Mock Draft Godfather V3

Kenrik

8 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What's your personnel grouping against 11 personnel?

Smith/Harris/Clark/Lowry/Smith

ADG

Alexander/Amos/Savage/Winfield/King

Seems like the group you're advocation for.

Who's covering the slot receiver if we want to play man?

Nailed it. Winfield would take the slot. 

7 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

This is what really gets me about Winfield, guys a C2 safety. I dont think the value matches up for us at all, the 3rd safety needs to have slot experience at least.

Why dont people think Winfield can play man coverage?

46 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Realistically, how many safeties can play man coverage against NFL caliber receivers? There's only a handful of them in the league. 

Honey badger, Hyde?, Budda Baker, Damarius Randle?, Minkah, and probably some more I cant think of.

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Absolutely, but the guys who were groomed to play CB are going to keep it a lot closer

Tis true. Honestly, there isn't a lot of film on Winfield Jr playing man coverage but hes not getting beat when he does. Whether he didn't play a lot of man because he sucks at it or scheme idk. If he runs well and puts up good numbers at the combine, then hes probably not available at 30 anyways. 

4 hours ago, Kenrik said:

Why dont people think Winfield can play man coverage?

Because it's not something they asked him to do at minnesota outside of the odd TE. Reps matter, it's a big projection. Im not saying he can't learn but it's not in the bag and thats going to drop him a bit for me personally. If he had CGJ's cut ups from last year I'd be all aboard.

He feels like a super Micah to me. Maybe being a better athlete he'll make it work down there but without seeing his back to the ball more, I'm not sticking him down low with Pettine with confidence.

Edited by HighCalebR

2 hours ago, gizmo2012 said:

Just look at the ILB's if this plays out - Packers last int heir division 

I'll bet you $100 that if Martinez leaves (most likely) and he is replaced by a rookie ILB that we will not finish last in the division. 

I would love to overpay for a starting ILB if we had the cap space. After Martinez, Littleton, and Schobert you can find a similar talent in the draft. What was Blake? A 4th rounder who started for us his 1st year. 

• 11 months later...
42 minutes ago, Whity25 said:

I was looking through old mocks and my goodness. This might have got us to the superbowl! Not sure why everyone was so against it. This is gold lol. 

Winfield and Aiyuk were both gone by the respective picks.  

Bulaga played 38% of the snaps in 2020 so that contract is not good.

2 hours ago, Whity25 said:

I was looking through old mocks and my goodness. This might have got us to the superbowl! Not sure why everyone was so against it. This is gold lol. 

Thank you bro! I liked to say hours upon hours of watching YouTube videos has made me a pretty good scout. We got some good takes and some pretty ****ty takes in this thread.

@squire12  Funny thing is nobody was arguing that kenrik was selecting these players too early. You guys should do a poll of the best mock draft from the previous year. Fyi I appreciate the work it takes to put these mocks together. It's the main reason I check this forum. Seems like someone should be crowned!