Myles Garrett Reinstated

HTTRDynasty

The Myles Garrett incident meta has become more fascinating than the incident itself.  I want to know more about the upbringing of people relative to how they view it lol.  Like are y'all full boar charging people you have disagreements with without any expectation of getting hit in the face?

Edited by Rod Johnson
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

This thread is pathetic. It’s February though, so the snowflakes shouldn’t surprise. 

Dude lost six games, millions of dollars, and tarnished his name. Not saying he didn’t deserve it, he did. But the pearl clutching at the inevitable re-instatement here is worth a laugh. 

I’ve seen little pearl clutching, and I’m honestly glad the NFL was swift at the end of the season to resolve it. From the start I felt remainder of the season was fair enough and that’s what it ended up at. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

He has a few, right? Punched Delanie Walker, broke Trevor Simien's ankle...

I don't know on the ankle thing, a lot of folks try to draw it up as something he did with intent. This being said, the helmet swing and the punch sort of paint a picture.

I remember correctly Walker started it but the 2nd man gets flagged. I can’t remember what Walker did, but it’s not like Garrett came out of left field and punched him. Simian’s ankle? How is that dirty? It’s not like he cranked on it and snapped him or hit him him low. That was more of a freak accident because you never see an ankle get rolled up like that. 

idk prior to this year he had zero issues and zero issues in college. Can’t see him just flipping the switch and becoming a dirty player like that for no reason

I could truly care less if people think Garrett is dirty. We could use a little nasty on our team. I would never shy away from that label as long as they’re quality people off the field. 

That said, I don’t think Garrett is dirty and I know he’s a great person off the field. I truly don’t care what his outside perception is, but to call him dirty seems a bit much.

I would have loved to get Burfict or Suh or Romanowski or Hines on the Browns. I’d have flaunted their badassery.  But Garrett isn’t one of those dudes in my opinion. 

5 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I could truly care less if people think Garrett is dirty. We could use a little nasty on our team. I would never shy away from that label as long as they’re quality people off the field. 

That said, I don’t think Garrett is dirty and I know he’s a great person off the field. I truly don’t care what his outside perception is, but to call him dirty seems a bit much.

I would have loved to get Burfict or Suh or Romanowski or Hines on the Browns. I’d have flaunted their badassery.  But Garrett isn’t one of those dudes in my opinion. 

I can agree with some of this, but Including Hines Ward in that group is laughable, especially when youre defending Garrett.  Wards "dirtiness" stem from crackback blocks, which werent even illegal back then.  Cracking someone over the head with a helmet has never been legal. 

As for the Myles Garrett/Mason Rudolph incident, its time to move on. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

I see Garrett is doubling down on the racial epithet despite no evidence whatsoever.

Umm. There are 1000 mics everywhere on a football field. Especially on QBs for a primetime game. When the league did its investigation they claimed that 'there was no audio' in general. Suuuuure seem like a cover up for not wanting whatever they did to not get out to the public. The NFL doesnt want that case on their hands if the audio was actually released and Rudolph said it

1 hour ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

I see Garrett is doubling down on the racial epithet despite no evidence whatsoever.

Well there's no real evidence he's lying either.  I don't know why he'd keep bringing it up after he acted like he didn't want that to be public knowledge, and that it didn't justify his actions.

16 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Well there's no real evidence he's lying either.  I don't know why he'd keep bringing it up after he acted like he didn't want that to be public knowledge, and that it didn't justify his actions.

They were microphones, cameras everywhere and no other players can corroborate that they ever heard it. Garrett didn't even bring it up until the appeal. 

• Like 1