge Rusher and with Epenesa dropping to them, they can't pass on him.  Epenesa dominated the Big 10 and will bring that 
    to the NFL to help put Atlanta back into the hunt.

Great pick. Even better reasoning for it. Would start at SDE for the Falcons in the base and play LE, RE and some DT in nickel.

47. Atlanta  -  Matt Hennessy [ IOL ] Temple

I love this pick for Atlanta. Interior OL is a huge need for the Falcons for a starting LG and Hennessy can do that and then slide to C after a year.

55. Atlanta (From New England) -  Isaiah Wilson [OT] Georgia

This is where you lose me. RT wasn't an issue last year and Jake Matthews played like a top 5 LT in the league. A bigger issue would be defensive tackle or even running back. Personally, I like Leki Fotu here, but go with who you think is the best from those spots.

I don't love the RB pick in the 2nd for the Steelers. I'd rather that be an IOL, like Ruiz, or a TE, like Kmet. 

17 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I don't love the RB pick in the 2nd for the Steelers. I'd rather that be an IOL, like Ruiz, or a TE, like Kmet. 

The only reason I went with RB for PIT is because Connor can not stay healthy.  They need that RB that can take the pressure off the QB.  But I do see your point in Ruiz.

58 minutes ago, Danish49ers said:

Not so sure they do - afterall they had Marquis Goodwin at their disposal for most of the season, and he was a non-factor in Shanahans pass offense.

Sanders might be back, and they have Jalen Hurd and Trent Taylor coming back from injuries, so I'd be surprised if they pick a WR early.

DB or OL is in my opinion more likely - in your scenario I would go with CB A.J. Terrell.

I don't know that Sander will be back, but he could.  I thought about AJ. Terrell, I even had him in there for a while, but I thought that might be a little high to take him.

27 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Can't promise anything.

Great pick. Even better reasoning for it. Would start at SDE for the Falcons in the base and play LE, RE and some DT in nickel.

I love this pick for Atlanta. Interior OL is a huge need for the Falcons for a starting LG and Hennessy can do that and then slide to C after a year.

This is where you lose me. RT wasn't an issue last year and Jake Matthews played like a top 5 LT in the league. A bigger issue would be defensive tackle or even running back. Personally, I like Leki Fotu here, but go with who you think is the best from those spots.

I can see what you mean about an RB.  Making the Suggested change of Ruiz to PIT, allows for Dobbins to fall to Atlanta, and then moves Wilson to Mia.  Better?

17 minutes ago, praegler said:

I can see what you mean about an RB.  Making the Suggested change of Ruiz to PIT, allows for Dobbins to fall to Atlanta, and then moves Wilson to Mia.  Better?

Nope you made the right move to Dobbins.  He is the #1 RB in this draft to me and should be a late 1st rounder. If we can get him this far into the 2nd round thats a perfect pick for us and the 1st 2 rounds for the Falcons are fantastic.  AJ and Hennesey are exactly what we need at DE and LG which are both legit needs.  Now we need to find  DT in round 3 and we are good to go. Throw us a Leki Fotu like Scar said because me and him both are super high on him to the Falcons and round 3 is very good value for him.   After those 1st 3 rounds  we can look at OLB, CB, and Safety for depth in the next few rounds and we are good to go with our 4 main needs fixed up in rounds 1 2 and 3 with very good players.   

As for the original pick of a RT in round 2 i think people forget we took Lindstrom for RG and traded back into the 1st round for our RT of the future in Kaleb MCgary who performed much better than even i thought he would once he got settled in.  He had 2 extremely bad games against 2 elite DE's that made his season look at bit worse than he really played most of the year where he was above avg i would say 10 to 12 games  of the season.   So good trade off there for Dobbins to replace Freeman and give us a legit #1 RB to take pressure of Ryan.

45 minutes ago, praegler said:

The only reason I went with RB for PIT is because Connor can not stay healthy.  They need that RB that can take the pressure off the QB.  But I do see your point in Ruiz.

I think we would improve our running game with the addition of better run blocking interior O-linemen. I also don't really see a RB that moves the needle all that much from Snell and Samuels. 

2 hours ago, praegler said:

21. Philadelphia  -  Xavier McKinney [ S ] Alabama
    The E-A-G-L-E-S were at the bottom of the league in Pass yards allowed.  McKinney will help to fill that hole in the secondary.  He is a versatile player and athletic freak.
    He can play Man or Zone coverage.  He can even be lined up in the box to stop the run.  The Eagles will find ways to use him.

Both Ruggs and Delpit are much more preferred to McKinney. Delpit has a much higher ceiling, and I feel like McKinney is getting the artificial Bama draft stock inflation.

Assuming we don't take a WR in round 1, Hamler is a much better fit for what the Eagles need than Justin Jefferson.

45 minutes ago, praegler said:

That's perfect. Best fit for the Falcons in the draft.

19 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Nope you made the right move to Dobbins.  He is the #1 RB in this draft to me and should be a late 1st rounder. If we can get him this far into the 2nd round thats a perfect pick for us and the 1st 2 rounds for the Falcons are fantastic.  AJ and Hennesey are exactly what we need at DE and LG which are both legit needs.  Now we need to find  DT in round 3 and we are good to go. Throw us a Leki Fotu like Scar said because me and him both are super high on him to the Falcons and round 3 is very good value for him.   After those 1st 3 rounds  we can look at OLB, CB, and Safety for depth in the next few rounds and we are good to go with our 4 main needs fixed up in rounds 1 2 and 3 with very good players.   

As for the original pick of a RT in round 2 i think people forget we took Lindstrom for RG and traded back into the 1st round for our RT of the future in Kaleb MCgary who performed much better than even i thought he would once he got settled in.  He had 2 extremely bad games against 2 elite DE's that made his season look at bit worse than he really played most of the year where he was above avg i would say 10 to 12 games  of the season.   So good trade off there for Dobbins to replace Freeman and give us a legit #1 RB to take pressure of Ryan.

Agreed

For the Packers, at pick 30 I'd have gone for WR Laviska Shenault over Lamb..............and DL Blacklock over both of them.

Although it leaves a hole at WR, ILB Queen is a solid 2nd pick. I'd probably have taken DL Blacklock first, then WR Aiyuk and gone for ILB in rounds 3/4.

As always, I appreciate any effort at a 32 team draft, it isn't easy to do and mostly invites criticism from others. Thick skin is almost a requirement for posting a 32 team mock....................

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

I love the first round pick for Denver. I love Blacklock as a player but not sure about fit in the 3-4. 

Good with Ruggs, or any WR there really.

Not a huge Niang fan and think the Bills should go veteran for the RT position. Would prefer Dobbins there.