Rivera and Williams Have Connected

HTTRDynasty

3 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Trust me I get it. But everyone is apoplectic at not having a Top 5 LT protecting Dwayne.

There are 32 teams in the league. I'm pretty sure quite a lot of the other 27 teams (not all though - some just didn't) have figured out a way to manage without a Top 5 LT. 

Keep Penn, draft an OT (or a couple). And then chip the end with a back coming out of the backfield or double him with a TE on some downs. It can be done.

He's missed a season, already has had concerns about work ethic, on the wrong side of 30 and has a laundry list of injuries in his career.  I dont think we can even pencil him in as a top 10 guy entering next season.  Would I be comfortable grading his work after 4-6 weeks of regular season games?  Sure, but Williams holdout did him absolutely no favors, especially given his age.  Teams are going to be very hesitant to give up a worthwhile package for him.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

It's still over my head. I'll move along.

I knew there'd be some way he’d try to explain it that would probably only make sense to him.

He’s going by the last time Trent was actually on a football field, which I knew is what he was going to say.

Totally ignoring the fact that in 2018 Trent played in 13 of 13 games before being shut down for the final 3 bc we were out of the playoffs and he had been playing most of the season - yes at a high level - with an injury.

15 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

It's still over my head. I'll move along.

I'll try one more time because maybe Im not communicating properly (I'm under the weather today).

He's missed one season.

Which means the lsst time he played was... two seasons ago (since one season ago would be last season).

If he had missed two seasons, then the last tine would've played was three seasons ago.

• Like 1

Just now, turtle28 said:

I knew there'd be some way he’d try to explain it that would probably only make sense to him.

He’s going by the last time Trent was actually on a football field, which I knew is what he was going to say.

Totally ignoring the fact that in 2018 Trent played in 13 of 13 games before being shut down for the final 3 bc we were out of the playoffs and he had been playing most of the season - yes at a high level - with an injury.

Not helping your case here.

So in 2018, he was limited, again,by injury and didnt finish the season (which was 2 seasons ago).

See @naptownskinsfanbreakdown.

If we're bringing him back we have zero idea of the Trent we're getting now

If he's still  top LT? Great

But I'm not blindly throwing $ until I'm sure

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Fictional timeline? He last played in 2018.

As for his skills, we just disagree.

Point is, you're relying on when you last saw him play. Which was 2018.

If Im the FO, Im not throwing an extension to him until he shows he still has it.

Yeah, December 9, 2018 to be exact. When the preseason starts & if he plays the 2nd & 3rd games, it will be mid August, 2020. When I check my calendar, that wasn't two years ago he missed one year. 

The only reason you're saying ”he hasn't played in two seasons” is because it's a bigger number saying it that way so it makes it look like he hasn't played in a longer time period.

The truth is, Trent only missed one season of football, you can phrase it however you want to, but that's the truth.

Edited by turtle28

6 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'll try one more time because maybe Im not communicating properly (I'm under the weather today).

He's missed one season.

Which means the lsst time he played was... two seasons ago (since one season ago would be last season).

If he had missed two seasons, then the last tine would've played was three seasons ago.

Yes, it makes sense now.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah, sorry gents. Have a nasty virus and barely thinking straight today so forgive the mistake (yearrs vs. seasons)

It's ok, we both missed it too and I'm 100%!  Well, as 100% as I'll ever be! After all, it is still me! Haha 😂 

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

On 2/14/2020 at 2:34 PM, Thaiphoon said:

Not helping your case here.

So in 2018, he was limited, again,by injury and didnt finish the season (which was 2 seasons ago).

See @naptownskinsfanbreakdown.

If we're bringing him back we have zero idea of the Trent we're getting now

If he's still  top LT? Great

But I'm not blindly throwing $ until I'm sure

Being that Rivera seems to want him back, what's the deal you think they offer him? Also what would be your personal offer if you don't mind? I agree they shouldn't give him a boat load of money until it's proven he still can produce at a Elite Level. It's true nobody knows at this point. I'd start at guaranteeing him 12 million at signing if he can pass a physical. 14 million he starts 13 games or more. 16 million if he is a AllPro or Pro Bowler. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

Being that Rivera seems to want him back, what's the deal you think they offer him? Also what would be your personal offer if you don't mind? I agree they shouldn't give him a boat load of money until it's proven he still can produce at a Elite Level. It's true nobody knows at this point. I'd start at guaranteeing him 12 million at signing if he can pass a physical. 14 million he starts 13 games or more. 16 million if he is a AllPro or Pro Bowler. 

Yeah, so let me stipulate that I don't want him back, BUT...if I'm playing the role of Rivera and the Front Office and I DO want him back? Here's what I'd do if he shows up and looks like he is still an Elite player.

He's got one year left on his deal at $14.75m

2020 (31 years old)

$18.75m at signing (we convert all but $1m of his salary to bonus and also add $5m)

250k workout bonus (reporting to OTAs, etc...)

$1m salary

$1m for starting all 16 games in 2020

2021 (32 years old)

250k workout bonus

$5.75m if he's on active roster for Week 1

$1m salary

$2m for starting all 16 games

2022 (33 years old)

250k workout bonus

$4m if on the active roster for Week 1

$1m salary

$3m for starting all 16 games

Spread out over three years, that's $12.75m AAV. But he gets almost $20m upfront with another almost $10m over the next two years and is eligible to add another $6.75m if he goes to the OTAs and makes it through 16 games.

Again - I don't want him back, but this is kinda what I would think of doing if I did.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah, so let me stipulate that I don't want him back, BUT...if I'm playing the role of Rivera and the Front Office and I DO want him back? Here's what I'd do if he shows up and looks like he is still an Elite player.

He's got one year left on his deal at $14.75m

2020 (31 years old)

$18.75m at signing (we convert all but $1m of his salary to bonus and also add $5m)

250k workout bonus (reporting to OTAs, etc...)

$1m salary

$1m for starting all 16 games in 2020

2021 (32 years old)

250k workout bonus

$5.75m if he's on active roster for Week 1

$1m salary

$2m for starting all 16 games

2022 (33 years old)

250k workout bonus

$4m if on the active roster for Week 1

$1m salary

$3m for starting all 16 games

Spread out over three years, that's $12.75m AAV. But he gets almost $20m upfront with another almost $10m over the next two years and is eligible to add another $6.75m if he goes to the OTAs and makes it through 16 games.

Again - I don't want him back, but this is kinda what I would think of doing if I did.

Thanks. He would've been a Brown had it been up to me. Don't really like the idea of offering a extension but if that's what it takes to get Williams back, I could live with something like this.