Myles Garrett Reinstated

HTTRDynasty

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Have you ever looked into the things he does off the field? 

during his suspension, he didn’t leave the area or use the time to act like a vacation. The dude spent his free time working at local charities, being present during events and helping out. He is the head of the clean water charity for Africa. He accepted the Position from Chris Long last summer before any of this stuff happen. Has done toy drives in the area. He will also do local meet and greets. Last summer he held a couple at local dog parks because of his puppy. 

please outside of the events of the helmet swing, tell me what makes him not a great human being

There have been a few incidents on the field, that I think you might make a distinction of:

"Great player on the field, bad person on the field, good person off the field"

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I haven't seen #2 stated. 

I think there's a disconnect on #1. I'm not sure most people care whether or not the kick was intentional or not. It occurred. He definitely presses his cleat into the fork of Garrett's leg in an attempt to push Garrett off of him while Garrett is trying to rip the helmet off. I think there's a good chance that Mason is just looking for anything to press against and he just happened to land there on accident, but I don't think his intent in that case matters. 

I don’t think there’s a disconnect between you and I on #1 because that’s the way I feel. I think the other response to my initial post of laughing at the idea that it might not of been intentional is where the disconnect is. 

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

That's why I said, "Garrett shouldn't have popped him with the helmet obviously."

Garrett made the sack. There wasn't a flag. Regardless of whether or not we think the hit was late, it wasn't so egregious that the ref who is tasked exclusively with watching the QB didn't think it was egregious enough to penalize it. In my book, that makes any retaliation by Rudolph the start of this whole thing. 

Rudolph then starts yanking on Garrett's helmet and yelling at him.

Garrett isn't having any of it and puts an end to that real quick and starts yanking on Rudolph's helmet. As that's happening, Rudolph "kicks" Garrett (I put it in paranthesis, because I don't think a kick happened, I think he pressed against Garrett. There was no swing). He yanks off Rudolph's helmet. 

DeCastro gets them separated.

Rudolph then charges at Garrett.

Garrett hits Rudolph with the helmet. 

It’s not like I disagree with what happened. Lol. Just the implication of if Mason didn’t want to be hit with the helmet he shouldn’t have charged. 

Would it be fair to say that if Garrett didn’t want to be charged at he should have dropped the helmet? (Honestly not asking to antagonize a point but that was a full 10-15 years DDC backed up Myles and he was still holding the helmet)

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

It’s not like I disagree with what happened. Lol. Just the implication of if Mason didn’t want to be hit with the helmet he shouldn’t have charged. 

Would it be fair to say that if Garrett didn’t want to be charged at he should have dropped the helmet? (Honestly not asking to antagonize a point but that was a full 10-15 years DDC backed up Myles and he was still holding the helmet)

No? What does holding the helmet matter? Not like there was going to be another play or something where Rudolph wouldn't have gotten his helmet back? Rudolph wanted to claim his helmet back to address his own bruised ego.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

No? What does holding the helmet matter? Not like there was going to be another play or something where Rudolph wouldn't have gotten his helmet back? Rudolph wanted to claim his helmet back to address his own bruised ego.

See I disagree on that one. As much as you can say that last statement, I could say Myles wanted to hold it like a trophy. Myles should have dropped it after ripping it off. No need to keep ahold of it. 

EDIT:

Maybe it’s my sports background that tells me that. Playing lacrosse my coach had 3 simple tenets while on the field regarding equipment: 1) If it isn’t yours and you are holding it, drop it. 2) if you are giving something back, use your stick. 3) If you are holding someone’s equipment never back away.

Edited by warfelg

8 hours ago, cjfollett said:

Pure BS and speculation. 

The ripping off of MG's helmet bit is 100% true, yet no punishment for Rudolph. 

Nobody's saying Garrett did nothing wrong, he's just not the only guilty party here and one of the other guilty parties suffered no such consequences for his part in the ordeal.

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

See I disagree on that one. As much as you can say that last statement, I could say Myles wanted to hold it like a trophy. Myles should have dropped it after ripping it off. No need to keep ahold of it. 

