Solomon Thomas; why is he so bad?

Kiwibrown

He was definitely helped by Aaron Donald’s success. I think that Donald opened peoples eyes regarding the potential of DT/DE tweeners, much like Brees and Wilson changed the fates of short QBs.

The problem? Thomas was no Aaron Donald...and I’m not certain there has ever been someone like him at his size. 

• Like 1

He can still play.  He's just...not what he was billed as.  So many people wanted him to be a real edge guy, and that never really made any sense.  That's not what he was in college and he didn't have the traits for it either.  He's got useful elements to his game though.

He's basically Tyson Alualu redux.  Not a bad player, but not the gamebreaker you hope for that high.  Similar sort of role they can succeed in.  I'd like to see Thomas in a real 3-4 somewhere now that he's acclimated to the league.

Edited by Tugboat

On 2/13/2020 at 6:33 AM, sammymvpknight said:

He was definitely helped by Aaron Donald’s success. I think that Donald opened peoples eyes regarding the potential of DT/DE tweeners, much like Brees and Wilson changed the fates of short QBs.

The problem? Thomas was no Aaron Donald...and I’m not certain there has ever been someone like him at his size. 

John Randle was his exact weight, height, and shape. Played the same way as well. Also played both DE and DT.