Positivity

dll2000

4 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

This offense can certainly get worse - the Bears are 1 Allen Robinson injury away from having a historically bad offense.

Assuming they make no additions.

I am assuming they are going to be able to at least run the ball with a commitment to changing the system and personnel.

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Positive: 11 months to possibly never hearing Trubisky meet the media on his regular Thursday and be a jerk to the media for no reason other than his ineptitude

11 months from not having to watch Nagy try and save Trubisky's psyche during press conferences.

• Like 1

I could definitely see you guys winning the division next year.  The Packers will never repeat the string of luck they had last year, and I think the Vikings may actually implode and end up with a 6-10 type of season.  The Lions might surprise people, but the one team capable of rolling in the North is going to be 'da Bears, IMHO.  A huge factor will be what you do at QB.  I hate to say it, but I just don't see it working with Trubisky. 

Edited by Uncle Buck

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I am also hoping when Pace and Trubisky are gone, that the Mahomes and Watson thing shifts away.

It won’t happen until both are gone.

Gotta let it go bro.  I'm sure we all wish we could have invested in Apple or Amazon stock or even Bitcoin when it was dirt cheap and all be multi millionaires right abou5 now but (and maybe I'm not speaking for everyone here) we didn't do it. 

Not trying to get all philosophical on you but the point here is that we cannot dwell too much on actions that weren't taken in the past that could have painted a different picture. That's life.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

The Bears' defense was not on the field significantly more than the average team

Maybe not in terms of the time of possession --only because they still forced a lot of 3 and outs-- but they were in terms of significance because the offense was that bad. The offense would put together 6-7 plays per drive but it would often not amount to much of anything -- this skews the TOP.

The offense was 29th in yards per drive, 28th in points per drive, 30th in punts per drive, 30th in 3 and outs per drive, and 17th in INT's per drive.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Maybe not in terms of the time of possession --only because they still forced a lot of 3 and outs-- but they were in terms of significance because the offense was that bad. The offense would put together 6-7 plays per drive but it would often not amount to much of anything -- this skews the TOP.

The offense was 29th in yards per drive, 28th in points per drive, 30th in punts per drive, 30th in 3 and outs per drive, and 17th in INT's per drive.

I agree that the offense was bad. I'm just pointing out that the Bears defense did not play any more than the average defense. The narrative that they were on the field all game is not supported by the facts.

The issue was not that they were on the field too often or even that they played poorly, but that the Bears' offensive ineptitude required they play to an impossible standard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Gotta let it go bro.  I'm sure we all wish we could have invested in Apple or Amazon stock or even Bitcoin when it was dirt cheap and all be multi millionaires right abou5 now but (and maybe I'm not speaking for everyone here) we didn't do it. 

Not trying to get all philosophical on you but the point here is that we cannot dwell too much on actions that weren't taken in the past that could have painted a different picture. That's life.

10,000 likes. Well said. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Not dwelling.

It will just be nice when they are both gone and we can fully move on and do not need to hear about it.

No more Trubisky bowls.