Positivity

dll2000

14 hours ago, The_Romen said:

"I didn't get closer to the field goal post because... Because we agreed on it. Stop asking me good questions!"

Kinda hard to answer questions when you have like 20 yards of offense.  I would be having total melt downs if I had to talk immediately after a game.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Kinda hard to answer questions when you have like 20 yards of offense.  I would be having total melt downs if I had to talk immediately after a game.  

Fair, but he can't stop talking when they win by a field goal. I don't like his playcalling so far, I REALLY hate his press conferences.

Scenario:

Look.  You can't replace 9 offensive starters in one offseason.   Bears aren't that far from decent on offense.  

I posit that one very good OL and improved blocking from Y and U would radically improve the offense.  

Other factor is nobody is stretching the field.  Nagy used Gabriel and Cohen to try to stretch field last year and teams were not afraid of the small targets.   That needs to change.  Miller, Wims, Ridley and Robinson lack the break away speed to keep safeties deep.  

Not sure why he didn't use Patterson.  Patterson is one of fastest players.  You don't have to be a good route runner to run 9 routes, seems or posts.   

So Pace needs to figure that out with guys he has or get someone else in here.   

To that:

Bears sign Jack Conklin who plugs in at RT and plays at or near pro bowl level.  

Bars competes for a spot as I think he may arguably be one of best 5 linemen we have.  Probably goes to RG, though maybe Massie kicks inside with Conklin at RT.  

Daniels and Whitehair have a bounce back year and play to their talent which is at or near pro bowl level.  Leno goes back to being decent.

Worst case scenario at TE we have a healthy Burton and Horstead.  Horstead is more talented than Burton, and got a lot of reps last year so U TE position should be better than last year.  We just need to find a big, physical banger from FA or draft.   Holtz wasn't terrible at it and was a huge improvement over Shaheen.    Even if TEs were Burton, Horstead and Holtz I think in 2020 they are better than 2019 due to playing time Holtz and Horstead got and offseason work they will get.  Burton at his best is an adequate to good U TE.  

I believe if a high end OL is brought in it will raise all boats.  If I was GM that would be my focus.  Improving the physicality of the team on O side of ball.  Bears were simply not physical on offense.  You don't have to be or want to be physical all the time, but they didn't have the option in 2019.  

Are interior guys got overpowered a lot or swam, our OTs got beat on speed rushes and held, and our TEs missed the edge blocks more often than they made them.  

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Scenario:

Look.  You can't replace 9 offensive starters in one offseason.   Bears aren't that far from decent on offense.  

I posit that one very good OL and improved blocking from Y and U would radically improve the offense.  

Other factor is nobody is stretching the field.  Nagy used Gabriel and Cohen to try to stretch field last year and teams were not afraid of the small targets.   That needs to change.  Miller, Wims, Ridley and Robinson lack the break away speed to keep safeties deep.  

Not sure why he didn't use Patterson.  Patterson is one of fastest players.  You don't have to be a good route runner to run 9 routes, seems or posts.   

So Pace needs to figure that out with guys he has or get someone else in here.   

To that:

Bears sign Jack Conklin who plugs in at RT and plays at or near pro bowl level.  

Bars competes for a spot as I think he may arguably be one of best 5 linemen we have.  Probably goes to RG, though maybe Massie kicks inside with Conklin at RT.  

Daniels and Whitehair have a bounce back year and play to their talent which is at or near pro bowl level.  Leno goes back to being decent.

Worst case scenario at TE we have a healthy Burton and Horstead.  Horstead is more talented than Burton, and got a lot of reps last year so U TE position should be better than last year.  We just need to find a big, physical banger from FA or draft.   Holtz wasn't terrible at it and was a huge improvement over Shaheen.    Even if TEs were Burton, Horstead and Holtz I think in 2020 they are better than 2019 due to playing time Holtz and Horstead got and offseason work they will get.  Burton at his best is an adequate to good U TE.  

I believe if a high end OL is brought in it will raise all boats.  If I was GM that would be my focus.  Improving the physicality of the team on O side of ball.  Bears were simply not physical on offense.  You don't have to be or want to be physical all the time, but they didn't have the option in 2019.  

Are interior guys got overpowered a lot or swam, our OTs got beat on speed rushes and held, and our TEs missed the edge blocks more often than they made them.  

They should sign Brandon Scherff. 

Not convinced Bars is one of our best 5 OL since he's a UDFA who's never played a meaningful NFL snap.  What makes you think that?

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

The injuries do not bother me. The 15/season price tag does.

How much you willing to pay for a huge upgrade to the OL?

No Bears QB is going to have much success regardless of who they put back there if they don't fix that area for next year.

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

How much you willing to pay for a huge upgrade to the OL?

No Bears QB is going to have much success regardless of who they put back there if they don't fix that area for next year.

I do not have an issue with investing big money in the OL.

This offseason they are going to struggle to fit a 15 million dollar average into the cap. I expect that the bigger signing will be a TE, and even that will not be a huge deal, and the RG budget is probably closer to 6/season.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I do not have an issue with investing big money in the OL.

This offseason they are going to struggle to fit a 15 million dollar average into the cap. I expect that the bigger signing will be a TE, and even that will not be a huge deal, and the RG budget is probably closer to 6/season.

Maybe.  I just don't see them spending big at TE with Burton's fairly big contract still on the books for at least 1 more season.

I can totally see them drafting a TE as early as the 2nd and keeping Burton, Horstead and Holtz in the mix.  IMO Horstead and Holtz were nice additions that helped as the season went on.