Vikings Add Dom Capers to 2020 Coaching Staff

perrynoid

Here's the comment from Chad Graff (The Athletic):

Mike Zimmer said today that Dom Capers will essentially be a consultant. Here's what Zimmer said: "His role will be more of kind of an overseer, an idea person. Maybe the corners should play this way or maybe we should play defensive line a little differently. Just things like that, really. It’s more of another guy, like a consultant that can come in and – we’ve been running this defense for a long, long, long time and I just thought it’d be good to get some new, fresh ideas."

Which sort of means that we may see some 3-4ish looks from the defense which we haven't seen before.  Just some wrinkles...which may be a good thing.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Here's the comment from Chad Graff (The Athletic):

Which sort of means that we may see some 3-4ish looks from the defense which we haven't seen before.  Just some wrinkles...which may be a good thing.  

If it means more pass rushing from Anthony Barr, all the better. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Beavis said:

Interesting note in the Gen forum that the Packers lead the league in INTs 3 years running early on in his tenure and since he isnt calling plays he can focus on the DBs making more plays perhaps?

I actually like it in this context, would hate it if he were calling plays.

What The Vikings will need IF Rhodes AND Waynes, or Rhodes AND Alexander are gone is a mentor to help Hughes, Hill, Alexander, and the drafted cornerback, and whichever of the young cornerbacks are playing, to learn to play their positions as solidly as possible.  I'm guessing THAT's the main reason he was hired.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Beavis said:

Interesting note in the Gen forum that the Packers lead the league in INTs 3 years running early on in his tenure and since he isnt calling plays he can focus on the DBs making more plays perhaps?

I actually like it in this context, would hate it if he were calling plays.

Having Nick Collins and Charles Woodson, and Peak Tramon Williams will do that for ya.

• Like 1