Biggest non-QB bust?

Bolts223

1 hour ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

#7 – 49ers – (DE) Aldon Smith (Talented but an idiot)

Not even close. If this were a thread about the biggest waste of talent, maybe, but they got 50 games, 44 sacks and a first team all pro season out of him. 

• Like 7

Aaron "Safest pick in NFL history" Curry and Vernon Gholston stand out to me. I still can't believe how non-existent Gholston was. His sheer athleticism should have produced some kind of impact, ala Vic Beasley. No injury issues to speak of as well. Trent Richardson gets a shoutout as well. To be drafted number 3 at RB and not even be replacement level? Special kind of bad.

1 hour ago, DirtyDez said:

Kevin White’s <insert any body part> disagree.

Kevin White may be made of glass but nobody saw that coming.

41 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

What about Vic Beasley? He never really set the world on fire.

He's a decent player, not a bust.

Plus he's been productive at one point or another. 

1 hour ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Brown was the #1 overall pick, not sure about way bigger 

Brown looked the part, gholston never did, brown had a game of 3 sacks, get ffs, he scored a td, he had 5 sacks in 6 games at one point, he was a nightmare off the edge for a few games, prior to his final injuries. Literally infinitely brtter than gholston.

30 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Is it?

I didn’t see any stipulations in the OP.  A bust is a bust and he went #7.

Yes, it is. Very much so. In fact, that's being nice.

Essentially saying that Kevin White is the biggest bust at the wide receiver position of all-time is pretty stupid, to be honest.

Lack of talent or being stupid didn't keep him from being successful....injuries did. Unforeseen injuries I might add. Coming out of college he was a very highly rated prospect and had no injury history but showed up to camp in his rookie year and suffered a freak injury that kept him out for the rest of the season and the injuries just spiraled from there. 

Edited by JustAnotherFan

If we're taking into account the opportunity cost of what was RIGHT THERE FOR THE TAKING?...

Tony Mandarich once again talked about why he turned into a Packers bust [Image via Greg McLain/YouTube screencap]

Who was picked after Tony Mandarich was picked SECOND overall in 1989?...

#2 Barry Sanders

#3 Derrick Thomas

#4 Deion Sanders

ugh.

Edited by DannyB
  • Like 8

13 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Yes, it is. Very much so. In fact, that's being nice.

Essentially saying that Kevin White is the biggest bust at the wide receiver position of all-time is pretty stupid, to be honest.

Lack of talent or being stupid didn't keep him from being successful....injuries did. Unforeseen injuries I might add. Coming out of college he was a very highly rated prospect and had no injury history but showed up to camp in his rookie year and suffered a freak injury that kept him out for the rest of the season and the injuries just spiraled from there. 

The title is biggest-bust not biggest lack-of-talent-or-stupid-player.  Kevin White is the biggest WR bust I can remember.  Doesn’t make him a bad guy or mean he didn’t have bad luck.  

43 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

The title is biggest-bust not biggest lack-of-talent-or-stupid-player.  Kevin White is the biggest WR bust I can remember.  Doesn’t make him a bad guy or mean he didn’t have bad luck.  

I personally don't think bad luck equals "worst in history" by any means, but you're entitled to your opinion.

2 hours ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

What about Vic Beasley? He never really set the world on fire.

Dude no way he wasn't even the #1 edge rusher in his draft coming out that year Fowler was.  We picked him around the 8th pick and he led the freaking league in Sacks one year with 15.5   He even has a pro bowl to his name.  The only 2 guys to have more total sacks than him from that draft class is Danielle Hunter and Frank Clark  and beasley im pretty sure has the most forced fumbles of any edge rusher in that draft class with 11 of them.   So where as he isn't some all world player he dang sure hasn't been a bust by no means and will continue to play pretty solidly for some team going forward.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Is it?

I didn’t see any stipulations in the OP.  A bust is a bust and he went #7.

We're talking like the past 20 years my dude.

Guy's not even top 5 in terms of WR busts IMO. He sucked but injury busts aren't as bad as idiots like (justin blackmon, josh gordon etc.) who washed out because of addictions/stupid decisions. 

• Like 1