Biggest non-QB bust?

Bolts223

7 hours ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

What about Vic Beasley? He never really set the world on fire.

What? Is this part of a sarcastic post? He wasn’t drafted nearly as high as the other dudes and at least he had some success. He’s better than Atlanta’s other top 10 DE blunder Jamaal Anderson.

I’m wanting to say Aaron Curry just because of the expectation. If we’re going on who was the least talented/worst player of the bunch? Probably Vernon Gholston. 

Here’s a huge embarrassment though: The Browns took a linebacker in the 2nd round in 2011(?) named David Veikune. He did not record a tackle in his career. As a linebacker. How is that even possible? Especially because he was healthy. 

Edited by BleedTheClock

For the Vikings, there is an even bigger bust than Troy Williamson.  His name was Dimitrius Underwood.  He was a defensive end who turned out to have mental problems.  We signed him to a $5.3 million contract and he ended up going AWOL after his first practice in training camp, never to be seen in any team activities again.  He didn't end up getting paid any of the contract money, but we ended up wasting our first-round pick (#29 overall) on him.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

#3 – Browns – (RB) Trent Richardson

#5 – Jags – (WR) Justin Blackmon

The first 7 picks of the 2012 draft were busts, if you count Luck's retirement as a bust.

1) Colts - Andrew Luck

2) Redskins - RGIII

3) Browns - Trent Richardson

4) Vikings - Matt Kalil

5) Jaguars - Justin Blackmon

6) Cowboys - Morris Claiborne

7) Bucs - Mark Barron

A lot of talent came into the league later in the draft, but just an awful start.

9 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Glenn Dorsey disappointed, but he was enough of a plus player that he doesn't belong in this thread.

That's fair, but I remember the hype coming in on Dorsey - folks were comparing him to Warren Sapp, and I actually thought he'd live up that expectation, he was a beast in college.

✌

10 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Charles Rogers, Mike Williams, Curtis Enis (such a dumb Pick), Cedric Benson (such a dumb pick), Justin Gilbert, and the pick of the litter......

Keef Rivers! 

bust for the Bears, but had a nice run in Cincy. I wouldn't really consider him a bust overall.

when I think of non QB bust, I think of Tony Mandarich and Vernon Gholston

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ET80 said:

Remember Aaron Curry? The "can't miss" LB out of Wake Forest? Or how about Glenn Dorsey out of LSU? 

I remember wanting Glenn Dorsey or Sedrick Ellis so bad. Got Keith Rivers instead. 

Man, looking bad at those drafts and seeing those names brings back so many memories.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DannyB said:

If we're taking into account the opportunity cost of what was RIGHT THERE FOR THE TAKING?...

Tony Mandarich once again talked about why he turned into a Packers bust [Image via Greg McLain/YouTube screencap]

Who was picked after Tony Mandarich was picked SECOND overall in 1989?...

#2 Barry Sanders

#3 Derrick Thomas

#4 Deion Sanders

ugh.

And Packers fans wonder why we were crap for all those years.  :P