• Ted Thompson (born January 17, 1953)
    • A-A-Ron
    • the Patriots
    • there is no fifth option

Who should be fired?

Who is at fault?

go.

Courtesy of Packerraymond, can't get quotey to work on phone:

It's hard to even figure out where to put the blame watching the film. They might have been successful on 100% of PA plays. Literally everyone one, they get either Burnett, Jones, Brice or HHCD to bite and evacuate their side of the field. The amount of play action, max protect, two man route concepts that they're successful on is enough to make you want to puke. Plays where we should have 5 guys to cover 2, and we have 1-1 matchups with both receivers because we have 3 guys that bit on the PA fake and are now covering nothing but air, and Ryan has all day to throw because it's a max protect and he has an extra 2 blockers.

HHCD, Brice, Jones, Randall, Rollins all with terrible games, Burnett and House were average/OK, King was clearly the best DB on the field and it wasn't close. They try the same 2 man concept in the 3rd Q that gave Julio the 34 yard gain on the 1st drive of the game. Jones bites just as hard on the PA fake as Brice did, but unlike Randall, King has the makeup speed to catch back up to the WR and make the play. Granted it was Hardy and not Julio (probably would've been another 35 yarder if it was Julio) but still good to watch. King needs to play every snap next week like House did week 1.

Dial looks like a nice pickup, he's essentially a bigger, less dumb Guion. 

Ryan and Martinez had a horrendous first half, and a much better 2nd half (a big reason we only give up 3 pts)

Josh Hawkins actually gets a snap after Julio burns Randall on the last drive of the game, they pull 23 for Hawkins, maybe he'll see some time Sunday.

Matthews had a much better week 2, Perry had a much worse week 2. Be nice to get these two both playing well. I think Perry needs that grass surface to push guys around on.

Offensively, not really even worth watching. It was like watching a NASCAR drive around a track with a flat tire. I will say this, Adams needs more balls his way. Watching Julio run slants, then watching Adams run the same route 2 minutes later, jersey swap them and you couldn't tell the difference. Obviously when you get into long speed/deep routes Jones athletic ability outshines Adams by far, but first 3 steps of a route? Adams is elite

Honestly, as bad as this game was I'm proud the guys never laid down and quit. This type of game can either make or break a team. Will be interesting to see how they respond. Similar to the Pats getting curb stomped week one and then coming back strong today. 

In the grand scheme of things, it's one game. Move on and take what you can from it to be better in the future. 

My only two hopes: 

1.) Guys get healthy. 

2.) We dong have to play there come playoff time. 

1 minute ago, SassyFascistAlphaGuy said:

My verdict on this game: it's week 2.

Not really worried going forward tbh 

Exactly! Look at the start we had last year and we still almost made it back to the owl. The whole body of work will define this team, not a singular game. 

5 minutes ago, dcerb44 said:

Honestly, as bad as this game was I'm proud the guys never laid down and quit. This type of game can either make or break a team. Will be interesting to see how they respond. Similar to the Pats getting curb stomped week one and then coming back strong today. 

In the grand scheme of things, it's one game. Move on and take what you can from it to be better in the future. 

My only two hopes: 

1.) Guys get healthy. 

2.) We dong have to play there come playoff time. 

Dong. *Giggles*

Put King on AJ Green next week. He was the lone positive of the night.

Let's hope we get some guys back next week. At least the OTs so that we can improvise of offense again. I'd like to enjoy a Packers season with Aaron where we play games with most of our starters but I'm starting to feel like that legit isn't going to happen.

Brandon Bostick probably should've blocked.

Archived