Why does there seem to be more confidence with Drew Lock being 'the guy' for Denver over Dwayne Haskins in Washington?

TOUCAN

Just now, N4L said:

Would have been equally baseless

Baseless but not construde as Racist. Gotcha. So it's not possible "right now" Haskins is a one read wonder given his lack of College playing time as a Starter in addition to the superb physical shape he's in?

20 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Baseless but not construde as Racist. Gotcha. So it's not possible "right now" Haskins is a one read wonder given his lack of College playing time as a Starter in addition to the superb physical shape he's in?

Well yeah, I mean one of those comparisons had a racial component and one did not. Both were off base comparisons and have nothing to do with how good Haskins will or won't be. 

It's very possible he busts, just as it is with any young player. He's far from a finished product. 

He has some nice tools and has a good head on his shoulders. Doesn't mean he will succeed but he's got a punchers chance. 

Comparing him to Vince young and jrussel though? Come on. 

I'm not one to make those kinds of accusations, but let's call a spade a spade 

30 minutes ago, N4L said:

Comparing him to Vince young and jrussel though? Come on. 

I'm not one to make those kinds of accusations, but let's call a spade a spade 

It's the context/assumption I had a problem with. The poster clearly thinks Haskins is a Joke as a QB, a bust an afterthought in years to come hence the comparisons to Young/Russell. Vlad clearly disagrees as a Redskins Fan.

My question is. If he had a Favorable opinion of Dwayne Haskins and compared him to say a young McNair with the body of Culpepper,  would he have been accused of Racism then being He compared to two other Black QB's? Or is it just because the other two are considered a Joke therefore is must be a racial stereotype?

I'm not saying he didn't mean exactly how it sounded ,I'm just not a fan of the assumption that was made. That's all.

Edited by Nabbs4u

My biggest takeaway from scouting Haskins heading into the draft was that he frequently missed seeing a wide open Terry McLaurin because he had tunnel vision for Parris Campbell. I'm not worried he'll ever be more than a fringe starter, like Mariota, but without the scrambling.

19 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

My biggest takeaway from scouting Haskins heading into the draft was that he frequently missed seeing a wide open Terry McLaurin because he had tunnel vision for Parris Campbell. I'm not worried he'll ever be more than a fringe starter, like Mariota, but without the scrambling.

McLaurin had 11 TD catches. How was he missing him? 

24 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

McLaurin had 11 TD catches. How was he missing him? 

How many total catches did he have?

He was missing him by never looking at him, because he only makes 1 read most of the time. He's not good and he will NEVER be good, just like Mariota.

Edited by Jeezla

15 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Paris Campbell had 90, KJ Hill had 70 and McLaurin had 35 for 700 yards. So was he supposed to have three receivers over 70+ catches? 

Campbell should have had way less catches, but Haskins couldn't take his eyes off him, kinda like Wentz to Ertz in 2018, the main difference being Haskins had all day to throw and multiple people open. He's basically post-SB Joe Flacco. That's actually ideal for you though. Haskins is bad enough to get you a really good QB next year.

Edited by Jeezla

22 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Campbell should have had way less catches, but Haskins couldn't take his eyes off him, kinda like Wentz to Ertz in 2018, the main difference being Haskins had all day to throw and multiple people open. He's basically post-SB Joe Flacco. That's actually ideal for you though. Haskins is bad enough to get you a really good QB next year.

Oh Jesus Christ. Have a nice day dude. 

Haskins will improve. 

How much will depend on how we address the Offense via draft & free agency.

Signing TE Olsen would be a nice start. We should probably add another considering Olsen's age.

Getting a #2 WR would be big for Haskins. Paul Richardson was supposed to fill that role & disappointed. He's now been released.

McLaurin is a stud & our forseeable #1 WR.

Our OL is probably the biggest ???

Do we keep LT Pro Bowler Trent Williams?

Do we sign OG Pro Bowler Brandon Sherff to an extension?

Do we retain OG Erick Flowers who did very well at transitioning from T to G?

What do we do with RT Morgan Moses?

Lots of questions regarding our OL.

Our strongest offensive unit at the moment is probably our RB's.

A. Peterson still under contract.

D. Guice is a stud, but needs to stay healthy.

Bryce Love is a heck of a player, but redshirted his rookie season as a Redskin. He will make his debut this 2020 season. 

And we still have Chris Thompson. A very talented player, who has also had injury issues.

4 very talented RB's.

If Rivera can add the right pieces for the Offense, there's no reason why Haskins can't progress this season & be successful.

But they need to be able to protect him.

Edited by aceinthehouse

3 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I know you’re low-key trolling, but I’m curious. Do you share the same opinion with Tua “missing” a wide open Henry Ruggs for the other options on offense?

25 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I know you’re low-key trolling, but I’m curious. Do you share the same opinion with Tua “missing” a wide open Henry Ruggs for the other options on offense?

I don't think Tua will be anything special. Another Teddy B/Sam Bradford. Also, I'm not low key trolling. I think Haskins is a back-up quality QB at best, because he doesn't actually read defenses. And that is secretly a blessing in disguise for you guys. You get Chase Young this year and probably Justin Fields next year, because Haskins will be top 5 pick bad.

Edited by Jeezla

4 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Lmao.  We’ll see.  

I'm just hoping you don't get Swift/Taylor/Dobbins in the 2nd this year, because I don't want whatever good QB you end up with next year handing the ball off to some stud RB ready to break out in his 2nd season. The Skins are perfectly positioned to change the fortunes of their D and O over the next 2 years, thanks in large part to the suck job Haskins is about to embark on.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I'm just hoping you don't get Swift/Taylor/Dobbins in the 2nd this year, because I don't want whatever good QB you end up with next year handing the ball off to some stud RB ready to break out in his 2nd season. The Skins are perfectly positioned to change the fortunes of their D and O over the next 2 years, thanks in large part to the suck job Haskins is about to embark on.

All good. I’m just grateful we don’t have to rely on Wentz for anything tbh. Haskins was already more accurate than Wentz last year with a higher average IAY.  Bright future ahead!