Mel Tucker to MSU

NateDawg

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I am not wrong and have nothing to admit. Nice try to get me to say "no I won't", but you won't be able to win with your lawyer powers on this one.

It was definitely backwards and saying Jay Wright is scum is the worst take this site has seen

Just now, mse326 said:

It was definitely backwards and saying Jay Wright is scum is the worst take this site has seen

Oh sure because when Wright first got to Villanova and pulled in one of the best recruiting classes in the country it was because he was dressed well and not because of the Philly bag men.

SLIMEBALL. Just like all of them.

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Can't find it at the moment, but I read somewhere he asked to and was told no.

Some at Colorado are bitter about Tucker’s departure after one season. Tucker said he was not allowed to talk to his players but did talk to his staff. Colorado athletic director Rick George said the reaction from the team was somber.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state-university/2020/02/12/i-felt-pride-mel-tucker-back-michigan-state-where-all-started-me/4741482002/

15 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Gem of a hire, he is going to get all of the stud players in the Detroit/Cleveland area as well as tap into those 4* guys who have been recently going to UK.

Guy only lands 1 top-10 in-state player in Colorado and is all of a sudden going to out-recruit UM/OSU/PSU?

• Like 1

On 2/13/2020 at 11:54 AM, MikeT14 said:

No wonder he was told no, three days ago he had said he wasn't going anywhere.  

We all know money talks, but after this, no coach can criticize a player for entering the transfer portal.  No coach should also say that they won't leave a program.  

• Like 1

On 2/14/2020 at 8:14 AM, MSURacerDT55 said:

Gem of a hire, he is going to get all of the stud players in the Detroit/Cleveland area as well as tap into those 4* guys who have been recently going to UK.

he will get the players tOSU doesn’t want. Day will let UM PSU MSU and Wisky. 

• Like 1

On 2/14/2020 at 11:47 PM, winitall said:

Guy only lands 1 top-10 in-state player in Colorado and is all of a sudden going to out-recruit UM/OSU/PSU?

-Well wouldn't common sense tell you he just got to Colorado and hadn't established relationship with high school coaches yet?

-His roots and ties are in Ohio/Michigan 

-And out of respect for the coaches, I won't post their reactions to the hire but let's just prominent high school coaches/parents in the Detroit area who have produced multiple Division 1 players (including myself) are stoked about the hire and already buzzing about it.

-And who said they would out recruit tOSU, show me where that was said? As I said, he will definitely get in on all of these 4 star guys who don't go to tOSU, that have recently gone to UK or SEC.

Edited by MSURacerDT55

34 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

-Well wouldn't common sense tell you he just got to Colorado and hadn't established relationship with high school coaches yet?

-His roots and ties are in Ohio/Michigan 

-And out of respect for the coaches, I won't post their reactions to the hire but let's just prominent high school coaches/parents in the Detroit area who have produced multiple Division 1 players (including myself) are stoked about the hire and already buzzing about it.

-And who said they would out recruit tOSU, show me where that was said? As I said, he will definitely get in on all of these 4 star guys who don't go to tOSU, that have recently gone to UK or SEC.

You said ‘stud players from Detroit’. Maybe we have different definitions of stud, but that implies someone that OSU, Michigan, PSU want. Not the leftovers that went to UK because they weren’t a take elsewhere or had other issues. He’s not going to be pulling any top 3 classes in the B1G. 

1 hour ago, winitall said:

You said ‘stud players from Detroit’. Maybe we have different definitions of stud, but that implies someone that OSU, Michigan, PSU want. Not the leftovers that went to UK because they weren’t a take elsewhere or had other issues. He’s not going to be pulling any top 3 classes in the B1G. 

You keep moving the goalposts 

-No one said Top-3 classes

-You'll never catch me calling any an 4*  a "leftover" especially from recruiting powerhouse as Ohio is.

-Justin Rogers 5*,Lynn Bowden *4, Marquan Mccall *4, Xavier Peters *4, Moses Douglas 4*, Deandre Square 4*,Chris Oats 4*, Jeremy Flax 4*, Michael Drennan II 4* all are 4 or 5* players from either Ohio or Michigan recruited by UK.

-MSU historically never had top 3 classes, but got really good 3 and 4* guys with tremendous upside with a 5* sprinkled in from time to time. This is what I'm expect moving forward

Edited by MSURacerDT55

12 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

You keep moving the goalposts 

-No one said Top-3 classes

-You'll never catch me calling any an 4*  a "leftover" especially from recruiting powerhouse as Ohio is.

-Justin Rogers 5*,Lynn Bowden *4, Marquan Mccall *4, Xavier Peters *4, Moses Douglas 4*, Deandre Square 4*,Chris Oats 4*, Jeremy Flax 4*, Michael Drennan II 4* all are 4 or 5* players from either Ohio or Michigan recruited by UK.

-MSU historically never had top 3 classes, but got really good 3 and 4* guys with tremendous upside with a 5* sprinkled in from time to time. This is what I'm expect moving forward

How am I moving the goalposts? You literally said “He is going to get all of the stud players in the Detroit/Cleveland area”. That statement implies that he will win recruitments against top-tier schools. If you want to say that he will cut into the Kentucky level of taking the guys Michigan/OSU/PSU pass on that is fine and I’d be somewhat inclined to agree. My point was more that saying he will take a ton of studs from the area was extremely hyperbolic. Only 1 or 2 guys on that list of Kentucky players was a take at any of the bigger schools.