Unpopular Opinions: Entertainment edition

TOUCAN

I'll say mine:

I thoroughly enjoyed Man of Steel, and I also enjoyed Batman vs. Superman Dawn of Justice. People just hated Man of Steel because it was coming off of The Dark Knight trilogy and was billed a Nolan Film, so their expectations were absurdly high. B vs. S was a good film that just wasn't "iconic". 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'll say mine:

I thoroughly enjoyed Man of Steel, and I also enjoyed Batman vs. Superman Dawn of Justice. People just hated Man of Steel because it was coming off of The Dark Knight trilogy and was billed a Nolan Film, so their expectations were absurdly high. B vs. S was a good film that just wasn't "iconic". 

Man of Steel is great. The Ultimate Cut of BvS is also enjoyable, much better than the theatrical cut.

11 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

The Phantom Menace rises to the "upper mid card" of my Star Wars movie list if you watch it under the lense of "Darth JarJar" 

Listening to him speak makes me wanna "shoot first" and leave it at that. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Man of Steel is great. The Ultimate Cut of BvS is also enjoyable, much better than the theatrical cut.

I loved Man of Steel first time I saw it.  I still enjoy it, but the weak dialogue and the fact it took itself too seriously brought it down a bit.

BvS was just okay.  Eisenberg's Lex Luthor and wasting the Doomsday/Superman story dragged it down considerably.

39 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I loved Man of Steel first time I saw it.  I still enjoy it, but the weak dialogue and the fact it took itself too seriously brought it down a bit.

this also sums up my experience. It drags with some of the flashbacks but ultimately its a very solid flick. 

12 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I'll say mine:

MoS's General Zod is the best comic book movie villain in cinema. I'll say it. Much harder character to pull off in my mind than Joker.

13 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

The Phantom Menace rises to the "upper mid card" of my Star Wars movie list if you watch it under the lense of "Darth JarJar" 

But only if they can continue the Darth Jar Jar thing. Especially if they changed him throughout to not be a goofy nothing man the whole time and eventually had him play a very dark side character.

10 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Man of Steel is far more rewatchable than Wonder Woman.  Wonder Woman was more fun the first time through, but I enjoy that movie less and less every time I see it.

Yeah that villain in WW ruins it for me the more I watch it. Otherwise it's good.