More flex scheduling could be on the way

August4th

4 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

I think this is a terrible idea for fans.  Those fans that purchase tickets.  It may not impact alot of them, but if I've planned a trip to a game, booked my flights, etc., and then the league moves the game?  That, in my opinion, is very disrespectful.  

Right.

A Sunday game flexed out of SNF is still a Sunday game so odds are travel plans won't be messed up (unless someone planned to travel in Sunday day then go right to the game.)

A flexed MNF game moves to 1pm Sunday which screws up a lot of things with hotels/flights/driving. Plus even non-traveling home fans get screwed because a lot of fans take half or all of Monday off to get out to the game and/or take Tuesday off because the game doesn't get over until 10:30pm.

Honestly? Nuke MNF. I've enjoyed Thursday Night Football more often than I've enjoyed MNF in the past five years. And TNF is terrible.

It's never going to happen. I'd rather have 2 SNF games (1 at 8, the other at 10:30, probably some west coast game) than MNF anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hukos said:

Honestly? Nuke MNF. I've enjoyed Thursday Night Football more often than I've enjoyed MNF in the past five years. And TNF is terrible.

It's never going to happen. I'd rather have 2 SNF games (1 at 8, the other at 10:30, probably some west coast game) than MNF anyway.

Thursday night football games this season were terrible 

8 hours ago, DigInBoys said:

Laughable. The NFL has multi-billion dollar TV contracts. That's where it generates it's revenue. There's no logic to what you're saying.

I get your point, but if they don't care, why charge so much for games, since the revenue isn't important?  The truth is the area economies thrive on games in their immediate area too.  Too many moving parts to change too close to the event.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, N4L said:

This is a horrible idea. Flexing MNF is a logistical nightmare for fans. 

Yes, but the NFL doesn't really care about the fans in the stands.  It is all about television ratings and they want competitive games in prime time.