More flex scheduling could be on the way

August4th

10 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I agree with that completely. Unless the NFL is reimbursing fans for travel plans, this is a load of crap

There's the solution.  If the NFL wants to make some extra $$$ by flexing games around, fine.  But they should be prepared to reimburse fans who have to cancel travel plans.  And not just the ticket price.  Reimburse them for any cancellation fees, plus a small amount for the fans time to set all that up and then cancel it.  

dinsey saying they will put MNF back on ABC is another interesting part of this news

wonder if ABC will get back in the superbowl rotation ..MNF might be great again with that move, flexing and if they land romo + adding better producers

Edited by August4th
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

The advertising dollars far outweigh the money for tickets

The NFL has broadcast partners and those partners derive their cash from ads, its all linked together.
The billionaires sit around trying to figure out how to deploy the millionaires for maximum profit with no concern for the "little people" they step on.

However...the advertisers actually depend on us consumers -  and if the fans ever united, the NFL Fans Union ( NFLFU) - then we'd have a seat at the table instead of always being on the menu. We, the consumers, are the source of all NFL money and yet we have no say in anything.
Pretty sure that was enough to start a revolution back in the 1770's.  I seem to remember something about taxation without representation ?

13 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

I get your point, but if they don't care, why charge so much for games, since the revenue isn't important?  The truth is the area economies thrive on games in their immediate area too.  Too many moving parts to change too close to the event.

Why charge so much for games? It's a business, the point is to turn a profit.

I'm very surprised by how NFL fans don't seem to get that, NBA fans are very well aware of the cold hard realities that pro sports is a business first, not a civic institution as they like to pretend.

5 minutes ago, DigInBoys said:

Why charge so much for games? It's a business, the point is to turn a profit.

I'm very surprised by how NFL fans don't seem to get that, NBA fans are very well aware of the cold hard realities that pro sports is a business first, not a civic institution as they like to pretend.

I'm sure most fans get it, and at the same time feel like the big business could give 2 s***s.  

On 2/12/2020 at 2:46 AM, wwhickok said:

Thursday night football games this season were terrible 

I can’t ever remember TNF being good. I mean a good game once one a while but in its entirely its largely been steaming monkey poo. MNF has also been trash since leaving ABC. Obviously my personal viewing habits haven’t influenced the NFL but I personally watch NFL action almost exclusively on Sundays. The product is just better.