Top 10 QBs of 2010s

Archimedes

With the 2010s wrapped up, just wanted to see how people would rank the top QBs of the decade. Mike Florio came out with list about a month ago and here where the names who made it, in alphabetical order:

• Brady
  • Brees
  • Luck
  • P. Manning
  • Newton
  • Rivers
  • Rodgers
  • Roethlisberger
  • Ryan
  • Wilson

Now, the list itself isn't too bad. There is one name I would quibble with, (more on that player later), but even then its not a major gripe. The order however, I had a major problem with:

1. Brady - No arguments here, the decade belonged to him
  2. Rodgers - I agree here also, although Saints fans might argue Brees. I think Brees has a strong case for number 2 as well, even if I would've had Rodgers 2 personally, but Florio didn't even have Brees 2... or 3...
  3. Wilson - I really like RW. I get that he was way underappreciated for much of the decade, but he wasn't the 3rd best qb of the decade, and he barely has an argument for 4th. I think 5th is fair for him
  4. Brees - As mentioned before, he should have been in the 2nd or 3rd spot. I'd have had him at 3rd
  5. P. Manning - I'd have him at 4th, although I guess you could argue RW over him. Personally I think Manning's highs for the decade were just much higher than RW's highs, and those offset the gulf in RW's length for the 2010s.
  6. Roethlisberger - I don't think he has much of a case over Ryan. The only real differences between Big Ben and  Ryan for the 2010s are an MVP and 1st team AP all-pro selection. Ben has neither
  7. Newton - Newton's case over Ryan is even flimsier. The grand canyon sized gulf in Ryan's advantage as far as passing goes wasn't offset by Newton's rushing. And Ryan's highs equal Newton's. Both won an MVP, both were selected AP 1st team all-pro once.
  8. Ryan - One of the most underappreciated qbs I've ever seen in my lifetime. Maybe even the most underappreciated. Should have been at least 6th, and he even has an argument over RW for the 5 spot...
  9. Luck - Luck is the one guy that I thought didn't deserve to make the list. I think Alex Smith and Stafford were both more deserving. Luck was a better player than either guy at their respective peaks, but I think the other two guys' longevity offset that. Mind you, Luck isn't an awful pick, I just think there were a couple of more worthy ones.
  10. Rivers - Rivers deserved to make the list but I would have had him somewhere between the 7th - 9th slot.

So my list: 

1. Brady
  2. Rodgers
  3. Brees
  4. P. Manning
  5. RW
  6. Ryan
  7. Newton
  8. RIvers
  9. Roethlisberger
  10. Alex Smith (bit of a homer pick, Stafford could easily be in this slot)

3 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

So is your understanding of football

You know nothing about me. Bold of you to assume the extent of my knowledge because I have one differing opinion from you. But by all means, continue on standing on top of a cardboard box and acting like you're on some high horse.

Just now, Danger said:

You know nothing about me. Bold of you to assume the extent of my knowledge because I have one differing opinion from you. But by all means, continue on standing on top of a cardboard box and acting like you're on some high horse.

So sayeth the man using passer rating as the end all be all.

Just now, Breesus mode said:

So sayeth the man using passer rating as the end all be all.

I could point out his completion percentage is below 60% a very attainable number, his high INT% at 2.7

You're probably one of those people that think the things he does with his legs are more than enough to make up for his shortcomings as a passer.

Just now, Danger said:

I could point out his completion percentage is below 60% a very attainable number, his high INT% at 2.7

You're probably one of those people that think the things he does with his legs are more than enough to make up for his shortcomings as a passer.

Good thing we don't just rate QBs on their passing ability. Especially when Cam's running ability is kinda the point.