Biggest non-QB bust?

Bolts223

34 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Reggie Bush was a major draft bust.  

Everybody was freaking out back in 2006 when Houston went with Mario Williams instead.  

No, Mario Williams actually had a pretty solid career.  

Bush barely rushed for 1,000 yards in just two seasons, had negative yardage after his last season, and was out of the league before he was even 35.  

Honestly, his career was terrible.  

I agree. He wasn’t the biggest bust but he was hyped up to be the next Barry sanders. 

• Like 2

On 2/11/2020 at 11:30 PM, DannyB said:

If we're taking into account the opportunity cost of what was RIGHT THERE FOR THE TAKING?...

Tony Mandarich once again talked about why he turned into a Packers bust [Image via Greg McLain/YouTube screencap]

Who was picked after Tony Mandarich was picked SECOND overall in 1989?...

#2 Barry Sanders

#3 Derrick Thomas

#4 Deion Sanders

ugh.

That was my pick.  When you are consensus best ever prospect at your position and bust, that is big.  

18 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

He's not even a bust as a pass rusher thats ridiculous to say.  He might not be some 15 sack a year monster but he's far from a bust considering he is avging around 8 a year almost.   I think people really don't understand what bust means.  If were talking about a bust i would imagine it's a top 3 pick that was expected to be some world beater and can't miss prospect like Chase Young is this year.  If he comes out and gives around 3  sacks a year and makes no probowls then i would consider him a bust.    But the 8th pick in the draft and not even the #1 DE coming out giving you an avg of 8 a year is not a bust.   Now if you want to talk Falcons busts with the 8th pick then we can talk Jamaal fricken Anderson  6 years and 7.5 sacks total  now thats garbage.

I'm not referring to his production, his technical skill as a pass rusher is just... bad. His sacks tend to come from circumstances that he isn't control of. His production has consistently been above his actual skill level.

4 hours ago, Hukos said:

I'm not referring to his production, his technical skill as a pass rusher is just... bad. His sacks tend to come from circumstances that he isn't control of. His production has consistently been above his actual skill level.

Rather it's above his skill level or not doesn't matter.  The fact he actually produced them on the field in a real game is what matters.  I have watched every single play he has played in and i know he's not a very technical player at all and relies on nothing but a speed rush.  The thing is that his speed rush is so fast at times he can actually beat some OT's with it He won't beat all of them or the really good ones usually.  But you are making him out to be like he is straight trash and garbage which he has not been.  Jamaal Anderson was a bust  Vic Beasley is not. 

3 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Rather it's above his skill level or not doesn't matter.  The fact he actually produced them on the field in a real game is what matters.  I have watched every single play he has played in and i know he's not a very technical player at all and relies on nothing but a speed rush.  The thing is that his speed rush is so fast at times he can actually beat some OT's with it He won't beat all of them or the really good ones usually.  But you are making him out to be like he is straight trash and garbage which he has not been.  Jamaal Anderson was a bust  Vic Beasley is not. 

I've defended him as a coverage guy before. He's nice as a spy - and I think he would have some minor success as a 3-4 OLB. I don't hate the guy or anything, but he's been a horrible fit in Atlanta. I could see him going to a team like Houston and being better than most people expect, because he fits what they're doing better.

17 hours ago, Hukos said:

I've defended him as a coverage guy before. He's nice as a spy - and I think he would have some minor success as a 3-4 OLB. I don't hate the guy or anything, but he's been a horrible fit in Atlanta. I could see him going to a team like Houston and being better than most people expect, because he fits what they're doing better.

Im not denying what you said on that and agree he would be better on other teams in different schemes.  All im defending is the fact he wasn't a bust and for being in a horrible fit actually played somewhat decent. 

On 2/12/2020 at 10:40 AM, SkippyX said:
On 2/12/2020 at 10:40 AM, SkippyX said:
Trubisky easy since the next 2 QBs might both wind up in the HoF and one of them is already MVP and SB MVP.

They also traded up to take him so he cost a bunch.

Just plain bad player without context then maybe someone from this list:

• Gholston of course
  • Charles Rogers
  • Danny Watkins
  • Jamal Reynolds
  • Wendell Bryant
  • Jerome McDougle
  • Troy Williamson
  • Justin Harrell
  • Jason Smith

Then there are guys like Justin Blackmon who was pretty good in the 20 games he played but could not stay out of trouble.

• Man, he just turned 30 and is still not able to play.

For Entertainment Purposes Only:

Top 5 picks in the 1989 NFL Draft

1 - Troy Aikman - HoF

2 - Tony Mandarich

3 - Barry Sanders - HoF

4 - Derrick Thomas - HoF

5 - Deion Sanders - HoF

Ouch!

Unfortunately for 'da Bears, it's looking like Trubisky is going to be a staple of these lists for years to come - right up there near Ryan Leaf (although I would take Trubisky over Leaf).

Edited by Uncle Buck