UPDATE - Todd Gurley released

RamRod

We will make another move(s) soon. I will be in the minority here and continue to have faith in Snead. This is a sad day and a blemish on his career, but more is to come.

This is bad, but we are not done. Time to keep retooling. 

Cooks will be traded for a pick(s)

Below are all FA's stil available that fit our needs:

Clowney

Andrus Peat

Devonte Freeman/Melvin Gordon

Cam Wake

Snack Harrison

Derek Wolfe

6 minutes ago, RamsFan24 said:

Clay was almost averaging a sack a game before the jar injury. He was constantly in the backfield applying pressure Meeting Fowler and AD at the Quarterback. I'm extremely lost with 8 sacks in 13 games being average. He was a nice surprise in my book.

Most of his work was cleanup. He was a fine player for us but he wasn't really generating much pressure. 

7 minutes ago, RamsFan24 said:

Clay was almost averaging a sack a game before the jar injury. He was constantly in the backfield applying pressure Meeting Fowler and AD at the Quarterback. I'm extremely lost with 8 sacks in 13 games being average. He was a nice surprise in my book.

You are basing all of this on his Sack Numbers? He was often over perusing, getting pushed around at the line, and brought very little pressure that was created by him. He was a clean-up guy from what Donald+Brockers+Fowler were doing. Plenty of guys can do that, and much cheaper. He was above average to start the year sure, but hes old and looked beyond washed once he came back.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

You are basing all of this on his Sack Numbers? He was often over perusing, getting pushed around at the line, and brought very little pressure that was created by him. He was a clean-up guy from what Donald+Brockers+Fowler were doing. Plenty of guys can do that, and much cheaper. He was above average to start the year sure, but hes old and looked beyond washed once he came back.

I guess when I watched the games I was just looking at something else because I guess didn't see that. But I totally respect your response and breakdowns StLunatic88. Hopefully we can fill all of these roster holes with some really good talent. 

33 minutes ago, RamsFan24 said:

Staley's scheme (if it's anything like Fangio's - which we have far more reason to believe will be the case than not) requires OLB's to be able to equally cover as much as rush the passer.  Clay was modestly productive (from a pass-rushing perspective) in Wade's scheme.  If a new DC with a different scheme doesn't believe that an aging EDGE who has only played in a different type of scheme from this new one his entire career (gaps and assignments ultimately being more important than alignment of 3-4 versus 4-3), I'm going to side with the coach.  Fitting square pegs in round holes doesn't do us an favors.  Paying those square pegs high dollar to try to play into a mold that doesn't suit their strengths is worse.  It's a similar reason why I believe they just opted not to pick up the option on NRC as opposed to picking it up and then if he couldn't cope trying to move him; he had always been a better man-cover corner than zone (still solid in zone, but it wasn't his stronger suit).

7 minutes ago, RamsFan24 said:

I guess when I watched the games I was just looking at something else because I guess didn't see that. But I totally respect your response and breakdowns StLunatic88. Hopefully we can fill all of these roster holes with some really good talent. 

I was very excited to get Clay, thought him "coming home" would invigorate him. And I was willing to take the cleanup sacks to start the year as he found his footing. But the issues were there the whole time.

And then after injury he just no longer had what it takes to be productive enough. Sucks, but you have to cut your losses, the under-preforming young guys we have can do what he was giving us when he came back at like 1/10 the salary

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

I'm done with this "In Snead/Mcvay we trust" BS. Time for them to show it to us. 

This one stings. They better release a nice *** logo soon because if I have to deal with that crap too, I'll go crazy. 

I trust McVay but not Snead as much.

Dumping Gurley and trading Cooks are because of his blunders of deals 

• Like 1