Mock Draft Godfather V3

Kenrik

2020 Cap Space of 21.6 Million. This might be off a little but its all chicken in the end

Cuts:

Jimmy Graham (Saves 8 Million) -29.6 Million

Lane Taylor (Saves 4.6 Million) - 34.2 Million

Sign Draft Picks

-30.2 Million

Re-signings:

Crosby      3 Year 9 Million (Year 1, 3 Million) -27.2 Million

Bulaga      4 Year 40 Million (Year 1, 7 Million) -20.2

Mercedes, Veldeer, Ervin, Lewis, Campbell, Tonyan, Lazard, Lancaster (6 Million) - 14.2 Million

Notable goodbyes:

Martinez

Tramon

Fackrell

Allison

Spriggs

Grant

Goodson

Kumerow

Signings:

Shelby Harris      4 Years, 51 Million (Year 1, 10 Million) -4.2 Million

Rolling over 4.2 Million 

NFL Draft: Used TDN rankings

Trade: 1.30 (620 pts) to Atlanta for 2.47 (430) & 3.78 (200). 

2.47 Antonie Winfield Jr, S  -I love his tape. Always around the ball. His instincts are really good. The idea would be to run with 3 safeties on the field and have Winfield be used multiple places. 

2.62 Brandon Aiyuk, WR -There are a ton of options in this draft for WR.

3.78 Zach Moss, RB -Might be a tad early to grab a rb but next year Jones & Williams are up and I'm not a huge fan of our rookie Williams.

3.94 Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB -I'm rolling with two rookie ILB with ADG & Wilson.

4.126 Albert Okwuegbunam, TE -Has dropped a lot and I dont know why

5.157 McTelvin Agim, IDL -305lbs and great pass rusher. Can be used for 3rd downs with Clark & Harris. 

6.172 Quintez Cephus, WR

6.189 James Morgan, QB -Really like Morgan. He had a good senior bowl and his junior high number he wore #4 and high school & college he wore #12. Huge packer fan.

7. Trade for 2021 6th round

7.219 Logan Wilson, LB I'm not sure why TDN is so low on Wilson. I love Wilson. Originally recruited as a DB but moved to LB. Has really good range, instincts, and leadership. 

53:

Offense: 25

QB: Rodgers, Boyle, Morgan

RB: Jones, Williams, Moss,  Ervin

FB: Vitale

TE: Sternberger, Lewis, Okwuegbunam, Tonyan

WR: Adams, Lazard, Aiyuk, MVS, Cephus

OT: Bak, Bulaga,  Veldeer, Light

OG: Jenkins, Turner, Madison

OC: Linsley, Patrick

Defense: 25

DL: Clark, Harris, Lowry, Lancaster, Keke, Adams, Agim

OLB: Smith, Smith, Gary, UDFA

ILB: ADG, Wilson, Burks, Summers

CB: Alexander, King, Sullivan, Hollman, Jackson

S: Amos, Savage, Winfield Jr, Redmond, Campbell

ST: 3

K: Crosby

P: Scott

LS: Bradley

26 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

You think Martinez & Graham are worth 7 wins because those are the only starters gone from a 13-3 season? 

considering the way we won games isn't sustainable & how much we're leaning on Shelby Harris to fix the DL / we only added 2 rookie WR to the corp that 12 won't throw it to, I might switch it to 7-9.

18 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

considering the way we won games isn't sustainable & how much we're leaning on Shelby Harris to fix the DL / we only added 2 rookie WR to the corp that 12 won't throw it to, I might switch it to 7-9.

If I were to change anything, then I'd add a vet LB or TE just to make sure either position doesn't completely flop.  Shelby has played a lot of NT and moved to 3 & 5 tech and had 6 sacks on the year. He is a very versatile guy that can stuff the run and get a rush on when needed. We had a 5th DB on the field a lot more than a 3rd DL. 3-3-5 I would think is going to be our main defensive alignment. 

I would agree its not a SB roster unless the young guys develop quickly.

