Unpopular Opinions: Entertainment edition

TOUCAN

90% of Chris Nolan movies are ~45 mins too long and drag/become boring for long stretches to the point where you’re just looking forward to them finally ending 

The Patriot is a top 10 war movie all time. So is We Were Soldiers

”Old Time Rock and Roll” and “Sweet Caroline” are 2 of the worst songs classic rock has to offer and it’s beyond cringey whenever they’re played in a public setting

Hans Zimmer is a better all-time composer than John Williams

Patrice O’Neal is a top 3 comedian of all time

Scarlett Johansson isn’t even a hollywood 9

Just now, Ray Reed said:

90% of Chris Nolan movies are ~45 mins too long and drag/become boring for long stretches to the point where you’re just looking forward to them finally ending 

”Old Time Rock and Roll” and “Sweet Caroline” are 2 of the worst songs classic rock has to offer and it’s beyond cringey whenever they’re played in a public setting

This scene alone makes The Patriot cheesy as hell and a typical Mel Gibson movie.  Braveheart the bloodbath was realistic and fit, this not so much and was trying to be crazy just to be crazy.  

pat-bloodbath2.png

And better than these 10, I do not think so....mind you even finding 10 good War movies is not that easy however.

Saving Private Ryan
Glory
The Hurt Locker
Casualties of War (1989)
Platoon
Zero Dark Thirty
Born on the 4th of July
Dunkirk
Full Metal Jacket
The Deer Hunter

And Scarlett has become a little less attractive than she was earlier in his career that is for sure.  But a blonde with that kind of figure will get plenty of movie work no question about it.  Ghost World and Under The Skin are two very underrated movies she has made, but not a great track record and has been in a lot of bad movies, will see how she is in Marriage Story when I get a chance to see it.  

I agree with Chris Nolan, especially in the Batman movies both could have cut out 15-20 minutes and it still would have been good.  Interstellar just sucked totally as a movie so that was all trash to me.  Inception was pretty overrated, The Prestige was great but yeah a little long, Insomina was amazing though.

31 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

This scene alone makes The Patriot cheesy as hell and a typical Mel Gibson movie.  Braveheart the bloodbath was realistic and fit, this not so much and was trying to be crazy just to be crazy.  

pat-bloodbath2.png

And better than these 10, I do not think so....mind you even finding 10 good War movies is not that easy however.

Saving Private Ryan
Glory
The Hurt Locker
Casualties of War (1989)
Platoon
Zero Dark Thirty
Born on the 4th of July
Dunkirk
Full Metal Jacket
The Deer Hunter

And Scarlett has become a little less attractive than she was earlier in his career that is for sure.  But a blonde with that kind of figure will get plenty of movie work no question about it.  Ghost World and Under The Skin are two very underrated movies she has made, but not a great track record and has been in a lot of bad movies, will see how she is in Marriage Story when I get a chance to see it.  

I agree with Chris Nolan, especially in the Batman movies both could have cut out 15-20 minutes and it still would have been good.  Interstellar just sucked totally as a movie so that was all trash to me.  Inception was pretty overrated, The Prestige was great but yeah a little long, Insomina was amazing though.

She killed it in marriage story. Excellent movie, never want to watch it again.

5 hours ago, animaltested said:

The Horror genre is a complete waste of time. 

I met this English writer/actor who was trying to get his big break, he told me that horror movies are super profitable because they can be made for a few million (which is cheap) and are basically guaranteed to do well because there is a certain subset of the population that will blindly go see any horror movie. He said its an easy way to make enough money that you can then do what you really want after once your name gets out there. 

So, I agree on some level, but there are certain ones I like a lot. Insidious for example. 

Star wars is absolute trash

2 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Disagree. I feel like his movies manage to go so quick for being so long.

Never saw either. 

Yeah. 

I don’t even think that’s debatable. Truthiness being spoken. 

Easily. 

Agree! I don’t see the fascination. Would I bang the crap out of her? For sure. But she’s an afterthought on my “bangable” list. She seems to be in everyone else’s top 5 at least. 

• Like 1