4) Wilson

5) Roethlisberger

6) Rivers

7) Ryan

8) P. Manning

9) Luck

10) Stafford

Zero Playoff Wins. Andy Dalton of the NFC

Just kidding it's good to see Stafford getting some love. He had to carry some awful teams and once Calvin Johnson bailed on him the team sorta imploded on itself. His 2011 and 2014 seasons were very good in his career.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Not to detract from Rivers play as a whole, but the guy was under .500 for the entirety of the decade at 77-83. Their stats in the regular season were comparable with Ben edging out Rivers slightly as a whole. The lack of team success really if the differing factor.

He's not far behind Rivers, but in my eyes there is definitely a line between them. And he'd be right behind Roethlisberger with no one else separating the two.

Maybe if Rivers was with a better team we'd be singing a different tune.

I can buy that can of soup.

I honestly can't rank these guys because they excel at different aspects of the game but I will say Rodger has a rightful spot at the number I did not include fumbles because I ran out of time but Rodger by far as the most per game, Brady, Then Brees.

Brady

1. QBR 100.29
  2. TD per year 31.6
  3. Ints per yr  8
  4. YPG   280
  5. Comp % 64.33

Brees

1.  QBR   103.65
  2. TD per year 34.5
  3. Ints 12.7
  4. YPG 305.6
  5. Comp % 69.91

Rodgers

1. QBR  103.59
  2. TD per year 30.?
  3. Ints 6.9
  4. YPG 210
  5. Comp % 64.88
Edited by MrnastiesNO

I can't believe I'm even going to entertain this nonsense but I am anyhow because you are clearly box score scouting here.

17 hours ago, Elky said:

Peyton had a down year in 2010.

Peyton had a down year by whose standards?! If putting up nearly 5,000 yards in a season with no defense and leading a team into the playoffs with a top-5 offense is considered a down year then I would love to hear what your definition of a good year is. 

17 hours ago, Elky said:

If it weren't for such an easy final quarter of the season, Indy could have missed the playoffs.

IF the offensive line doesn't get dominated by Mario Williams in week one then Indy wins that game (Diem was not the same in 2010, Saturday was not himself and Johnson was playing injured). IF the WR's hold on to the ball and stay in bounds then Indy wins that game. IF the special teams unit doesn't miss 3 tackles on a punt return then Indy wins that game. IF the special teams and defense don't suck against the Jags late in the game after Manning gave them the lead with less than one minute left then Indy wins that game.

Point is, shoulda, coulda, woulda. We could apply the same whatif's for every QB on anyone's list. The bottomline is, they DID make the playoffs.

17 hours ago, Elky said:

He missed all of 2011 due to neck surgery.

Ok. What about 2012 and 2013?

17 hours ago, Elky said:

Peyton's play noticeably dropped in the second half of 2014.

If you're not only looking at stats, like I think you are, then I'm gonna need you to explain this.

17 hours ago, Elky said:

We all know the horrors that was 2015 Zombie Peyton.

And yet that is 5 years of taking a team to their first double-digit win season since Plummer in the mid-2000's. And immediately making them a legit SB contender for 4 years straight while making it to two of them and winning one. And all the while playing in the same conference as the Pats AND winning 2 first team all-pros. Name another QB who accomplished this. I'll Wait.

• Like 1

That is classic "Give Peyton all the credit for winning, but blame everyone else when they lose." Which is funny because Peyton fans always preach it's a "team sport", but at the same time they say "he makes everyone better". Just make up your damn mind. Maybe the team struggled, but so did Peyton.

Peyton had a down year by whose standards?! If putting up nearly 5,000 yards in a season with no defense and leading a team into the playoffs with a top-5 offense is considered a down year then I would

love to hear what your definition of a good year is.

From weeks 9-12, Indy went 1-5 and Peyton tossed nine touchdowns and thirteen picks. Indy was 6-6 going into the final quarter of the season. Who did they draw? Tennessee twice, Jacksonville and Oakland. Was the team as a whole struggling? More than likely. But it's extremely hard to win games when the quarterback tosses eleven interceptions in a three game stretch.

Ok. What about 2012 and 2013?

I clearly stated that Peyton was elite in 2012 and 2013. Please learn to read. However, it's worth noting that Peyton's diminishing arm strength was pointed out in his record breaking 2013 campaign.