2 hours ago, Kenrik said:

Yes it does

The 2019 Packers spent a 1st, and (2) 4ths on Savage and gave a boat load of money to Amos.
It seems strange to then turn around and spend another top pick on Safety in 2020, even a coverage Safety
Typically, you'd supplement the 2019 haul with a couple of Raven Greene's , so I can't say I'm thrilled with the resource allocation

I'd rather invest in a true CB, given the loss of Tramon and the delayed development of Josh Jackson.
And you said it yourself, 3rd round is probably too early at RB given that guy won't see the field in 2020.
Grab a developmental RB or two and use that 3rd on some other position with a chance to help the 2020 squad

39 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

The 2019 Packers spent a 1st, and (2) 4ths on Savage and gave a boat load of money to Amos.
It seems strange to then turn around and spend another top pick on Safety in 2020, even a coverage Safety
Typically, you'd supplement the 2019 haul with a couple of Raven Greene's , so I can't say I'm thrilled with the resource allocation

I'd rather invest in a true CB, given the loss of Tramon and the delayed development of Josh Jackson.
And you said it yourself, 3rd round is probably too early at RB given that guy won't see the field in 2020.
Grab a developmental RB or two and use that 3rd on some other position with a chance to help the 2020 squad

I'm more looking at the player versus the position. This defense needs more play-makers especially in the secondary. For how much pass rush our defense got, I feel like our safeties should have had more INTs. I love Winfields tape. He is probably my favorite player that has the posibility to be available at our pick. He is very aggressive and smart. Always around the ball and is a sure tackler. If he was 6'2", then he'd be the #1 safety in this class. Tramon played 73% of the snaps (761). Redmon & Campbell had just over 300 snaps(30% ish). I think Winfield Jr could be a guy that could be on the field the majority of the time and eat up those snaps.

Josh Jackson isn't going to develop. He is a depth body now. They tried him at safety during the season and he didn't look good. He was a poor draft pick that fell from the 1st and was only projected in the 1st because of the INTs that went his way. I wouldn't count on him. I think it would be great to invest in a CB early as well but honestly Winfield will see the field more than almost any rookie CB you draft. So if you're looking at immediate impact Winfield has the upper hand on a CB. 

Moss wont see the field much because Jones should get the majority of the touches. I would expect Moss and Williams to split carries in 2020. With Jones possibly getting a larger contract elsewhere in 2021 Moss would be the starter in 2021. Williams should be replaced in this offense anyways. 

Spot on write up here:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/antoine-winfield-jr/xPHI46MyyH

Edited by Kenrik

6 hours ago, Kenrik said:

I'm more looking at the player versus the position. This defense needs more play-makers especially in the secondary. For how much pass rush our defense got, I feel like our safeties should have had more INTs. I love Winfields tape. He is probably my favorite player that has the posibility to be available at our pick. He is very aggressive and smart. Always around the ball and is a sure tackler. If he was 6'2", then he'd be the #1 safety in this class. Tramon played 73% of the snaps (761). Redmon & Campbell had just over 300 snaps(30% ish). I think Winfield Jr could be a guy that could be on the field the majority of the time and eat up those snaps.

Josh Jackson isn't going to develop. He is a depth body now. They tried him at safety during the season and he didn't look good. He was a poor draft pick that fell from the 1st and was only projected in the 1st because of the INTs that went his way. I wouldn't count on him. I think it would be great to invest in a CB early as well but honestly Winfield will see the field more than almost any rookie CB you draft. So if you're looking at immediate impact Winfield has the upper hand on a CB. 

Moss wont see the field much because Jones should get the majority of the touches. I would expect Moss and Williams to split carries in 2020. With Jones possibly getting a larger contract elsewhere in 2021 Moss would be the starter in 2021. Williams should be replaced in this offense anyways. 

Spot on write up here:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/antoine-winfield-jr/xPHI46MyyH

What's your personnel grouping against 11 personnel?

Smith/Harris/Clark/Lowry/Smith

ADG

Alexander/Amos/Savage/Winfield/King

Seems like the group you're advocation for.

Who's covering the slot receiver if we want to play man?

47 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What's your personnel grouping against 11 personnel?

Smith/Harris/Clark/Lowry/Smith

ADG

Alexander/Amos/Savage/Winfield/King

Seems like the group you're advocation for.

Who's covering the slot receiver if we want to play man?

This is what really gets me about Winfield, guys a C2 safety. I dont think the value matches up for us at all, the 3rd safety needs to have slot experience at least.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

This is what really gets me about Winfield, guys a C2 safety. I dont think the value matches up for us at all, the 3rd safety needs to have slot experience at least.

Agreed. Plus it's a foregone conclusion that he's going to the Vikings. Lesbionest...

I don't like trading that far back in the 2nd without at least getting more than a third and if we did, it won't be with Atlanta. They're looking to blow up the defense and start over. We could also do a lot better than Aiyuk at 62; I don't trust him at all. The rest of it really isn't all that bad although Albert O is dropping because he's a slightly bigger version of Richard Rodgers with no short area burst. 

Edited by Joe
  • Like 1