Myles Garrett Reinstated

HTTRDynasty

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

See this is the issue I take. It’s framed within your statement as if there weren’t two parties escalating the entire thing. 

No no one deserves to be hit in the head like that. Ever. 

Start an advocacy group. You can ride from city to city and console all the people that have been hit in the head with stuff.

12 hours ago, cjfollett said:

Of course you don't. You think swinging a helmet at a guy's head is forgivable.

It is forgivable. There were zero injuries. I forgave him before he even hit the showers. 

Why? Because Rudolph protested about the way Garrett brought him to the gound and kept him there?  Foolish.

And Garrett "protested" the way that Rudolph tried to rough him up after the sack. 

Who started it? The guy who was tackled illegally and struggled to get bacl to his feet? Or the guy who threw the QB down and stayed on top of him?

FMPOV with no dog in the fight, Mason was the main instigator. The sack was't anything we don't see several times a week during the season, it escalated from there based on Mason's reaction.

Bull crap. Garrett was the instigator. You're blaming Rudolph for trying to get up after an illegal tackle and pin.

No. You got that wrong.

Pure BS and speculation. 

How can you say it's speculation, but also BS? Surely you couldn't know if it's BS or not if it's just speculation. Pick one.

(I don't think Mason said anything racist, I'm just pointing out your obvious bias and double standard)

• Like 3

I never said Rudolph had no part in this, but this was primarily instigated and escalated by Garrett. Here is how I saw the whole video, with some commentary.

Less than 30 seconds left in the game, and Garrett charges hard at Rudolph on a screen play. Nothing wrong here. 

Rudolph gets the ball out to the RB and Garrett grabs Rudolph, wraps his arms around around Rudolph's waist, twists and holds on, dragging Rudolph to the ground. (Instegation)

Maybe Garrett didn't know the ball was gone, but I find that difficult to believe, since Garrett is looking at Rudolph the whole time.

On the ground, Garrett is still holding onto Rudolph (Escalation), and then Rudolph shoves, grabs, and twists Garrett's helmet trying to get up (Over-reaction?)

So, is Rudolph supposed to just lay there meekly until Garrett decides to let him up? We realize the game is over, but Rudolph is trying to hurry up and get to the next play.

Garrett starts to get up while still holding Rudolph down (Escalation), and the two start shoving each other.

At this point, 66 and 71 start to grab Garrett, and the ref 34 joins the fray (Escalation)

Then, Garrett grabs and holds onto Rudolph's facemask and begins lifting Rudolph off the ground (Escalation)

Rudolph shoves his foot into Garrett's crotch (Escalation or Reaction?)

While being held by 66, Garrett continues to hold onto Rudolph's helment. There are three distinct pulling actions, and on the third as Rudolph falls to the ground, the helmet comes off. (Escalation)

Garrett continues to hold onto the helmet as 66 and Garrett move backwards toward the endzone. Why is he still holding the helment?

Rudolph charges after them grabbing for his helmet (Escalation)

Garrett swings the helemt and hits Rudolph in the head (Escalation and Assault).

I am sure there were many colorful words between them, like "get off me m*rf*r", but there is no evidence of any racials slurs used.  There is no excuse for what Garrett did. None. To even suggest that Rudolph did more than over-react to this situtation is just not factual. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

There have been a few incidents on the field, that I think you might make a distinction of:

"Great player on the field, bad person on the field, good person off the field"

Not even a bad person on the field. If he had multiple offenses of extremely dirty actions like Suh or constantly hitting people in the head, yeah he would be a bad person on the field but he doesn’t do those things

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Not even a bad person on the field. If he had multiple offenses of extremely dirty actions like Suh or constantly hitting people in the head, yeah he would be a bad person on the field but he doesn’t do those things

He has a few, right? Punched Delanie Walker, broke Trevor Simien's ankle...

I don't know on the ankle thing, a lot of folks try to draw it up as something he did with intent. This being said, the helmet swing and the punch sort of paint a picture.

19 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Not willing to acknowledge there have been a few incidents between the stripes?

1 hour ago, pnies20 said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

this thread. 

cant wait to watch Garrett terrorize OL and QBs all year and hear everyone cry about it.

No thanks. We have a better AND more intimidating DE. And he's not throwing temper tantrums.

46 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

yeah thanks. The fact that you compare the Rudolph incident with this exacerbates the irony.

keep circling around the fake outrage that you have over a fight during a football game.

Where did I compare? You said start a support group as if there’s no one else with brain injuries or have been it in their heads. There’s plenty of support groups out there. 

Saying people have fake outrage is so crap man. Fake outrage is wanting suspensions over a little back and forth shoving. A player literally used equipment as a weapon. There’s no needing to fake any feelings there. 

58 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Where did I compare? You said start a support group as if there’s no one else with brain injuries or have been it in their heads. There’s plenty of support groups out there. 

Saying people have fake outrage is so crap man. Fake outrage is wanting suspensions over a little back and forth shoving. A player literally used equipment as a weapon. There’s no needing to fake any feelings there. 

Yeah and he got suspended for half the season. It’ll all be okay.

This thread is pathetic. It’s February though, so the snowflakes shouldn’t surprise. 

Dude lost six games, millions of dollars, and tarnished his name. Not saying he didn’t deserve it, he did. But the pearl clutching at the inevitable re-instatement here is worth a laugh. 

• Like 1