If you're not only looking at stats, like I think you are, then I'm gonna need you to explain this.

Kind of funny this is your response when you literally just said "If putting up nearly 5,000 yards in a season with no defense and leading a team into the playoffs with a top-5 offense is considered a down year then I would love to hear what your definition of a good year is."

The drop off in the second half of the season is glaring:

Weeks 1-8: 174/252, 2134 yards, 22 TD, 3 INT

Weeks 9-17: 221/345, 2593 yards, 17 TD, 12 INT

People were noticing the decline then as well: https://www.thesportster.com/football/is-peyton-manning-in-decline/

Peyton also played very poorly in the divisional round against Indy.

And yet that is 5 years of taking a team to their first double-digit win season since Plummer in the mid-2000's. And immediately making them a legit SB contender for 4 years straight while making it to two of them and winning one. And all the while playing in the same conference as the Pats AND winning 2 first team all-pros. Name another QB who accomplished this. I'll Wait.

Besides the fact that this has NOTHING to do with the objective fact that Peyton was the team's biggest liability in 2015, he went to a team that won a playoff game with Tim Tebow at quarterback. Peyton was throwing to guys that have succeeded without him like Eric Decker, Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders. In fact, Denver was 8-4 at one point with Trevor Siemien under center in 2016.

Edited by Elky

21 hours ago, dtait93 said:

He’s a worse passer than Mariota and is as accurate as Blake Bortles. Bad QB that relies on his legs.

Cam doesn't rely on his legs. He's complemented by them. If Tony Romo was 6-5  240 and could run like Cam I bet you he wouldn't have the same passing numbers.  Cam's style and athleticism simplifies and narrows what defenses can do. You want to make the argument that some are better accuracy wise and hitting WR's in stride that's fine. But Cam's much more cerebral than people give him credit for. And for you to say he's worse than Mariota is straight garbage and the stats don't support it at all.

27 minutes ago, RabidPanther89 said:

Cam doesn't rely on his legs. He's complemented by them. If Tony Romo was 6-5  240 and could run like Cam I bet you he wouldn't have the same passing numbers.  Cam's style and athleticism simplifies and narrows what defenses can do. You want to make the argument that some are better accuracy wise and hitting WR's in stride that's fine. But Cam's much more cerebral than people give him credit for. And for you to say he's worse than Mariota is straight garbage and the stats don't support it at all.

Mariota>Newton as a passer. Better completion percentage, passer rating, INT%, Y/A, AY/A, NY/A, ANY/A. The results are in, and you're wrong. Mariota got more out of each pass while being more accurate and less turnover prone.

Edited by dtait93

On 13/02/2020 at 2:40 PM, dtait93 said:

I’ll concede bad was the wrong description. Extremely, “meh” would do it more justice.

3x pro bowler*

One of those pro bowls and his all-pro season was in 2015, an outlier season that was not indicative at all of who he was as a QB, so the awards don’t impress me when I look at his full body of work. Look, I’m not saying Newton was one of the worst to ever do it, but when he steps on the field you don’t know what you’re getting other than that he’s going to be a good running back but be a worse QB than Marcus Mariota. Sorry but you’re not gonna change my mind.

He had an MVP/All-pro season but because he wasn't as good after '15 in his career I'm just going to ignore it and call him worst than Mariota (LOL). 

That is such a bad take. In no universe Mariota was ever better than Newton this is ridiculous. 

(I'm not a Panthers fan and I don't particularly like Newton) 

4 hours ago, MagicMT said:

He had an MVP/All-pro season but because he wasn't as good after '15 in his career I'm just going to ignore it and call him worst than Mariota (LOL). 

That is such a bad take. In no universe Mariota was ever better than Newton this is ridiculous. 

(I'm not a Panthers fan and I don't particularly like Newton) 

He is a worse passer point blank. And that’s accounting for his outlier 2015 season in which he was never even close to being as good as before or after. Newton has the accuracy of Blake Bortles LOL.

I’m waiting to hear how Newton was better than Mariota as a passer. I’ve brought facts to the table and here is everyone else  coming at me with their feelings and subjectivity lol. I shouldn’t be surprised though, that’s our society these days. Pitiful really.