UPDATE - Todd Gurley released

RamRod

26 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Love it. He has no place unless he takes a mad pay cut. Will someone really eat his salary??

Him to the bucs with Brady makes a lot of sense. 

Cam DaSilva put out an article that the top 3 destinations would be Dolphins, Bucs, and Broncos. All 3 can take on his salary, but the hurdle here is that no team doctor can give Gurley their own physical due to the travel constraints. I imagine that's the biggest hold up now. You have to go based on last years tape if his knee is truly shot or not and it will def impact his trade value.

So no the info on spotrac/overthecap didn't change somebody was just reading it wrong. TG has a cap hit this year of $5.5 million which becomes guaranteed on 3/20. He has a guaranteed roster bonus also for $7.5 million and a prorated signing bonus of $4.2 million(the years left of this) for a cap hit of $17.2 million this year. If we were to trade him we would get out of that roster bonus but that drives down even lower what we could get for him if it's done before the roster bonus is paid. Conversely if we have to pay it the compensation goes up drastically. If we were to cut or move him after we pay the roster bonus the cap hit is still the remaining signing bonus for $12.6 million and $7.5 for the roster bonus for $20.1 million. I still can't see us being able to move him before we pay that roster bonus but we can dream. If we pay it he's a Ram for 2020 and they will likely run him into the ground then cut him next year for a cap hit of $13.9 million ($8.4 signing bonus plus the roster bonus in 2021 will have become guaranteed). 

6 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

So no the info on spotrac/overthecap didn't change somebody was just reading it wrong. TG has a cap hit this year of $5.5 million which becomes guaranteed on 3/20. He has a guaranteed roster bonus also for $7.5 million and a prorated signing bonus of $4.2 million(the years left of this) for a cap hit of $17.2 million this year. If we were to trade him we would get out of that roster bonus but that drives down even lower what we could get for him if it's done before the roster bonus is paid. Conversely if we have to pay it the compensation goes up drastically. If we were to cut or move him after we pay the roster bonus the cap hit is still the remaining signing bonus for $12.6 million and $7.5 for the roster bonus for $20.1 million. I still can't see us being able to move him before we pay that roster bonus but we can dream. If we pay it he's a Ram for 2020 and they will likely run him into the ground then cut him next year for a cap hit of $13.9 million ($8.4 signing bonus plus the roster bonus in 2021 will have become guaranteed). 

The Bucs are in win-now mode with Brady. They have two 4th round picks. If we can get one of them I would take it and close the book on Gurley. Draft Zack Moss. 

Sad to say, but it is what it is. The fact that the Bucs can't fly him out or fly a doctor to him to conduct a physical also hurts his value. Bucs would be taking a risk, but with a 4th round pick, who cares? He can put that offense over the top and give Brady pass protection and a great pass catcher. 

Edited by BStanRamFan

10 hours ago, jrry32 said:

If the trade doesn't happen this week, there's no real point unless we get back hella great compensation.

If we end up paying the bonus on Friday, maybe the 1st round pick/Chris Godwin trade scenario becomes more realistic? Low-risk high reward for TB at that point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

If we end up paying the bonus on Friday, maybe the 1st round pick/Chris Godwin trade scenario becomes more realistic? Low-risk high reward for TB at that point. 

It's still not realistic imo. But I will jump for joy if it happens.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

NO, that deal was never realistic. Not a chance we get the best player AND a 1st rounder in a deal, even if we are somehow eating all the cap number

It was a troll Twitter account that started the rumor, and I havent seen one credible source come even close to that type of deal.

Honestly Godwin might be the better WR than Evans when all said and done, cant see this happening in any reality

• Like 1

I want him to stay unless we get something great in return. I refuse to believe all that talent is washed up. Gurley is a damn beast and weve all seen him comeback and do great things when hes had a bad year. Mcvay needs to be better at calling plays next season