Unpopular Opinions: Entertainment edition

TOUCAN

3 minutes ago, JonStark said:

This is going to get ugly.

Last airbender or the movie? I disagree on both counts, but I understand the movie being overrated.

I got one, Game of Thrones was perfect the whole way through. Even though their military theory was complete booty the last three episodes of the season and even during battle of winterfell, the medieval society they lived in wouldn't have known that. Military theory was pretty terrible the whole way through for game of thrones as it would have been. They wouldn't have known about the things we've learned about because of past failures and successes that we know now. ALSO, the politics of it and who ends up on the throne in the end makes sense too. People end up in power all the time that have no business being there. Why should hte TV show be different?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, scar988 said:

Last airbender or the movie? I disagree on both counts, but I understand the movie being overrated.

I got one, Game of Thrones was perfect the whole way through. Even though their military theory was complete booty the last three episodes of the season and even during battle of winterfell, the medieval society they lived in wouldn't have known that. Military theory was pretty terrible the whole way through for game of thrones as it would have been. They wouldn't have known about the things we've learned about because of past failures and successes that we know now. ALSO, the politics of it and who ends up on the throne in the end makes sense too. People end up in power all the time that have no business being there. Why should hte TV show be different?

The movie, and I can't give you enough likes for the thrones take. Fully agree on that. 

• Like 1

The Horror genre is a complete waste of time. More cringy than the most the MOST fan-serviced Anime.

TV is 95% derivative First Responder, Courtroom, and Hospital dramas. Doesn't really put the general public in a good light. 

People who ramble on about how "modern music is garbage" are just lazy philistines, addicted to nostalgia. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, animaltested said:

I want to offer up a retort, but I just cant. 

In all seriousness, I know what you're saying. There's plenty of great new music out there... it's just not as popular. To me, what they play on mainstream sucks (or is catchy as hell to be honest, but that doesn't make it good). Another example is someone like Post Malone. I actually find one or two of his songs to be very good, and the others to be just terrible. 

9 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

In all seriousness, I know what you're saying. There's plenty of great new music out there... it's just not as popular. To me, what they play on mainstream sucks (or is catchy as hell to be honest, but that doesn't make it good). Another example is someone like Post Malone. I actually find one or two of his songs to be very good, and the others to be just terrible. 

This is my problem.  I'm busy as hell, and have limited hours a week for my own social tastes.  Maybe it's lazy, but I just don't want to search for good music.  The stuff that isn't popular doesn't get on my radar very often, and a lot of the stuff that is popular is just pure unmitigated crap.

7 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I agree with you. But Id like state something everyone know; that's how its always been. I think people forget that, especially with how sanctified a lot of past music is. I mean, our first foray into music is as children when our parents train us THEIR music is good, followed by our peers training us that OUR music is good. Most people seem to give up following music in their mid twenties, and become further resentful of it once the current trend completes detaches from whatever the trend was in their formative years.