2020 NFL Offseason

GMENNATION

5 hours ago, NYGiantsman10 said:

That guy is an absolute mutant. It would be nice not giving up 200 yards a game to tight ends. He might go 3 to the Lions after that performance. 

I hope not, but if so, that means we can ransom our pick and still get Okuduh or OT plus more. 

24 minutes ago, Kodaraw said:

I hope not, but if so, that means we can ransom our pick and still get Okuduh or OT plus more. 

Yeah I was thinking about that. If the Lions hold firm and take Simmons at 3 the #4 pick becomes the spot for Tua. Heck even with Miami having the next pick they might have to cough up a couple picks just to ensure they don't get jumped. Not even Gettleman could object to that. 

3 minutes ago, NYGiantsman10 said:

Yannick Ngakoue got tagged. He's not gonna sign it. Word on the street is he prefers the Giants (some social media activity to back that conjecture up too) 

That be tough to swing. I don’t see us trading our second after trading our third

27 minutes ago, Acgott said:

That be tough to swing. I don’t see us trading our second after trading our third

Agreed. The first step in pursuit of Yannick for the Giants would almost have to be trading down for a considerable amount. 

It could happen too if the Redskins go chalk and pick Young at 2 and the Lions draft Simmons at 3. Nothing drives a market like a quarterback.  

On 3/2/2020 at 1:35 PM, NYGiantsman10 said:

Agreed. The first step in pursuit of Yannick for the Giants would almost have to be trading down for a considerable amount. 

It could happen too if the Redskins go chalk and pick Young at 2 and the Lions draft Simmons at 3. Nothing drives a market like a quarterback.  

I actually thing the way to get the most value for our pick would be if the draft goes Burrough, Tua, Young.  It creates a huge demand for Herbert, who has been killing the draft process so far.  You hvae to think that there would be at the very least 3-4 teams looking to leap frog the dolphins for our pick.

17 minutes ago, GMENNATION said:

Interesting that these reports are coming out on multiple higher level guys. Is it a result of having a lot of cap? A young QB? Does Joe Judge actually carry that much weight? It's just atypical of the Giants IMO

We have a lot of cap and a lot of needs. Giants have been going after too FA past few years

I actually think were gonna sign Clowney.. When u consider the mess that it will take to get Ngakuoe here, Clowneys option is more sensible. Regardless of what ppl say about how much it will cost to bring in Clowney, bottom line is we have the money. Gonna have to spend some of it at some point. 

I’ve done two completely unrealistic mock drafts today but my favorite was: 

Andrew Thomas

Patrick Queen, Zack Baun, Josh Uche

Ashtyn Davis, Lucas Niang, Lloyd Cushenberry, CEH

Quentez Cepheus, Thaddeus Moss, Evan Weaver. 
I got bored by round 3 bc it was basically playing madden on easy mode so didn’t finish. Basically accepted almost every trade and just went BPA.  Got Thomas in the 20s. 
Feel free to start a petition to can DG and move me in as GM