Okay? Let's say I agree that Garrett wanted it for a trophy and not just that he was dealing with DeCastro. So what?

Just because you get punked doesn't mean you get to start things up again.

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Okay? Let's say I agree that Garrett wanted it for a trophy and not just that he was dealing with DeCastro. So what?

Just because you get punked doesn't mean you get to start things up again.

Don’t keep another mans equipment and be surprised when he comes for it. 

Either way, I’ll bow out of the convo. For the most part we agree @AlexGreen#20 because I do believe Mason should have gotten more and wasn’t appropriately punished. Myles holding the helmet as long as he did didn’t help the situation. Who knows if he drops it maybe Rudolph still charges at him, maybe he doesn’t. We'll never know. Just get a little tired of some of others attitudes meting that Mason kept on doing everything and Myles just took it and took it until the end. Both guys were damn fools for what happened. 

22 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

What was worse the incident itself or his completely unsubstantiated claim as to why Rudolph set him off 🧐

Will be easy to root against him this year lol

I mean, you're a Raven, lets keep it real, you would find any reason to hate..

22 hours ago, JustAGuy said:

I'm unabashedly rooting for a career-ending, life-altering injury for Mr. Garrett next season.

Here's to bad things happening to bad people!

200w_d.gif

So its cool for someone to root for you to be in a car crash? People get way too emotional about entertainment

21 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Its whatever. We all knew this was going to happen. Idc how good people think he is as a person, he has a thug mentality on the field just like Burfict did. It wont be his last suspension. Should he have gotten a life time ban? Probably not but he also shouldn't be playing a single snap in 2020 either. People wanna trash guys like Gordon but at least they're not going around breaking kids' arms and not even getting a slap on the wrist or bashing people with a helmet and only getting a slap on the wrist.

The fact people are STILL trying to defend Garrett and act like there is any justification for his actions, imo still makes them as pathetic as he is.

11 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Garrett could have killed him on live TV. Can't believe anyone is defending him.

#FakeOutrage

5 hours ago, lark25 said:

Great player not a great human being

But, you're wrong. Do your research before spewing hot takes

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Ripping the helmet off was entirely reasonable. Mason tried to rip Garrett's helmet off first. Mason only got hit with the helmet when he decided to run up on the dude. Garrett shouldn't have popped him with the helmet obviously, but Mason deserved the bonk on the head that he got here. 

Spoiled-***, baby, fake-tough-guy, QB wanted to mix it up with real football players thinking his QB status would protect him. It did not.

There's a lesson for everybody to take away from this. Don't start a fake-fight shoving match with somebody who isn't on your level. That dude might not know you're looking to fake fight and think you're looking to really fight. 

This right here is real talk

-Also, all of this fake outrage is hilarious, it will be so fulfilling to see him terrorize teams this season especially conference foes. I he already was having a great season before the incident, plus the added motivation, this could be a very special season for him.

-Also there is audio of every single game that has been played, why all of the sudden the NFL can't find any audio when the sound apparatus was right were the incident happened, they could have either definitively refuted Garrett's claim or confirmed it. Hmm.... maybe they don't want a major can of worms to be opened

-And to be quite frank, if this never happened, we don't lose Garrett, we probably contend for the playoffs, Freddie Kitchens is still the HC, things happen in divine order..... 

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

Would it be fair to say that if Garrett didn’t want to be charged at he should have dropped the helmet? 

Criminally, you lose the self-defense card if you willfully re-insert yourself into the scenario. The nature of the action is vastly different if Garrett made a swim-move on Decastro and went after Rudolph with the helmet like that. Even if Garrett was the primary aggressor (which I would say he wasn’t), Rudolph doesn’t get off because he pursued it further.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

C'mon man. Mason Rudolph could have sustained a serious brain injury, and now with Garrett back I'm not sure that he'll ever be able to have a long NFL career without being at risk for future brain damage.

You could make that case for every 350pound  lineman hitting every qb