Top 10 QBs of 2010s

Archimedes

On 2/12/2020 at 8:57 AM, iknowcool said:

So what's your top 10, and who are you bumping Newton off for?

I think ya'll are just saying stuff without actually thinking about the past decade.  Newton scored 240 touchdowns in the 2010s and led a team to a 15-1 record and a Super Bowl appearance.  To say he sucks is absolutely ignorant, but even if you think he's not that good, I'm not sure who you are taking off the top 10 for him.  Eli Manning?  Andy Dalton?  Carson Palmer?  Come on now.

You’ve got to be kidding me with this. Tony Romo is twice the QB Cam ever was and was ranked from 6-10 majority of his entire career. And I do not like the Cowboys. 

17 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You’ve got to be kidding me with this. Tony Romo is twice the QB Cam ever was and was ranked from 6-10 majority of his entire career. And I do not like the Cowboys. 

He’s a bias Panther fan. It’s okay though, good folks like me and you are here to spread the truth.

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

I think it would help if you read.

Ironic...

When you’re equal to or worse than Andy Dalton you’re bad in my eyes

You said being equal to Dalton makes a player bad. Was wondering if you had an explanation to that?

Newton is bad because he's an inaccurate, erratic QB that's propped up because he's a good running back. Outside of one miraculous outlier season, he's been largely terrible. When your completion percentage, interception percentage, passer rating, Y/A, AY/A, NY/A, and ANY/A are ALL worse than the likes of Marcus Mariota I'll always view you as a bad QB.

Let me clarify before stating, I don’t think Cam is or largely was a great QB. Especially as a passer. His MVP season was an obvious outlier.   But to call him bad? And terrible? No way. 

OROY, x4 Pro Bowler, first team All-Pro. Most rushing TDs by a QB - single season and career. Top 100 in YPA, YPG, total yards, TDs. Consistently average in DVOA. You can do much worse than Cam Newton.

• Like 1

Not to detract from Rivers play as a whole, but the guy was under .500 for the entirety of the decade at 77-83. Their stats in the regular season were comparable with Ben edging out Rivers slightly as a whole. The lack of team success really if the differing factor.

He's not far behind Rivers, but in my eyes there is definitely a line between them. And he'd be right behind Roethlisberger with no one else separating the two.

Maybe if Rivers was with a better team we'd be singing a different tune.

Edited by Danger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

He only played 4 full seasons in the 2010s, but yes I agree he was a better overall QB.  Where did I suggest otherwise?

Edited by iknowcool

2 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

He only played 4 full seasons in the 2010s, but yes I agree he was a better overall QB.  Where did I suggest otherwise?

Quoting a Top 10 list that doesn’t have Romo saying who would you take Newton off for. 

Romos 4 years easily best Newtons as whole. Honestly without 2015 Newton isn’t even Top 20. 

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

He’s a bias Panther fan. It’s okay though, good folks like me and you are here to spread the truth.

Just because your football takes are bad doesn’t mean I’m wrong. Saying Newton sucked is a terrible take.  There’s a difference between being average and sucking. 

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Quoting a Top 10 list that doesn’t have Romo saying who would you take Newton off for. 

Romos 4 years easily best Newtons as whole. Honestly without 2015 Newton isn’t even Top 20. 

It was a question.  And I even said a Newton might just be top 12, I gave room for someone to argue someone else.  Youre just putting words in my mouth.  I never said he was better than Romo, and there’s a reason nobody has really listed him - he played 4 years.

And no, eliminating someone’s best year to prove a point isn’t a sound argument.  It literally makes no sense not to consider his 2015 season. So not sure why him not having that year would matter.  

Edited by iknowcool

24 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

You said being equal to Dalton makes a player bad. Was wondering if you had an explanation to that?

I’ll concede bad was the wrong description. Extremely, “meh” would do it more justice.

33 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

OROY, x4 Pro Bowler, first team All-Pro. Most rushing TDs by a QB - single season and career. Top 100 in YPA, YPG, total yards, TDs. Consistently average in DVOA. You can do much worse than Cam Newton.

3x pro bowler*

One of those pro bowls and his all-pro season was in 2015, an outlier season that was not indicative at all of who he was as a QB, so the awards don’t impress me when I look at his full body of work. Look, I’m not saying Newton was one of the worst to ever do it, but when he steps on the field you don’t know what you’re getting other than that he’s going to be a good running back but be a worse QB than Marcus Mariota. Sorry but you’re not gonna change my mind.

23 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Just because your football takes are trash doesn’t mean I’m wrong. Saying Newton sucked is a terrible take.  There’s a difference between being average and sucking. 

He’s a worse passer than Mariota and is as accurate as Blake Bortles. Bad QB that relies on his legs.

Perhaps I underestimated Romo a little and he deserves to be on this over Cam, but Roethlisberger or Rivers over Ryan is silly. Ryan had just as consistent production as them over the decade plus he won an MVP,  something neither of those other two did. He also was more of an iron man than Big Ben.