Pre-Combine Mock 2020

Madmike90

14 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Once you are in the playoffs you never know what can happen.

Average took the Titans to the AFC Championship. Slightly above average took the 49ers to a 10 point lead in the Super Bowl. Average took the Vikings to a playoff road win in the Super Dome.

The results of one game to not cast a determination on the ceiling of average QB play.

Agreed.  When you consider that Jimmy G is about as average of an NFL QB as they come (which I agree is still better than Mitch at this point) and that the 49ers should have won that Super Bowl had it not been for some awfully weird play calling decisions by Kyle Shanahan, the point is that we do not need an ELITE QB to make and win a SB.  Will it be harder to do so without one, yes, but to say it cannot be done is false.  There are countless examples over history of that being proven otherwise.

3 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Agreed.  When you consider that Jimmy G is about as average of an NFL QB as they come (which I agree is still better than Mitch at this point) and that the 49ers should have won that Super Bowl had it not been for some awfully weird play calling decisions by Kyle Shanahan, the point is that we do not need an ELITE QB to make and win a SB.  Will it be harder to do so without one, yes, but to say it cannot be done is false.  There are countless examples over history of that being proven otherwise.

What you cannot win with is a QB that is playing abysmal football.

Mitch showed way too low a floor not to have a serious option available to replace him.

5 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

The titans had a great defense and an insanely great run game. They fully committed to kicking *** and running hard. They established an identity... Something Nagy hasn't done so far.

We have a better defense and hopefully can build a run game.

What we cannot do is win anything with a QB that is ranked 30th in the league in most statistical categories.

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

We have a better defense and hopefully can build a run game.

What we cannot do is win anything with a QB that is ranked 30th in the league in most statistical categories.

That's fair, but I think 2019 is the outlier, like others have said. Mitch is probably closer to 2018 than anything else. I think he can take a step further this year and be Dalton level average.

As long as Mitch isn't losing us games, I don't think they'll move him. So far, he hasn't lost us games, but he hasn't won us many either.

10 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

The titans had a great defense and an insanely great run game.

Our defense is just as good if not better than Titans D.  I agree though we don't have no Derrick Henry on the roster, but I think Monty can be an effective runner given the opportunity and proper blocking.

Just now, topwop1 said:

Our defense is just as good if not better than Titans D.  I agree though we don't have no Derrick Henry on the roster, but I think Monty can be an effective runner given the opportunity and proper blocking.

Not saying Titans defense was better, just a reason why they went far in the playoffs.

Monty can be a dope rb, just needs help to get to the 2nd level.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Romen said:

That's fair, but I think 2019 is the outlier, like others have said. Mitch is probably closer to 2018 than anything else. I think he can take a step further this year and be Dalton level average.

As long as Mitch isn't losing us games, I don't think they'll move him. So far, he hasn't lost us games, but he hasn't won us many either.

I'm a Mitch supporter, but there are games he lost us last year.  The on ethat comes to mind is against the Chargers.  He single handedly gave up a 9 pt. lead late in the 3rd quarter with 2 dumb turnovers and we lost on a missed FG by Pineiro, who I do not blame for that loss whatsoever, but people always love to blame the kickers.

7 hours ago, The_Romen said:

Go all in on Trubs, replace Trubs, or hope he gets hurt/plays poorly so they replace him mid-season... What other option is there?

Draft a potential replacement. Hope for the best. That's the best option. But it isn't happening. 

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Dalton isn’t winning us a championship in 2020. 

That's a little final there, dude. Questions...

--You SURE about that? What if the defense and the running game are better?

--Is Mitch winning a championship in 2020?

--With the available options, CAN they win a championship? If not, how do you think Pace should go about doing business? Or should he simply resign himself to failure? 

3 hours ago, The_Romen said:

Are you willing to bet the entire 2020 season on it?

If they are serious about drafting a replacement this season then I would be fine with not signing a legit veteran.

But there has to be a serious option for 2020 and someone who can start in 2021.

Dalton 

Mariota

Fromm

Hurts

I don’t care which one, but it has to be someone they can turn to for 10 games in 2020.

8 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Would you be willing to bet your job on it?

Trubiksy was really bad last year. That is way too low a floor to simply count on him alone next season.

Again, sure. If it takes a long time to figure out this system, the only options the Bears should consider is Trubisky or Alex Smith.

Trubisky was bad, yes, but he had very little help on offense. The main point of the offense is the TE and he had none. Robinson was literally the only good thing last year. So unless we shore up the OL and TE positions, we're screwed no matter who is back there.

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

If you told me that I could have Austin Hooper or Andy Dalton, I would choose Hooper.

I don’t think Dalton will have enough of a market for it to be an either or.

Don’t worry about that lack of widespread league interest though because he’s going to white knight our season come week 7! 🤷‍♂️