Myles Garrett Reinstated

HTTRDynasty

Next season's DPOY has the potential to be a special one...  Garrett looking for redemption. Mack Coming off a down year with people questioning his value. AD looking to get off to a faster start. Nick Bosa with a season under his belt with the SB defeat driving him. Chase Young enters the league. 

Oh, looking forward to seeing what the guy in my avi can do too. 

7 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:
12 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

What was worse the incident itself or his completely unsubstantiated claim as to why Rudolph set him off 🧐

Will be easy to root against him this year lol

Yeah, that's a whole other issue as well.

There was a sound guy right there, not saying what was said one way or  the other because I wouldn't know but the audio should have became available once they leaked what was supposed to be a private conversation with Garrett.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dome said:

That’s the joke.

I mean we should mention on a more general note that re-instituting Garrett marks the first time in NFL history that the league has done anything which might impact the long term mental health of its players.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

7 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Glad to see him reinstated with no suspension whatsoever this year.  After all, the only thing he did was hit a guy over the head with a football helmet.  Assault with a deadly weapon isn't really that big of a deal to the NFL (when a good player does it).

🥴🥴🥴
hope you keep that same energy when a pitcher intentionally throws at a batter

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Glad to see him reinstated with no suspension whatsoever this year.  After all, the only thing he did was hit a guy over the head with a football helmet.  Assault with a deadly weapon isn't really that big of a deal to the NFL (when a good player does it).

Only Burfict has had a longer suspension for an on the field penalty and his was an accumulation. Previous hitting a guy with his own helmet was 2 preseason games.

Fortunately Rudolph wasn't hurt or this would have been a bigger deal. Rudolph not getting suspended is still a joke.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

What was worse the incident itself or his completely unsubstantiated claim as to why Rudolph set him off 🧐

Assuming that it was untrue:

The claim would be worse. While certainly not condoning it, in the heat of the moment, some have made similar decisions to physically harm/attempt to harm others (See: The Texans game a few years ago, the Steve Bartuzi incident in hockey, the baseball player who hit the catcher with his bat, etc.).

Having a few days to reflect and then hurling an unfounded accusation to derail a player's entire public persona, character, and perception in the locker room? That's way worse IMO.

IMO "unsubstantiated" doesn't make it untrue, hence why I said untrue above.

Also, the NFLPA leaking what was promised to Myles to be a "completely confidential" interview is nothing short of egregious, and also further proof as to why the NFLPA is essentially a meme.

9 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

🥴🥴🥴
hope you keep that same energy when a pitcher intentionally throws at a batter

I'm not into baseball, but don't you think it sends a pretty bad message when the guy gets off so easily for something that at least could have been a devastating injury?  If I were an NFL owner, I would want to do anything necessary to make sure that kind of thing never happens again on an NFL field.

Edited by Uncle Buck

8 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Only Burfict has had a longer suspension for an on the field penalty and his was an accumulation. Previous hitting a guy with his own helmet was 2 preseason games.

Fortunately Rudolph wasn't hurt or this would have been a bigger deal. Rudolph not getting suspended is still a joke.

Rudolph's situation should certainly be looked into as well.