Trying a two Rounder - Be Nice

praegler

32. Kansas City  -  Zack Baun [ EDGE ] Wisconsin
63. Kansas City  -  John Simpson [OG] Clemson

Baun is a poor fit. The Chiefs need size at LB. They have a small blitzing LB and a two small coverage LB. None play a lot. Give them a CB, a penetrating DT or OL.
I like the idea of Simpson more than the player. They need mobile and athletic more than road grader. Think a younger Jason Kelce. Speaking of Kelces, Travis is 31 next season. Adam Trautman, TE makes good sense. IOL works, but so does OT and IDL.

The Chiefs own the SF pick in round 2, while Seattle owns the Chiefs pick. You have #63 and #64 reversed. 

J

11 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

32. Kansas City  -  Zack Baun [ EDGE ] Wisconsin
63. Kansas City  -  John Simpson [OG] Clemson

Baun is a poor fit. The Chiefs need size at LB. They have a small blitzing LB and a two small coverage LB. None play a lot. Give them a CB, a penetrating DT or OL.
I like the idea of Simpson more than the player. They need mobile and athletic more than road grader. Think a younger Jason Kelce. Speaking of Kelces, Travis is 31 next season. Adam Trautman, TE makes good sense. IOL works, but so does OT and IDL.

The Chiefs own the SF pick in round 2, while Seattle owns the Chiefs pick. You have #63 and #64 reversed. 

J

I disagree that Baun is a poor fit, but I am open for suggestions.  As far as LB, I live in Philly and have seen Reid for a long time and the one position he feels is the least important to draft high is LB.  For as long as I can remember his teams have always needed an upgrade at LB.  And thanks for the info on picks #63 and #64. 

7 minutes ago, praegler said:

I disagree that Baun is a poor fit, but I am open for suggestions.  As far as LB, I live in Philly and have seen Reid for a long time and the one position he feels is the least important to draft high is LB.  For as long as I can remember his teams have always needed an upgrade at LB.  And thanks for the info on picks #63 and #64. 

Bashaud Breeland had a big Super Bowl, but he's also a FA. A CB is definitely a possibility with #32. The OT are 29 and 30, so an eventual starting OT would work. The other thing is that Chris Jones, the defensive MVP, is FA and this is an incredible DT draft. Even if Jones re-signs, it's not a bad direction to look. They have Nnadi to anchor, so go for a penetrating DT. 

For the second pick, very wide open. I could see a RB here, or IOL, OT, LB, S, WR. Kelce is 30, so TE works for the second pick. The key is that there are no gaping holes to fill. The Chiefs are looking for untapped talent that they can coach up. Value is the key.

J

On 2/10/2020 at 1:46 PM, praegler said:

11. NY Jets  -  Tristan Wirfs [ OT ] Iowa
    J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets, biggest need is OL.  Wirfs has the Flexibility to play both Tackle and Guard.  Gives them the ability to mix and match to find the right fit
    and improve their front line.  However, if Gase has his way they would go RB...Wait Gase does not know how to use a RB, never-mind. 

Love the pick, agree with the idea of flexibility, agree that Gase doesn't know how to use a Lev.

On 2/14/2020 at 1:10 PM, Kyu said:

Love the pick, agree with the idea of flexibility, agree that Gase doesn't know how to use a Lev.

I am a Dolphins Fan so I know he does not know how to use a RB.  I thought With Bell on the roster he would have changed, but Noooooooo.

On 2/10/2020 at 12:46 PM, praegler said:

57. Houston  -  Cole Kmet [ TE ] Notre Dame

Texans drafted three TEs over the past two drafts, so I don't think a 4th in three years is on the table, especially given the limited resources available.

Edge, CB, RB are the three priorities going into the draft. 

• 2 weeks later...

Did any of you Dolphins fans see Cynthia Frelund's analytic mock draft that she posted on NFL Web site yesterday.  That would be the DREAM draft for Miami.  Let me preference this by saying I do not thing there is anyway in Heck this happens, but...  She had us getting Burrow at 5, Becton at 18, and Gross-Matos at 26.  All I can say is PLEASE LET THAT HAPPEN :D