Myles Garrett Reinstated

HTTRDynasty

44 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

If the audio came out and proved Mason Rudolph did actually say something racist, I'd be here suggesting he should receive a 16 game suspension, not a single one less. 

My thoughts are he was aiming for a 20 game suspension and instead, potentially had it reduced because of supposed provocation. 

Idk, the issue is that the NFL is so damn inconsistent so its really hard to tell what their intent was but Goodell darn well made it sound like it was gonna be far more than 5 games. 

Well there was a sound guy nearby, not sure why they said they couldn't get any audio. Either way it isn't an excuse and I don't think the use of the word should be a 16 game suspension anyway because you know there are a lot of people in the NFL who use it and it's not in a racist way and you can't really give one guy a 16 game suspension for saying a word another guy used that wasn't punished, just a slippery slope. We're all humans anyway, if you hate certain humans you really hate all humans.

No way he was facing a 20 game suspension. The same exact thing happened in a preseason game a few years ago and the punishment was the guy was suspended for the rest of the preseason, 2 games. If it would have been a 1:00 Sunday game he probably wouldn't even have gotten 6 games, but because it was primetime they game him more than what was even allowed by rule.

I believe the NFL said he was suspended indefinitely for at least the remainder of the season and if he met goals he would be reinstated. I didn't think there was any indication that it would carry over into 2020 unless he got in some sort of trouble which seemed pretty impossible because he doesn't live a lifestyle that would likely lead to that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

Who was the guy that got bonked?

The guy who grabbed the other guys facemack and twisted it and then trying pulling it off before the other guy retaliated. He isn't a victim. He is the instigator. Garrett took it too far but that would be like calling Garrett the victim because Pouncey was punching and kicking him while he was being held on the ground. For the record Pouncey never landed anything, but he sure tried.

Edited by Thomas5737
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well there was a sound guy nearby, not sure why they said they couldn't get any audio. Either way it isn't an excuse and I don't think the use of the word should be a 16 game suspension anyway because you know there are a lot of people in the NFL who use it and it's not in a racist way and you can't really give one guy a 16 game suspension for saying a word another guy used that wasn't punished, just a slippery slope. We're all humans anyway, if you hate certain humans you really hate all humans.

No way he was facing a 20 game suspension. The same exact thing happened in a preseason game a few years ago and the punishment was the guy was suspended for the rest of the preseason, 2 games. If it would have been a 1:00 Sunday game he probably wouldn't even have gotten 6 games, but because it was primetime they game him more than what was even allowed by rule.

I believe the NFL said he was suspended indefinitely for at least the remainder of the season and if he met goals he would be reinstated. I didn't think there was any indication that it would carry over into 2020 unless he got in some sort of trouble which seemed pretty impossible because he doesn't live a lifestyle that would likely lead to that.

I'd suspend him for 16 games because, if it were true, it caused something that should not have happened.

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I'd suspend him for 16 games because, if it were true, it caused something that should not have happened.

Even if he said it I don't think that started it, Rudolph twisting and pulling Garrett's helmet started it. Maybe the kick to the crotch escalated it and maybe charging Garrett when Decastro was holding Garrett back made him feel like he was getting teamed up on and felt he needed to take drastic measures that he didn't need to take but I really don't think the mention of the word played much of a part even if it was used.

However, Rudolph did cause the whole thing and wasn't suspended at all so I'm not sure the league cared one way or the other about who or what started it, just that people were horrified at the whack a mole situation.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

So, the entire "Myles accused Mason of saying the N word" was via his interview with the NFLPA, Thrash and company. Myles was allegedly told that everything he shared/his side would be kept completely secret, and then that interview was blatantly leaked to the public/never supposed to go beyond the room, for his and Mason's sake.

You're assuming Garrett's camp didn't leave it

5 hours ago, Danger said:

Regardless of context, that doesn't begin to justify the actions Myles did.

I would have liked him to start the season on a brief suspension just so he still has it in his head that what he did last year is not acceptable, however now he'll just throw it in the back of his mind and not give a darn most likely. What's more befuddling is the Browns Organization doubling down in supporting Myles through the incident.

Not like he lost 7 digits in game checks

3 hours ago, NateDawg said:

No. Garrett learned his lesson. Harsh punishment to begin with. He deserved it, but it was steep. Hopefully Rudolph learned something out of it also. He probably should have been suspended for instigating it. Obviously at a lesser level. He didn’t actually want the noise, just wanted to be a tough guy.

Exactly, dude went looking for smoke and caught himself some fire. It's a lesson most young men learn at some point.

• Like 2