Lawrence Timmons...

TheKillerNacho

Let the leaks begin.

Apparently the Dolphins were so much in the dark they filed a missing persons report with the local police departments. Cops later found him at the airport. Per Schefter, he has some kind of doctor's appointment today..?

Honestly, unless there was some kind of immense emotional trauma, cut him.

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

Let the leaks begin.

Apparently the Dolphins were so much in the dark they filed a missing persons report with the local police departments. Cops later found him at the airport. Per Schefter, he has some kind of doctor's appointment today..?

Definitely weird.  It seems like he just abruptly decided to drop everything and get to the airport.  That kind of decision seems very bipolar to my non-psychiatrist mind.  

8 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Let the leaks begin.

On pittsburgh Sports radio today, they phrased it that the Dolphins organization are the ones who strongly suggested Timmons needed to see a doctor.  They were speculating (pretty unprofessionally) that there were CTE related concerns but the only explanation I heard them give for it was that Timmons showed up before the game and the Dolphins decided he wasn't in the right condition to play a football game.

7 hours ago, grubs10 said:

On pittsburgh Sports radio today, they phrased it that the Dolphins organization are the ones who strongly suggested Timmons needed to see a doctor.  They were speculating (pretty unprofessionally) that there were CTE related concerns but the only explanation I heard them give for it was that Timmons showed up before the game and the Dolphins decided he wasn't in the right condition to play a football game.

He didn't "show up", he went AWOL and the police found him trying to board a plane to Pennsylvania, so the team went and talked to him. Of course they would recommend that he go see a doctor after that.

"Unprofessional" or not, you don't screw with something like that, better safe than sorry. The Dolphins dont want to play him if it means turning his brain into mush.

7 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

He didn't "show up", he went AWOL and the police found him trying to board a plane to Pennsylvania, so the team went and talked to him. Of course they would recommend that he go see a doctor after that.

"Unprofessional" or not, you don't screw with something like that, better safe than sorry. The Dolphins dont want to play him if it means turning his brain into mush.

I think i was too ambiguous with my post.  I'm not blaming the dolphins at all in this situation.  I was saying the Pittsburgh radio station making an inflammatory speculative statement about him suffering from cte without much information at all was unprofessional.  Me bringing up that the Dolphins strongly suggested the doctors appointment was mostly in response to the other persons comment saying "apparently he has a doctors appointment today".

The only reason I came over here was because I was interested to see what information you guys had on the incident.  I always liked Timmons and this whole thing seems so out of character compared to his time in Pittsburgh where I can't remember a peep about him off the field.  I hope it ends up not being a mental health issue.  Some Steeler fans were mentioning how during the Hurricane him and Mike Pouncey came and stayed up in Pittsburgh and spent time with the team.  This whole thing just seems so weird.

1 hour ago, grubs10 said:

was saying the Pittsburgh radio station making an inflammatory speculative statement about him suffering from cte without much information at all was unprofessional. 

Meh, it's a couple of radio jockeys. People were making that leap on twitter as well. Mean average onset for CTE is 42 years of age, FWIW, very rare for symptoms to manifest at Timmons' age.

1 hour ago, grubs10 said:

The only reason I came over here was because I was interested to see what information you guys had on the incident.

Virtually none. We know he was at practice all week and in a good mood. We know sometime Saturday he wasn't at the team hotel where he was supposed to be and the Dolphins couldn't get a hold of him at all, and subsequently filed a missing persons report. Police later found him at the airport about to get on a plane to Pennsylvania. Speculation is that it's a family matter. Everything is staying super under wraps at this point.

On 9/18/2017 at 3:53 AM, Finsonofbal said:

If he doesn't have a good explanation then we need make an example of him and cut him.

Apparently this is basically impossible due to the current cap situation. Having to sign Cutler took a big chunk out of this year's cap and Timmons' contract is almost fully guaranteed for both years. If the Dolphins wanted to cut Timmons they would have to clear about $3m in cap room just to be able to do it.

A suspension without pay is more likely, if they're going the "medical issue" route maybe they just put him on IR. There is also a "left team" list, but I don't know what the salary cap implications of that would be.

Archived