Positivity

dll2000

49 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I'm not going to change your opinion on this but how can we expect a QB to execute a system that is reliant on a certain type of TE and OL that is currently lacking with this team?

I did not expect Trubisky to be really good because of the other issues on offense.

I did expect him to be better than abysmal.

12 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I did not expect Trubisky to be really good because of the other issues on offense.

I did expect him to be better than abysmal.

You did not expect him to be really good or just good because of the other issues on offense, because realistically which QB's would still be good under those same circumstances?

I'll be the first to say he didn't have a good season, but abysmal is not the word I'd use.  

I keep going back to late 2017 and all of 2018 where he showed promise.  Right now 2019 is an outlier for me.  He needs to get a lot better but I don't feel we can write him off after one "not good" season considering how events unfolded last season.

4 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

You did not expect him to be really good or just good because of the other issues on offense, because realistically which QB's would still be good under those same circumstances?

I'll be the first to say he didn't have a good season, but abysmal is not the word I'd use.  

I keep going back to late 2017 and all of 2018 where he showed promise.  Right now 2019 is an outlier for me.  He needs to get a lot better but I don't feel we can write him off after one "not good" season considering how events unfolded last season.

It was abysmal

I did not expect him to thrive because of the issues around him. But he was brutal and poured gasoline on a lot of the issues that the offense had by making terrible reads and decisions.

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

He has shown he is not interested in tailoring to Mitch's strengths. He has shown he is not interested in being physical, he wants to out smart or confuse the defense and he ends up confusing his own players.

Nagy isn't changing. The QB is going to be changing.

Mitch would be a superstar if Nagy ditched RPO's and designed all intermediate routes & go routes to tall guys!

9 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Where did I say "I only want OL who have never missed a game?" I don't think "never missing a game" and "playing in 61% of games" are even close

You are conveniently cherry picking stats to fit your argument whereas I am looking at Scherff's entire body of work not just the last 2 seasons.

6 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

You are conveniently cherry picking stats to fit your argument whereas I am looking at Scherff's entire body of work not just the last 2 seasons.

How is what I said "cherry picking?" It's prevalent because if he's barely playing, they're right back to playing Coward and the almighty Alex Bars. You were the one who said "one way to not see Bars is by signing Scherff" when that is truly incorrect based on his injuries the last 3 seasons, but, I did just acknowledge what you said. 81% of his games is 13 games every season. Are you willing to pay Scherff at least $13M a season to play 13 games? Because I am not

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

How is what I said "cherry picking?" It's prevalent because if he's barely playing, they're right back to playing Coward and the almighty Alex Bars. You were the one who said "one way to not see Bars is by signing Scherff" when that is truly incorrect based on his injuries the last 3 seasons, but, I did just acknowledge what you said. 81% of his games is 13 games every season. Are you willing to pay Scherff at least $13M a season to play 13 games? Because I am not

If we had the cap space I would have no issue with it.

I think Hooper at 10/season is a better value, less of a risk, and more of a position of need 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Yes I am because he is that good and we need OL help.  I would happily take that risk.

• Like 1