Myles Garrett Reinstated

HTTRDynasty

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It's not because they're NFL stars. It's because this is entertainment. It's not "real life" or "I just walked outside". It's a violent entertainment product that we all sit around watching to distract ourselves from real life. It's reality TV. It's The Bachelor but instead of terrible relationships its 20 somethings giving each other brain trauma.

Except at the end of the day, it is real life. It's a job and If you walked into work today and kicked your boss in the face, I bet you'd never work there again

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Except at the end of the day, it is real life. It's a job and If you walked into work today and kicked your boss in the face, I bet you'd never work there again

Hitting him with a bedpan, however...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It's not an excuse, it's necessary context. I couldn't kick my boss in the face at my job, but if my boss was Vince McMahon and there was a camera behind me, I definitely could. 

The WWE and the NFL are 2 completely different things. Not even comparable and the fact you're actually trying to is...sort of silly

Wrestling is staged, fake, pure acting, a lot of it doesnt even involve actually hitting people but instead making it look like you did.

The NFL, the things we are talking about, they're not staged and it ain't fake.

Edited by wwhickok

51 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Getting a 95 MPH fastball to the face would cause some serious damage which I feel could be considered a "devastating injury". 

I understand and can agree with what you are saying up to a point, but baseball players know when they sign a contract that they will be standing at the plate with 95 MPH fastballs zinging past them.  It is part of the sport - again, to an extent.  Once the pitcher makes the decision to give the guy a little "chin music" and intentionally hits a batter in the face and injures him, then the pitcher should be held accountable for that.  Beaning a guy in the back is part of the game though, and every player knows that.  At no point has an NFL player ever signed a contract with the thought that he should expect to be hit in the head with a helmet because "that's just a part of the sport."  The comparison is a matter of degrees, IMO.