UPDATE - Todd Gurley released

RamRod

Honestly, there's no point in getting rid of Gurley now. They should have restructured Goff when they had the chance, but they still should be able to extend Ramsey as of now. 

Give him a full workload this year and a) he succeeds and we're good to go or b) he doesn't and his contract is easier to get out of next offseason. I just don't see any reason unless it's personal at this point, but acting on that isn't always the smartest move (see the Texans last trade).

1 minute ago, RamsFan24 said:

I just don't understand why we are getting rid of Gurley this season. He's only 25, knee problems and all. With the extreme amount of dead cap for this year, just doesn't make sense to me, but whatever. 

Unloads his future money from our books to sign Ramsey and Kupp ;) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RamsFan24 said:

But couldn't we just unload his future money next year when we actually can see some kind of impact or actual saving though?

Bro. You wanna go thru another season in which we don’t know how his knee will react week to week? If he can take 5 carries or 20? Do you want to play that musical chair again? Do you want him dropping easy passes? Do you want him to get tackled behind the LOS because he doesn’t have the burst to run thru the blocks? 

we ha some of the best run defenders as WRs and TEs. They get out in front. We need to utilize them to the fullest. 

Edited by ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI

46 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Bro. You wanna go thru another season in which we don’t know how his knee will react week to week? If he can take 5 carries or 20? Do you want to play that musical chair again? Do you want him dropping easy passes? Do you want him to get tackled behind the LOS because he doesn’t have the burst to run thru the blocks? 

we ha some of the best run defenders as WRs and TEs. They get out in front. We need to utilize them to the fullest. 

The cap ramifications in cutting/trading him before 4pm today are different then what I originally understood from this board. If we trade him, there is language in the deal that would offset what we owe. Also, cutting him before 4pm saves us money in some capacity as well. He will not be on the roster next season either way.

Atlanta is highly interested, but have trouble with the cap as it currently stands. TB is shying away and moving attention elsewhere or in hopes of him being cut.

I'm moving off my original notion of us getting more than expected. We will be lucky to get a 5th or later because it's been made known he's getting cut.

Now Cooks....might give us some return. 

38 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

I got you Bro, but don't Nobody know if he is seriously done or just honestly had a down year like the rest of the offense. Did you see how badly the offensive line regressed. Why are we so quick to throw in the towel after 1 season, in which he still scored 12 touchdowns. I just truly feel that this reactionary way of things will come back to hurt us. We are going to get nothing for a 25 year old who had 1 adverage year with everybody around him also having a declining year.

Just now, NVRamsFan said:

It doesn't save money and creates a roster hole. I thought Snead and McVay were smarter than this. 

I think they are. I think we are misunderstanding the situation.

This is still a blemish on Snead's career.

Clay Matthews cut as well.