Myles Garrett Reinstated

HTTRDynasty

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

looks like he drilled McCoy in the head with a helmet. One had about 250+LBs of mass in it and behind it and the other had a swinging downward motion.

I remember it very clearly without watching it. It was 100% dirty, shouldve come with a lengthy suspension.

BUT Jadaveon Clowney did something very similar recently and didnt even get fined.

19 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I remember it very clearly without watching it. It was 100% dirty, shouldve come with a lengthy suspension.

BUT Jadaveon Clowney did something very similar recently and didnt even get fined.

Same thing with the Raiders player. He used his helmet Similar to Garrett during week17 but it happen during a timeout, so it wasn’t seen in TV. He got one game for it

21 minutes ago, N4L said:

The leak about the claim myles made about the racial slur was released BY the NFL. I think that shows you how absurd they thought it was. If there was a shred of truth to it, the NFL wouldn't have leaked that info

Yet they hve the audio but wont release ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Oh yeah, he's got absolutely no leeway to make another mistake. He might be subjected to a few more flags for late hits on the QB or such - those "bang-bang" plays where he might have gotten the QB low, or might have made H2H contact - he's not going to get the benefit anymore, he's going to be flagged and probably fined for a lot.

If he does something like throw a punch at someone (like he did to Delanie Walker) then he's getting ejected and suspended/fined for a game or so.

If he rips off another helmet (doesn't even have to hit someone) he's done. There will be no discussion, he's done.

He never got the benefit of the doubt to begin with really. 

• Like 1

The Harrison hit on McCoy was at least a part of a football move. Call it dirty if you want, but it was these types of shots we cheered about for many many years before it became illegal. This past season, Earl Thomas hit Rudolph in a very similar fashion as Harrison hit McCoy. It was 8 or 9 years later than the Harrison hit. I'm not seeing a lot calls for Thomas' hit being dirty.

What Garrett did is assault with a weapon to Rudolph's unprotected head. Not the same thing at all as the above shots.

Just now, cjfollett said:

The Harrison hit on McCoy was at least a part of a football move. Call it dirty if you want, but it was these types of shots we cheered about for many many years before it became illegal. This past season, Earl Thomas hit Rudolph in a very similar fashion as Harrison hit McCoy. It was 8 or 9 years later than the Harrison hit. I'm not seeing a lot calls for Thomas' hit being dirty.

What Garrett did is assault with a weapon to Rudolph's unprotected head. Not the same thing at all as the above shots.

I didnt cheer about that hit on Colt McCoy. It was dirty AF and Harrison deserved to have his season ended as a result. It was a despicable and blatant dirty hit.

26 minutes ago, N4L said:

The leak about the claim myles made about the racial slur was released BY the NFL. I think that shows you how absurd they thought it was. If there was a shred of truth to it, the NFL wouldn't have leaked that info

If it was so absurd why not play that card the minute everything happened?

a citizen got in trouble for assaulting Garrett, weeks before and he didn’t beat up the guy or anything. It’s not like Garrett is on edge person always looking for a fight. Mason def didn’t something to tick him off

Edited by buno67

3 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Yet they hve the audio but wont release ?

not the NFLs MO. They usually try to keep things in house. they destroyed the damn spygate tapes for example

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

If it was so absurd why not play that card the minute everything happened?

you mean why didn't myles say this the night it happened? No clue. 

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

a citizen got in trouble for assaulting Garrett. It’s not like Garrett is some on edge person always looking for a fight. Mason def didn’t something to tick him off

Myles seems like a nice guy off the field, no issues there for me. 

Anyways, I don't really care one way or the other about the browns or the steelers. so, whatever

16 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

As for the whole thing with why didnt Garrett make the accusation that night when it happened? Because it took him that long to think it up as a potentially good excuse to keep him out of trouble, aka he is a liar imo

or he doesnt air dirty laundry and said it in confidence in his review process as he was promised it was going to be?

2 minutes ago, mistakey said:

or he doesnt air dirty laundry and said it in confidence in his review process as he was promised it was going to be?

Because he was trying to get out of trouble.

We will never know for sure but under the circumstances I am inclined to believe he wasnt being truthful. 

32 minutes ago, cjfollett said:

The Harrison hit on McCoy was at least a part of a football move

An illegal football move. He also said he went out there to put people to sleep. He also said they could keep fining him because he wasn't going to stop trying to put people to sleep.

That is much much worse than a one time mistake where there wasn't even an injury because he doesn't suit up to concuss people like Harrison did. If you think that makes Garrett worse I don't know what else to say.